Misato-san wa Amasugi Joushi ni Chotto Kibishii - Vol. 3 Ch. 17

Aggregator gang
Maybe it's just me, but the part where MC gets serious and talks about trust and harrasement (page 9 and 10) ...past problems at work / trauma?
Legitimately surprised nobody remembers the chapter discussing his night and day personality change. We didn't get context, but he was visibly furious handing in his letter of recognition.

He's either been falsely accused, or he worked for someone that DID do something, and he's now terrified of even the idea of a misunderstanding. His saying she shouldn't trust men leads me to believe he worked for someone that assaulted an employee.

I'm still waiting for the next chapter, my good sir.
images

Fed-Kun's army
I don't like this statement at all. If the implication is that people of the opposite sex will have ulterior motives because they'll be sexually attracted to you then this ignores gay and asexual people's existence. It also assumes that straight people will somehow necessarily be sexually attracted to anyone of the opposite sex. So I guess she shouldn't trust male family members either?

While yes, people (not necessarily those of your opposite sex) can screw you over and take advantage of you when you're vulnerable, you also have to be vulnerable at times. Nobody can live truly independant of others. We all need to be able to trust at least a few people even if it'll make it easier for those people to take advantage of us. If you can't trust anybody, you'll inevitably run into a situation where you need help, but no-one's there to offer any.

I hate that Misato ends up agreeing with what Konishikawa said. We need at least one person to push back against this narrative ASAP, or I'll lose all faith in this comic. It's such a shame too, because it did have some profound things to say from time to time, especially regarding (sexual) harrassment in the workplace.

Dex-chan lover
I don't like this statement at all. If the implication is that people of the opposite sex will have ulterior motives because they'll be sexually attracted to you then this ignores gay and asexual people's existence. It also assumes that straight people will somehow necessarily be sexually attracted to anyone of the opposite sex. So I guess she shouldn't trust male family members either?

While yes, people (not necessarily those of your opposite sex) can screw you over and take advantage of you when you're vulnerable, you also have to be vulnerable at times. Nobody can live truly independant of others. We all need to be able to trust at least a few people even if it'll make it easier for those people to take advantage of us. If you can't trust anybody, you'll inevitably run into a situation where you need help, but no-one's there to offer any.

I hate that Misato ends up agreeing with what Konishikawa said. We need at least one person to push back against this narrative ASAP, or I'll lose all faith in this comic. It's such a shame too, because it did have some profound things to say from time to time, especially regarding (sexual) harrassment in the workplace.
I don't think it ignores gay people's existence so much as it is a fact that heterosexual men are the large majority, and men are on average much larger and stronger than women, so if a drunk woman is alone in a hotel room with a sober man, she's usually in a very vulnerable position physically speaking, so as a rule of thumb it's a good idea to avoid getting into that kind of situation in the first place. I've lived with two different women around Misato's age in a developed country for about 8 years in total, and I can attest that it is quite staggering how often they get approached by men, and among those it's surprisingly common for them to attempt underhanded tactics like getting them drunk in order to take advantage of them. In fact, one of said women, when going on prearranged dates, was sexually assaulted on two different occasions. So I really don't think the policy advocated in this chapter is groundless paranoia. Also, statistically, most rapes are committed by a close relation, so I don't think it quite makes sense to tell Misato to ignore the risk just because she knows Konishikawa well.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, don't worry, man; it's only sexual harassment if she thinks you're unattractive.

I would know...

Users who are viewing this thread