Mob Kousei no Ore Demo Boukensha ni Nareba Riajuu ni Naremasuka? - Vol. 4 Ch. 19 - My Bad Feeling Was Right on the Mark

Double-page supporter
I get it. My mans got no confidence. And he has to deal with bullies. He doesn't have to bow to peer pressure. He should just keep on doing what he's doing. Fuck the haters. I do wonder what the fallout will be of showing his cards to the world.

Dex-chan lover
Wait... love life?
With your monster card maybe.
Exactly...love life? with cards? that are meant to be lost at any point of time?. Or does MC genuinely have a love interest in those girls? me :questionblob:

Dex-chan lover
At least he has the balls to stand up to the people trying to bully him. Plus its nice to see that a few other random girls decided to speak up on his behalf as well. Hell, he doesn't even need to show his cards, the idiots already said that "luck" is a skill too so he can literally say he got lucky with a "booster pack" purchase that just so happened to have a strong but volatile card in it that he's managed to tame. Combine that with the "evolution" or whatever they were called, of the zombie girl and wolf, and he's probably going to crush these two in the tournament if nothing else.

Though, given the way things go in things like this, I bet he won't end up winning it all.

Dex-chan lover
Back when i was in highschool i didn't care much about the opinions of others nor did i ever felt obliged to keep up appearances
always do things you like(as long as it's moraly ok), do not care about what other people think of you

Double-page supporter
Like I know the ghoul is D rank at best right now but isn't imp and renka at least C rank with his wolf being a B rank?

Dex-chan lover
Like I know the ghoul is D rank at best right now but isn't imp and renka at least C rank with his wolf being a B rank?
Nope, cu sith and imp are D ranks and Renka is a C rank, the highest rank card he has. Unfortunatly one of her skills nerfs her combat abilities pretty severely.

Supporter
It turned out okayish, but it still felt like he played right into the bully’s hands there. I’m guessing that if it wasn’t a vampire card that he already really wanted (to upgrade his ghoul) he wouldn’t have bothered though.

Aggregator gang
Damn, MC has the guts to risk his life in the dungeon and he still cared about what his classmate think this much ?

Also what is wrong with the other adventurers classmate of his ? Seriously, why make such a big deal.
Isn't that the reason why he became an adventurer in the first place? All this shit wouldn't happen if he didn't wanna be popular in the first place. He's risking his life for the fame and clout rather for some greater good or to be the very best like no one ever was, which to me is very realistic considering he's still a high school kid social hierarchy don't matter that much to us adults as long as we pay the bills but it's everything for teenagers.

Aggregator gang
Man, I’ve always thought that the MC has the shallowest motivation, but actually it’s quite realistic compared to other series. I mean it’s literally a highschool kid trying to have his peers’ attention and admiration/respect.

A kid’s social circle/interactions can be pretty savage afterall. I don’t know what kids are into these days, but I remember reading some news a few years back about kids spending big on popular free-to-play games because that’s how they can have a “place” (or be cool) in their social circles. So, not too different from this really (except this one you gotta put your life on the line, which I wouldn’t be surprised if some real kids would do as well…).

Anyway, in hindsight it probably better that the reveal happened this way that way, he can (and did) frame it as “I am not trying to brag, someone just have loose lips”, which is probably cooler.
Back in my day I work part time in a phone repair shop just to buy shoes to show of to my friends only for a rich kid to swoop in with a brand new iphone and a limited edition of the same shoes. Idk why I'm so hell bent on showing off back then my family is barely middle class lmao

Aggregator gang
Nope, cu sith and imp are D ranks and Renka is a C rank, the highest rank card he has. Unfortunatly one of her skills nerfs her combat abilities pretty severely.
Imp is F rank she pretty much has zero combat utility outside of debuffs right now so he's planning to evolve her to a D rank Empusa

Aggregator gang
I kind of feel bad for the intelligent monsters that get used as revives or evolution mats.

Dex-chan lover
"Oh no! I danced right in the middle of the bully hands. I gotta stop and prevent this from going further."

A few panels later

"Ha! You want me to participate in a tournament you rigged? As if you idi- Yooo holy shit is that a Vampire onee-san? You know what fine, I'll join."

Dex-chan lover
Fame and bragging rights. You know how some schools has its own cliques groups? Their motivations including MC's was explained in chapter 1.

But it appears that those former "nerds" brought the good cards directly and have not suffer any setbacks, whereas for MC try the random card pack known for having negative modifiers, got lucky on his first try and suffer an irregular dungeon dive.
Peer pressure is a hell of a drug

Dex-chan lover
Back when i was in highschool i didn't care much about the opinions of others nor did i ever felt obliged to keep up appearances
always do things you like(as long as it's moraly ok), do not care about what other people think of you
Which decades morals are we talking here?

Users who are viewing this thread