Modern Day Technology Scams

Dex-chan lover
netorare or NTR is replacing all rape tags. They just mean the same.

plus aliens scam has been ongoing since the birth of American government.

Dex-chan lover
speaking of scams
I didn't knew this site had a criptominer? what the frick
and regular premium (orange) just reduces it?

edit: fuck I full out ate the april fools bait
Add a little pr0n and it becomes believable, like ads.

Dex-chan lover
We all know the age old story of Soft Ram in which a company "doubled your memory" by literally downloading ram, hilarious i know.
But what are some modern technology scams that you think people should know about?
and what can we do to educate about them?
personally i really hate discord scammers, its like really easy to not get hacked and people still end up doing it anyway
They are a spyware company that uses your PC for building a torrent network.

Dex-chan lover
In a sense expensive tech when something cheaper would actually suffice -> Expensive phone, car, PC, keyboard etc.
Careful not to conflate 'luxury' with 'scam.' I don't need an entry level Swiss watch (that is, it's a luxury rather than a necessity), but I got what I paid for - it is genuinely a Swiss watch. If I had gotten a cheap Chinese watch disguised as a Swiss watch, that would have been a scam.

Double-page supporter
A lot of popular antivirus for windows.
Indeed. Does anyone remember 2019, when Avast (and their affiliated product AVG) were caught red-handed collecting their users personal data and resell them to third parties? :mad:

As a rule of thumb: when it's free, you are the product. Being sold.

Double-page supporter
Okay, I'm surely gonna be controversial here, but... smartphones.

To me, they are nothing but devious tracking / spying devices that incidentally can make phone calls. And if it wasn't enough, they are the epitome of planned obsolescence. They cannot be upgraded and can barely be repaired. Plus, every manufacturer strives to have yours replaced by their latest (expensive) model every 2 years or so. What about the gigantic pile of E-waste that ensues? :worry:

So, thanks but no thanks. I'd rather stick to my 15 y/o indestructible Nokia. And for the rest, my PC can do anything a smartphone does. But better.:chad:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

To me, they are nothing but devious tracking / spying devices that incidentally can make phone calls. And if it wasn't enough, they are the epitome of planned obsolescence. They cannot be upgraded and can barely be repaired. Plus, every manufacturer strives to have yours replaced by the latest model every 2 years or so. What about the gigantic pile of E-waste that ensues? :worry:

So, thanks but no thanks. I'd rather stick to my 15 y/o indestructible Nokia. And for the rest, my PC can do anything a smartphone does. But better.:chad:
Fair enough.

Counterpoint: I HAVE THE INTERNET IN MY SHIRT POCKET. As someone who came of age last century, this is still cool as shit. :haa:

Dex-chan lover
Indeed. Does anyone remember 2019, when Avast (and their affiliated product AVG) were caught red-handed collecting their users personal data and resell them to third parties? :mad:

As a rule of thumb: when it's free, you are the product. Being sold.
Avast - I remember that. It came out at the boom of credit cards back in 2006.

Dex-chan lover

To me, they are nothing but devious tracking / spying devices that incidentally can make phone calls. And if it wasn't enough, they are the epitome of planned obsolescence. They cannot be upgraded and can barely be repaired. Plus, every manufacturer strives to have yours replaced by their latest (expensive) model every 2 years or so. What about the gigantic pile of E-waste that ensues? :worry:

Smartphone also causes cancer. The 199xs handheld has so much insulation it will never affect you. More importantly, 1980's cellphone are bulky but they are the safest phones from radiation.

2G 2.5G 5G are actually intensity of radiation. 3G is just another 5G with very low capacity ( throughput ).

Literally, it borders on Adware, wtf went wrong with it??

You fight "adware" with "licensed malware" aka Kaspersky, Avast, Trend Micro, McAffee, Solomon, etc.

Somewhat: VPN
In a sense expensive tech when something cheaper would actually suffice -> Expensive phone, car, PC, keyboard etc.
... also WINDOWS UPDATES. Linux never had those.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Current digital currency, no one acknowledges it.

It was like sinking for the money Feds created.

Dex-chan lover
Google added a 400 MB update in the Google Service just to track you.

This is why you cannot uninstall Google Play. Doesn't matter whether your GPS tracking is on or off because Google already knows your address ( digitally and physically ) and owns Google Maps.

Users who are viewing this thread