Modern Villainess: It’s Not Easy Building a Corporate Empire Before the Crash - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - The Lady's Flight (3)

Dex-chan lover
I don't get any of the economic lingo in this story.

But the protag make funny terrorized faces so I'm still watching it. :nyoron:

Thanks for the TL.
Everyone like us be like :
2ddace47dc487240b4ebbed55b1087648ebff592286a3c6a811c38043553cb9d.jpg

Welp, as for me...
I'm waiting for the villainess supposed story....

Dex-chan lover
I'm gonna need some explanations, but what I'm getting is that:
  • Buying Saikai fulfills their security requirement
  • Having a solid plan for cleaning up Saikai saves the security department a lot of trouble, which gives them reason to allow the purchase without complaint.
  • Being bought, and forcing everyone to publicly resign, and getting a new loan all serve to delay the bank run and allow MC's tech stocks to grow enough to actually pay for all the bad debt
  • But she underestimated just how bad the internal problems are and they're still deep in trouble.
I'm guessing forcing everyone to resign wasn't enough to root out the corruption, which embezzled the loan they just got.

Dex-chan lover
F#ck I have experience in Banking still I am not getting a single thing, well As a history enthusiastic this story feels good, but if you wanna understand how thing LN is better than Manga but Manga has beat LN in character represention, And thoose three boys are so annoying ( Just finishing VOL3 OF LN ) hope their part get shorten compared to WN.

Dex-chan lover
F#ck I have experience in Banking still I am not getting a single thing, well As a history enthusiastic this story feels good, but if you wanna understand how thing LN is better than Manga but Manga has beat LN in character represention, And thoose three boys are so annoying ( Just finishing VOL3 OF LN ) hope their part get shorten compared to WN.
Dang so even people with banking knowledge struggle to get it?

Well I guess I feel less stupid now at least

On another topic, I think I know what H manga that girl is from...
575047.jpg

You like the "milking" manga too eh? :smugnako:

May I ask in which part of the chapter you found difficulty in understanding certain financial, political, or narrative concepts? At SiliconSignatureSuisse, we take our clients' concerns and feedback seriously, particularly regarding the comprehensibility of our translations. We prioritize clarity and aim to improve our services based on your feedback.

Dex-chan lover
Here's a quick breakdown for those unable to follow Loli MC's schemes:
  • Invest in overseas Tech companies to make $$$
  • Don't use Japan Banks to avoid local government regulations and banking collapse
  • Keep the government's eyes off them (government makes the rules, so something legal now may be illegal tomorrow)
  • During the banking collapse, purchase a bank at fire-sale prices
  • To keep from collapsing her new bank, bundle the bad loans and sell them for less than worth (The Big Short)
  • Survive the collapse, now trade within the Japanese Government's regulations
  • Now owning a bank, work with government to WRITE new regulations going forward (Crony Capitalism). New regulations that obvious favor themselves.
A wrench in that plan could be several: 1) she grossly underestimated the debt of these other banks, which could lead into collapse of an industry she didn't anticipate (perhaps Real Estate? You don't really OWN a bank if you don't own the land it's on [that's how McDonalds was acquired from original owners]). or 2) the government is more freaked out than expected and will overregulate into their own destruction.

Dex-chan lover
May I ask in which part of the chapter you found difficulty in understanding certain financial, political, or narrative concepts? At SiliconSignatureSuisse, we take our clients' concerns and feedback seriously, particularly regarding the comprehensibility of our translations. We prioritize clarity and aim to improve our services based on your feedback.
thank you for doing this series. Honestly I'm amazed at how you are capable of translating this monster and doing so carefully without glossing over any details!

Also, that's one of the finest redrawing I've ever seen Su1phur! Bless you and may you always be healthy!

Anw, here's what I get from this chapter, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

- She bought the Sankai company after some thinking, this has several benefits:
  1. The Ministry of Finance will now be off her case.
  2. The collapse of the Hokkaido Kaitaku bank (where the maid's son works) started from Sankai, so buying Sankai and keeps it afloat buys everyone time. The Securities Bureau is now indebted to her for this.
  3. Since Sankaid didn't collapse, the Banking Bureau now has favors from the Securities Bureau, which if you think about it is all thanks to her. So in a way, the Banking Bureau should thank her for giving them the favors (this is just my guess)
- However the situation seems to be worse than what she expected, since saving Sankai clearly wasn't enough to help the Hokkaido Kaitaku.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm surprised she fired everyone in the top positions of the firm. People like to believe solving corruption is as easy as getting rid of the people doing so, but those people have been in the position for several years and there's a lot of know-how they completely lost by doing that

Dex-chan lover
thank you for doing this series. Honestly I'm amazed at how you are capable of translating this monster and doing so carefully without glossing over any details!

Also, that's one of the finest redrawing I've ever seen Su1phur! Bless you and may you always be healthy!

Anw, here's what I get from this chapter, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

- She bought the Sankai company after some thinking, this has several benefits:
  1. The Ministry of Finance will now be off her case.
  2. The collapse of the Hokkaido Kaitaku bank (where the maid's son works) started from Sankai, so buying Sankai and keeps it afloat buys everyone time. The Securities Bureau is now indebted to her for this.
  3. Since Sankaid didn't collapse, the Banking Bureau now has favors from the Securities Bureau, which if you think about it is all thanks to her. So in a way, the Banking Bureau should thank her for giving them the favors (this is just my guess)
- However the situation seems to be worse than what she expected, since saving Sankai clearly wasn't enough to help the Hokkaido Kaitaku.
she expected saving Sankai to buy more time than it actually did, less a case of keeping someone on their deathbed for a few weeks, and more like stopping a nail from being placed on the coffin... and now she's realizing it

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm surprised she fired everyone in the top positions of the firm. People like to believe solving corruption is as easy as getting rid of the people doing so, but those people have been in the position for several years and there's a lot of know-how they completely lost by doing that
The first Keika Rule seems to be more about making a show.
She is showing the public and market an aggressive restructuring on the company, and hopefully bring back trust about them turning a new page. As owner, she can also appoint new competent managers from elsewhere to fill the position.
The problem it would bring is probably making other companies afraid because her help will always means top executive will get kicked. But they're usually desperate to get bailed out anyway.

It's the second rule that actually chase the people who do the corruption and held them accountable.

Third rule clean up the house and dispose the bad debts.

Fourth rule is a deal to ensure the MoF cooperation if they want Runa's money to rescue the financial institution.

Users who are viewing this thread