Modern Villainess: It’s Not Easy Building a Corporate Empire Before the Crash - Vol. 1 Ch. 5.5 - Intermission ① The Young Lady and Orange Asuka

Dex-chan lover
I have to admit.

I got very impatient and I read the manga's LN. I even did it legitimately and bought it at a bookstore (all 2 volumes released. waiting on 3rd that is set to release in less than a month).

This little extra does give a visual interpretation on the meeting between Runa, Asuka, and Hotaru. Entirely charming.

As always, it is also a treat to read the financial reports that you guys give. Obviously some context is missing and it is more of a hog posh of opinions and observations but It is entirely enjoyable enough that I still read them.

I have to say tho that needing TL notes on this work is really indeed needed and still on-point on what is released on the official TL on the LNs.

In regards to the whole Apple and Potato thing...

Somehow I can only imagine some past French person who hates apples pick up a potato one day, not knowing what it is, and eating it like an apple. Obviously it tastes bad and since they hated apples, they called it as the "Apple from underneath (the earth)".

I dunno why, I dunno how. That mental story has always existed in my head since my french lessons and I learned about how "Apple" is translated in french.

Dex-chan lover
I have to admit.

I got very impatient and I read the manga's LN. I even did it legitimately and bought it at a bookstore (all 2 volumes released. waiting on 3rd that is set to release in less than a month).

This little extra does give a visual interpretation on the meeting between Runa, Asuka, and Hotaru. Entirely charming.

As always, it is also a treat to read the financial reports that you guys give. Obviously some context is missing and it is more of a hog posh of opinions and observations but It is entirely enjoyable enough that I still read them.

I have to say tho that needing TL notes on this work is really indeed needed and still on-point on what is released on the official TL on the LNs.

Somehow I can only imagine some past French person who hates apples pick up a potato one day, not knowing what it is, and eating it like an apple. Obviously it tastes bad and since they hated apples, they called it as the "Apple from underneath (the earth)".

I dunno why, I dunno how. That mental story has always existed in my head since my french lessons and I learned about how "Apple" is translated in french.
nah, it's much simpler than that:
  • Apple (pomme) is a staple fruit always available (fresh or conditioned) even to the poor
  • potato (patate or pomme de terre) is a staple vegetable always available (fresh or conditioned) even to the poor
Thus, if apple is the pomme of the tree, potato is the pomme of the earth.

Dex-chan lover
Will we get more lolis!??!?!?
Ladder or stepladder, spade or shovel, orange or tangerine... the great arguments of the universe.

To be honest, I couldn't tell the difference between a mandarin, clementine, or tangerine anyway.
Oranges are bigger that mandarins (and i didn't even know that tangerines and mandarins are different). Spades are for digging, shovels are for moving (it's harder to dig with them). Ladders are for climbing, stepladders are for getting stuck.

Dex-chan lover
8449_key.png

Tarepanda cameo.

Dex-chan lover
I have to admit.

enlight me, is the heroine (og) friend or foe or possibly hoe?

I have to admit.

I'm glad you liked the chapter and our Not-Financial Report. I do try to limit myself to general information to not give out advice instructing specific investment actions other than assessing the person's own portfolio in light with the information. Though due to that, it's not as meticulous as I'd want it to be.

Honestly, anyone who create stories involving the financial sector would need to do exposition as it would be hard to do the "Show-not-Tell" principle without confusing the audience.

Your headcannon regarding the French naming convention of Potato is quite interesting, to say the least.

Dex-chan lover
enlight me, is the heroine (og) friend or foe or possibly hoe?
From what I remember the heroine hasn’t made an appearance yet excluding the beginning’s foreshadowing. Vol 3 is releasing at end of month so maybe we’ll get to see her.

Double-page supporter
nah, it's much simpler than that:
  • Apple (pomme) is a staple fruit always available (fresh or conditioned) even to the poor
  • potato (patate or pomme de terre) is a staple vegetable always available (fresh or conditioned) even to the poor
Thus, if apple is the pomme of the tree, potato is the pomme of the earth.
I'm guessing similar shenanigans might be the reason why "pineapple" is called that in English ("apple that looks like pinecone", or something to that effect), and how in multiple other languages the word for "orange" (the fruit) comes from "apple from china" (e.g. "appelsiini" in Finnish).

Dex-chan lover
Will we get more lolis!??!?!?

Oranges are bigger that mandarins (and i didn't even know that tangerines and mandarins are different). Spades are for digging, shovels are for moving (it's harder to dig with them). Ladders are for climbing, stepladders are for getting stuck.
Oranges and mandarins are entirely different things. The size is not what tells them apart, at least should've mentioned the shape. Mandarins are not spheres unlike oranges. On the other hand, tangerines are mandarins but mandarins are not necessarily tangerines.

Users who are viewing this thread