MILGRAM: Jikken Kangoku to Kanshu no Shoujo - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - Decision

Fed-Kun's army
Oof, sucks for poor Gentle. Personally I would've forgiven him, he did hold himself back from killing his sister even if it was out of temporary weakness. His murder, even though he did enjoy it, was to defend another person. I honestly don't think he would've killed anybody if he was a real fella. Maybe we'll get Es's reasoning next, I'd be real interested to see how she justified finding him guilty even if she didn't know he was gonna get kebab'd.

Thanks for the translation my friend, nice work.

Thank you for your translation. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Communists tactics. Pit one vs the other. Use a cutie to hide your wicked intentions. Always hide in a rat 🐀 or a rabbit 🐇 lor a reddit.

Oof, sucks for poor Gentle. Personally I would've forgiven him, he did hold himself back from killing his sister even if it was out of temporary weakness. His murder, even though he did enjoy it, was to defend another person. I honestly don't think he would've killed anybody if he was a real fella. Maybe we'll get Es's reasoning next, I'd be real interested to see how she justified finding him guilty even if she didn't know he was gonna get kebab'd.

Dex-chan lover
Move fast; kill the rabbit. You have no expectation of being able to do better than that.

Supporter
So: they're all dead, is what Gentle tried to say (he tried to say he was dead at least, probably suicide, or - long shot - es originally killed him in the real world), and Close is Gentle's sister, who woke up after he died, and went on to kill... Someone.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So: they're all dead, is what Gentle tried to say (he tried to say he was dead at least, probably suicide, or - long shot - es originally killed him in the real world), and Close is Gentle's sister, who woke up after he died, and went on to kill... Someone.
Damn, that reminds me about Tatoe Hai ni Nattemo where the settings kinda similar.

Also, I really don't understand why killing a killer is such a big deal. Is it just cultural difference or it is just in this manga?

Dex-chan lover
Also, I really don't understand why killing a killer is such a big deal. Is it just cultural difference or it is just in this manga?
Members of different national cultures will have a tendency to share values on such issues.

Bear in mind that Es didn't know the consequences of not forgiving. She was stupid for pronouncing a negative judgment without knowing those consequences, but that's a separable issue.

She wasn't judging Gentle's actions; she was judging his motivations.

Now, some might say that killing people to blow-off stress is okay so long as the killer makes sure only to kill those whose killing is otherwise justified. Maybe those people are correct. But it's a different position from saying that killing with different motivation is acceptable in otherwise identical cases.

Supporter
Damn, that reminds me about Tatoe Hai ni Nattemo where the settings kinda similar.

Not a very stable way to run your society: Let people go around stabbing others at will, and then instead of investigating the incident, you investigate the victim to figure out if they deserved it because they did something bad... And then investigate the victim's victim, to see if that bad thing was actually just... And then the victim's victim's victim...

Dex-chan lover

I agree with Es's choice.
Killing a killer because they're a killer is good, yes, but killing a killer because you wanted to kill someone is doing good, but for a bad reason.
If he had encountered the woman and not the killer, he would've probably killed her.

Not a very stable way to run your society: Let people go around stabbing others at will, and then instead of investigating the incident, you investigate the victim to figure out if they deserved it because they did something bad... And then investigate the victim's victim, to see if that bad thing was actually just... And then the victim's victim's victim...
Self defense is a thing you know?

The context of the death is important and this was a clear case of self defense

Dex-chan lover
Self defense is a thing you know?

The context of the death is important and this was a clear case of self defense
This was not self-defense. Self-defense is done with the intent of keeping yourself safe, but this was done with the sole intent of murdering someone, even if that person was a murderer themself

Dex-chan lover

The intention is the issue.
If I punch a person because they punched a random person, that's fine, right?
But now say I punch a person just because I felt like punching them. They just so happened to have punched a person previously, but that wasn't my concern, just punching them. This makes me equally as bad as them, as I was just punching a person randomly as well.
Do you see my point?

The intention is the issue.
If I punch a person because they punched a random person, that's fine, right?
But now say I punch a person just because I felt like punching them. They just so happened to have punched a person previously, but that wasn't my concern, just punching them. This makes me equally as bad as them, as I was just punching a person randomly as well.
Do you see my point?
While this is a good point, the bigger issue is probably the sentence, a real jury and judge would probably understand the extenuating circumstances and definitely not sentence the guy to death, maybe not declare him innocent, but probably give him a lenient sentence

Es she definitely didn't want to kill the guy.

The only true villain here is the prison

Dex-chan lover
I'm thinking Close probably killed someone pre-suicide and that's what led her to try and take her own life. Since Gentle and Close seem to be siblings, I'm also assuming that everyone's related to everyone else in some way. Maybe Two-side and Close did date and Close and Gentle were friends and something happened there?

Users who are viewing this thread