Mob Kousei no Ore Demo Boukensha ni Nareba Riajuu ni Naremasuka? - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - Little Hero

Dex-chan lover
I must say that this is the first time that I see a fairytale that's (waaaaaaay) darker than the original.

Dex-chan lover
I must say that this is the first time that I see a fairytale that's (waaaaaaay) darker than the original.
Maybe, I don't know the exact text of the original piper story. But from what I know, kept the same story beats and added more gore. The villain turned out so creepy... I NEED MORE

Side note: the lady card monster distracting MC from the body horror by asking him about his crush was such a nice detail. The story is not simply overlooking the fact that MC was a normal high schooler not too long ago and can't simply shrug off corpses like they often do in other fantasy/isekais

Dex-chan lover
Maybe, I don't know the exact text of the original piper story. But from what I know, kept the same story beats and added more gore. The villain turned out so creepy... I NEED MORE

Side note: the lady card monster distracting MC from the body horror by asking him about his crush was such a nice detail. The story is not simply overlooking the fact that MC was a normal high schooler not too long ago and can't simply shrug off corpses like they often do in other fantasy/isekais
It's difficult to know what exact ly was the original story, as there are many variations and has received important revisions throughout history (the rats didn't appear in the story until centuries after its origin, and have since spread to all versions). We know that it seems to be based on a true story, down to the exact date, as the oldest mention of it is on Hamelin official documents as a mention of it being the 100th anniversary of the event, but the gist of it is that a pied piper (a travelling entertainer dressed in pied -multicoloured- clothing that sometimes was hired as bearer of edicts or news), for some reason (often hinted to be vengeance) charmed and took away all children of Hamelin (save one or two, depending on the version) forever.
In all versions it's implied that the children just went away and lived on, with only some modern theories that disregard cherry-picked parts of the lore (including more official documents) and seemingly keeping as facts roven latter additions (like the rats), claiming that the story speaks of death (with the three main suspects being a landslide, a flood and the plague); none of the death theories survives fact-checking, though.

I say it's way darker than the original because the author goes from a tale of abduction to, basically, John Wayne Gacy but worse.

Users who are viewing this thread