Mietemasu yo! Aizawa-san - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - De:Lphinus Just Can't Quit!

Group Leader
I wonder if losing your voice is in some way tied to the way Aizawa died. We know other ghosts can talk but Aizawa remains mysteriously mute even when she posses someone and Theia seems to connect whatever is causing Ange to lose her voice with whatever killed Aizawa.
Expanding upon this with some wild, completely baseless fanfiction speculation. What if Aizawa and now Ange made some sort of supernatural deal with the new ghost that made their singing better but gradually stole their real voices. This would explain why the new ghost has Aizawa's voice. It would also explain Ange's mysterious symptoms that cause her coughing fits, stop her from singing and have been happening "all the time lately"

Or maybe Ange's thing is just symtoms of severe stress
I hadn't actually considered that connection between Aizawa and Ange but it's a great observation. I had wondered if this was some Little Mermaid deal and something made a spiritual bargain for Aizawa's voice. There seems to be a lot of missing/multiple eyes going around the spiritual world, so maybe voice theft is just another factor. Something to make note of, like how the new ghost has extra pairs of arms.

I had the thought that maybe the Michi's weird kid form split Aizawa into two? I mean it is implied that she was there when it happened at the festival but forgot right? one is normal Aizawa haunting the school that she talked a lot about and the other is the like the desires, ghost evilness, and has her voice; and its just haunting the studio where those desires of being an immortal idol could come true? That could explain why she isn't evil or disfigured like most of the other ghosts, and why the ghost haunting the studio is like super unrecognizable, also it kinda explains what the exorcist meant in the last chapter about someone already doing the work, but it also sounds kinda dumb.
It's very possible considering how often it's emphasized that ghost Aizawa is acting nothing like idol Aizawa. We don't know if that's just who she was in private, but it could be that she's somehow incomplete too.
so, this could be a creepy/horror element about the new ghost. However, looking closely, I feel like the picture is incomplete, like there's something more to the left but it got cut off, y'know? So my guess is that the opening spread was originally a picture with all 4 members, but since this chapter focuses on the 3 living members, they cut Aizawa off.
Yeah I agree it's likely just Aizawa cut out of the frame, which is more sad than spooky and sets the tone for the chapter, but still a nice detail. I don't think there's anything significant to it being Ange's shoulder, or at least not that we can tell now.
Now that I put both images together, the way the figure is coming out in this panel reminds me of Sayaka's terrible drawing of Aizawa and Michi on that faithful night.

image.png
Captura_de_Tela_2023-12-19_as_00.40.30.png
The one at the beginning with Non in the dance studio has similar dark shading too. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be the same ghost, but if it is then Non is probably part of the haunting. Something I wondered is, if Aizawa is attracting ghosts, could they be also attracted to other parts of her life? That might explain why De:Lphinus has a few going around if they haven't done anything to invite it. But that full page ghost does make it seem like Theia/Ange/both have a ghost singling them out.

And yeah I thought Theia and Ange were older since vol2's extras called Non and Aizawa team high schoolers, but the age gaps are pretty big for idols. It makes for fun group dynamics. You really get the sense of them being adults looking out for Non, though maybe they should level with her some more.

Dex-chan lover
bruv, talk about a JUMP SCARE!!! lord, i'm never reading this at night again

Group Leader
I ain't writing a long ass laragraph but I gotta say I like a lot how this series mixes and balances out all its elements.

Dex-chan lover
That girl is obvious ship with Honami. Lol. And toilet scene.... Not that kind of chough, right?

Good prologue for school festival. Usually school event always important/canon in most series. Can't wait...

Dex-chan lover
Maybe the ghost in this chapter is the ghost of a female fan of Aizawa who have committed herself after Aizawa's death ? And the stan ghost really don't want Honami to be forgotten. And since the ghost have 6 arms, it may be the fusion of multiple souls, hence my theory about a fan (it may be multiples fans who have fused together after death).

Last edited:
Why'd it have to put the ages in? I wanted to think about the foreshadowing and the ominous portrayals not about the fact that a 22 year old tried to kiss a sleeping 16 year old.

Double-page supporter
This keeps me at the edge of my seat every single chapter. Holy crap

Aggregator gang
I love everything about this manga, and non-tan is so cute lol, I'm waiting for all the lore. Ghost lores are something huh.

Edit: I am scared of the hand on ange gah damn..

Thanks for the translation.
That ghost is very scary. Reading other comments, I wonder if that is what michi has to protect aizawa from. And it does look related to sayaka's drawing.
I forgot what else I was going to say. Looking forward to the next chapter A LOT. It really seems like it's going to be especially eventful.

Dex-chan lover
I was just happy that we're getting a peek on De:Lphinus dealing with grief and then oop Nontan's dance hall and oop toilet haunting and a hint that yet another member of De:Lphinus could succumb to the same symptoms as Honami displayed

There truly is no such thing as proper rest in this manga

Group Leader
Chapter 15 raws just released; the magazine was late this month. It's going to take me another week to typeset.
It's mostly a setup chapter for ch16. No De:Lphinus yet. Michi starts to realize why Kasumi kissed her.

Double-page supporter
Ok, new theory: Aizawa was haunted by that new ghost that ended up stealing her voice (hence why Non-San heard Aizawa’s voice in the recording), and is now stealing the voice of that other idol too. Michi probably had (probably unconsciously) her living ghost try to exorcise it and it failed, and the binding would be them trying to protect Aisawa’s soul, or what is left after the other ghost consumed her voice (so the dark shadow from the drawing migh represent what is missing). Neo mentioned that someone else had started working on the remaining spirit, and told Michi it was all on her to protect… probably Aizawa. At first I thought it was to protect her from child Michi, but it might actually be helping protect Aizawa… and I also really love the theory that the sigil is AM (or MA), for their initials, binding them together to protect Aizawa.

the new ghost’s goal might be to take the place of an idol (even if it actually can’t, it might not know that), having switched to another target when Aizawa ended up protected, or to absorb the whole group… the latter theory would fit with the multiple arms maybe hinting at it being a ghost created by a collective of obsessed fans.

Users who are viewing this thread