Mietemasu yo! Aizawa-san - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - De:Lphinus Just Can't Quit!

Group Leader
Dorothy sure knows how to play with expectations.

On the surface it's 3 people dealing with grief in their own ways: the older girls being overly conscious of the young one who was Aizawa's age - one pushing herself too hard to make up for the loss of talent while the other suffers from what's likely stress related health issues, and Non bitterly unable to deal with the return to normalcy.

And there isn't much reason to doubt it. Just constant hinting something's wrong here. From the haunting to "divine punishment" to Non repeating Theia's asking to get murdered, a joke that still reinforces the thought someone got killed here. Theia's always had the biggest target and the chapter leans into it by having her tease Non the whole time, only showing a bit of her vulnerable and mature side at the end. Still an enigma.

"Don't do what Honami did!" might be the most confusing part of the chapter. Was Aizawa also hiding an illness that ended up being terminal? Because that'd significantly re-contextualize things. Or is it the simple fear Ange will vanish one day like Aizawa did?

And seriously, what's with the ghost(s?) haunting De:Lphinus? It doesn't look like Aizawa, but it seems like it's responding to Aizawa being forgotten, which ties into the theory her desire was to become an immortal idol. Everything coincidentally started working again once they acknowledged her. And it speaks? And Non heard it as Aizawa's voice? Which would be the first time Aizawa's spoken at all in this manga, which leads me to believe it isn't actually her. I mean she is sealed in the school.

Also there's a 4th person's hand on Ange's shoulder in the opening spread.

Next time's looking to be a huge mess. I'm afraid of what Aizawa's reaction will be, and Reona's brain might melt for good. Also if Aizawa told Non everything about school, does she know about Michi too? It's kind of odd she'd talk so much about it if she hardly ever went to school.

Meanwhile in the unhinged speculation corner, I know Dorothy is obsessed with Sailor Moon so I can't help but notice Tsukimori(Moon), Hinomiya(Fire), Kido(Wood), and Aizawa(Love) have elements in their names matching up with 5 of the main sailor senshi, and the real clue is Ange wearing a shirt that says Jupiter. But I don't know enough about Sailor Moon to see if there's anything really there.

Lastly and most importantly of all Non-tan kawaii.

Dex-chan lover
Oh boy, I didn't realize this was set in the Mieruko-chan universe D:. But seriously, it's a very interesting vibe going, a lot of bright light on the surface, some grief but of a fairly normal seeming sort given such a tragedy, someone with some supernatural powers getting sucked in a bit to help... but then some serious darkness at the edges of our collective vision too. A bit of ominous distortion growing closer bit by bit, that the old warnings about messing with the dead do in fact have the potential to be played very straight here. Very neat blend. Thanks for the chapter, looking forward to what comes next.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if losing your voice is in some way tied to the way Aizawa died. We know other ghosts can talk but Aizawa remains mysteriously mute even when she posses someone and Theia seems to connect whatever is causing Ange to lose her voice with whatever killed Aizawa.

Aggregator gang
And seriously, what's with the ghost(s?) haunting De:Lphinus? It doesn't look like Aizawa, but it seems like it's responding to Aizawa being forgotten, which ties into the theory her desire was to become an immortal idol. Everything coincidentally started working again once they acknowledged her. And it speaks? And Non heard it as Aizawa's voice? Which would be the first time Aizawa's spoken at all in this manga, which leads me to believe it isn't actually her. I mean she is sealed in the school.
I had the thought that maybe the Michi's weird kid form split Aizawa into two? I mean it is implied that she was there when it happened at the festival but forgot right? one is normal Aizawa haunting the school that she talked a lot about and the other is the like the desires, ghost evilness, and has her voice; and its just haunting the studio where those desires of being an immortal idol could come true? That could explain why she isn't evil or disfigured like most of the other ghosts, and why the ghost haunting the studio is like super unrecognizable, also it kinda explains what the exorcist meant in the last chapter about someone already doing the work, but it also sounds kinda dumb.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
i just realized the 4th hand in opening page when you mentioned it, it’s quite scary lol

can’t wait how the author gonna cook the festival arc later. i just wish there will be major hint about Aizawa, Michi, and the group idol’s connection to Aizawa’s death

Dex-chan lover
"Hand-to-hand celebrity combat" wtf lol

"Don't do what Honami did!" might be the most confusing part of the chapter. Was Aizawa also hiding an illness that ended up being terminal? Because that'd significantly re-contextualize things. Or is it the simple fear Ange will vanish one day like Aizawa did?
I think that Honami was also the type to hide her troubles and keep a facade up so that people won't worry. And then she suddenly died. Which left Theia with some trauma, and since she's the eldest of the group, she naturally worries over the others more now.

imo, that ghost isn't Aizawa, but it caused her death instead. And now it's haunting Kido Ange, which is the reason why she's losing her voice (and maybe affecting her health too).

Also there's a 4th person's hand on Ange's shoulder in the opening spread.
so, this could be a creepy/horror element about the new ghost. However, looking closely, I feel like the picture is incomplete, like there's something more to the left but it got cut off, y'know? So my guess is that the opening spread was originally a picture with all 4 members, but since this chapter focuses on the 3 living members, they cut Aizawa off.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Glad we're getting to see these girls more I just hope none of them gets hurt!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Forgot to say this but I really like this chapter! It completely subverted expectations by giving us a whole new group of characters that are still closely related to the MC and very interesting situations!

And honestly I was curious about how the idol group felt about Aizawa's death, so this was a welcomed surprise!

also, THEIA IS THE CUTEST!!!! I love, LOVE comedic and cutesy idol like her, I hope we get to see more of the group and Theia!!!

thanks for the chapter!!!

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if losing your voice is in some way tied to the way Aizawa died. We know other ghosts can talk but Aizawa remains mysteriously mute even when she posses someone and Theia seems to connect whatever is causing Ange to lose her voice with whatever killed Aizawa.
Expanding upon this with some wild, completely baseless fanfiction speculation. What if Aizawa and now Ange made some sort of supernatural deal with the new ghost that made their singing better but gradually stole their real voices. This would explain why the new ghost has Aizawa's voice. It would also explain Ange's mysterious symptoms that cause her coughing fits, stop her from singing and have been happening "all the time lately"

Or maybe Ange's thing is just symtoms of severe stress

Dex-chan lover
you miss one tiny thing... famous woman who cant keep a light meal down without feeling like they are going to puke...probably bulimia consiquences

Dex-chan lover
Yeah ok there is a weird ass spirit haunting either Ange or Theia and MAYBE Honami has been showing some signs of being unwell before her sudden death and we definitely know there is something supernatural/spooky involved so maybe the group as a whole has something/someone will ill intent around (and that's how the Delphi girls get involved with Michi somehow) but what surprised me the most was that THEIA IS 22 YEARS OLD??? WHAT???? (fbi-kun is ready)

Could Aizawa's death be related to some kind of exorcism gone wrong? As in the evil spirit won and took Honami's life. We do know that the exorcist knew Michi and our MC had her memories altered. From all we know, during that summer festival she was standing in as an amateur exorcist or tried to aid Neo and got hurt in the process somehow.

Now that I put both images together, the way the figure is coming out in this panel reminds me of Sayaka's terrible drawing of Aizawa and Michi on that faithful night.

image.png
Captura_de_Tela_2023-12-19_as_00.40.30.png

Dex-chan lover
I had the thought that maybe the Michi's weird kid form split Aizawa into two? I mean it is implied that she was there when it happened at the festival but forgot right? one is normal Aizawa haunting the school that she talked a lot about and the other is the like the desires, ghost evilness, and has her voice; and its just haunting the studio where those desires of being an immortal idol could come true? That could explain why she isn't evil or disfigured like most of the other ghosts, and why the ghost haunting the studio is like super unrecognizable, also it kinda explains what the exorcist meant in the last chapter about someone already doing the work, but it also sounds kinda dumb.
I think either somehow Michi splite Aizawa in two, or Aizawa was being haunted.

Dex-chan lover
Next time's looking to be a huge mess. I'm afraid of what Aizawa's reaction will be, and Reona's brain might melt for good. Also if Aizawa told Non everything about school, does she know about Michi too? It's kind of odd she'd talk so much about it if she hardly ever went to school.
I wouldn't be very surprised if she ended up haunting the school because she liked it so much, even if she wasn't there often. Would make sense if she talked about it so often.

Dex-chan lover
Dang it, this manga. I just want to binge it until its conclusion cos the mystery keeps eating at me then I get distracted by other stuff to read and after a month or two I have to reread everything! lmao

Users who are viewing this thread