Milady Just Wants to Relax - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
They had better be searching for her with good intentions, lol. Because she's apparently contracted to two gods, an entire swarm of spirits, and is protected by a mencenary group of werebeasts.
Pretty sure you would have to bring a nuke to stop all that.

Dex-chan lover
@Riger more like a whole fully loaded SSBM would still not be enough to be damn sure they are gone lol.

This was a good chapter even gave me a new french toast recipe

BROOOOOOOOOO that prince is a complete idiot, I can’t wait for the beastkin to come after him

Dex-chan lover
:v So, saw the raw for ch 9, here's for people who want them details
The main reason grandpa came to check on her is because after her getting banished the situation in the school got rather stormy (no details mentioned)

During this, Schneider and Ronia's older brother came to gramp asking about where she's gone to. Obviously gramp kept quiet, but his reason for visiting her is to tell her that they're looking for her.
Though in the end gramp only told her about the brother, which gave Ronia a PTSD moment, and thus gramp decided not to mention Schneider.

Gramp left saying that he hope she'll introduce her new friends in this town to him the next time he come over (since when he mentioned her old friends and wonder if she's made any new one, she couldn't think of anyone)

The spirits soothed her which helped. She also tell them that if she get found, she'd like them to take her to the spirit forest (foreshadowing?)
Next day Sena showed up alone and immediately the other guests leave.
After some talking, Ronia ask if Sena would become her friend.

That's where the chapter ends :v

Aggregator gang
So they're just jumping past all the demon stuff at this time huh

Aww, she didn't get to tell how she first met the lotus fairies. She was interrupted because of the stupid prince and brother.

Double-page supporter
Damn plot be gone, I'm here for slice of life fluff! Her forest friends are a great addition to the fluff, those two rats/young men better stay away from our MC.

Dex-chan lover
Ooo french toast recipe to try yay
The prince and brother better not try to drag her back
Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
@Spinaple
Nah, you're mis-remembering the order, I think.
First is grandpa
second is
Rona's city barrier
third is
demon 1st attack
There's fluffy filler between them obviously :3

I cannot wait until we finally get to the fluffy-cuddles-with-furry-goodness parts <3
Also, Ronya's grandpa seems like such a wonderful guy, it is baffling how her shit family could spawn (at least in part) from him!

Contributor
Fuck em. She has a harem of mythical spirits and fluffy bois.

Thanks for the update!
Ah, it seems a few people already started the spoilers (and I'll do mine later due to personal reasons *cough**cough*exams*cough*)

We've been introduced to Rhonya's grandpa (aka, him and Ramo are the two people she considers her family. Maybe even the king if the engagement was still there). So, the manga actually showed brother's face earlier (as expected, he may be scum, but he is quite handsome).

While I promised a detailed wall of texts of spoilers, because of said unavoidable reasons, I'll only spoil what's related to this chap and a few spoilers at the latter half of vol.02 and ch01 of Vol.03

Without further ado, here's my first random set of spoilers
Rhonya's brother and a little bit of why she's scared of him (this is more of a remimder of my old spoilers)
As he was shown this chapter as one of the 2 people looking for her and someone spoiled that at ch.09 gramps will tell her all this and give her a small PTSD moment, Rhonya's brother is looking for her. The reason is unknown but it can be between 2 things

1. His own personal punishment for embarrassing the Gavisera name. The Gavisera family actually have a bad rep for being talented but "ambitious", Rhonya's bro is classmates with her mentor, Gretia/Grey/Gray (introduced at Vol.02, a purple haired man, sporting a ponytail, and is mostly shown emotionless/apathetic but actually just has trouble expressing/understanding emotion. It is implied Grey is romantically attracted to her and Orphedoto is the captain of this ship) and both are the top of their class, but bro was forever the #2 and Grey was the Valedictorian and hence is now the Royal Magician of the Kingdom. Dunno what is bro's current job. Back to the ambitious part, this actually helps Misano back at Rhonya's departure seeing as back in Rhonya's academy days, the only people acquainted with her are Schneider, Hansel, Lexi, and 3 random noble lady supporters/orbiters (the same 3 noblewomen who testified against her. Random add-on, MISANO F*CKING DRUGGED those 3 people just so she could have someone testify against Rhonya. Will talk more about that later), the rest of the students don't particularly like her but are acquainted with her for the sake of Schneider who will be king (plus it didn't help with Rhonya being a natural introvert and was busy doing her responsibilities both as a contractor with the spirits as well as doing her responsibilities as the future queen by being a diplomat, funny thing is 2 kingdoms want her to stay with them right after Schneider annulled the engagement)

2. At this point in time, it is implied this is where Schneider either starts looking for her because he's being nagged by the important side characters and calling him an idiot/moron for the nth time (side characters being Hansel, Lexi, and his uncle the King) or realizes his mistake and ends things with Misano. If it is the latter, despite publicly annuling the engagement, the king naturally prefers Rhonya because you know, he actually knows her, is competent, and SHE SAVED THE WORLD and only a few people know about it. So ofc bro might be trying to take advantage of the situation and force her back (this is my assumption)

Why Rhonya is scared of him: mental abuse and a little bit of physical abuse. Mental for constantly belittling her efforts (and I guess pissy that she's the top of her class while he wasn't with Grey around) and the fact that if she DOES get achievements, her family just gives her even more responsibilities and the process circles back to belittling. Physical: Blaming a sick person (when Rhonya has a cold) for getting sick.
Vol.03 mentions his tone is very authorative (basically, our girl can't handle the strict military style tone). This is the same reason she rejects the elven prince who proposes to her later (but prince is a good guy and one of the few men Schneider was wary back when he and Rhonya were together)

Users who are viewing this thread