Monogatari no Kuromaku ni Tensei Shite - Vol. 5 Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
Windfang and Mutsutakashi are correct. The Thief Wolfen is suppose to be a super rare monster.

In fact in the game, it is suppose to be the designated random spawn monster in all areas of the game with a spawn rate of 0.1%.

Len's Thief Wolfen just so happens to be the one who has direct ties with it in the story due to what it did to his father.

Now that makes it even worse if it really is a super rare monster. If the wolf's ingredients are so rare and valuable that the imperial family can't afford to give some of it away then it might as well be considered some national-level treasure. A treasure that could save the head of the state in case of emergency and keep the stability of the empire. Giving it away would be akin to giving away your life jacket just because some rando don't have it and want to save themselves. Also, that would make other nobles jealous because some rando got special treatment and the authority of the emperor will be questioned by those nobles.

Dex-chan lover
To the translator, I just wanted to say thank you for your efforts in this project. This has been a pleasurable read.

Dex-chan lover
Now that makes it even worse if it really is a super rare monster. If the wolf's ingredients are so rare and valuable that the imperial family can't afford to give some of it away then it might as well be considered some national-level treasure. A treasure that could save the head of the state in case of emergency and keep the stability of the empire. Giving it away would be akin to giving away your life jacket just because some rando don't have it and want to save themselves. Also, that would make other nobles jealous because some rando got special treatment and the authority of the emperor will be questioned by those nobles.
Well the one asking for it isn't some Rando but a Margarve who is the head of the Imperial Navy and the leader of the Royalist faction.

His love for his daughter is that great is that he is willing to betray his nation and cause great instability across it by using his position after he was denied those ingredients kind of like Anakin.

While it didn't happen in this timeline, it will give you an idea of what kind of person Len will have to work with in the future.

Dex-chan lover
Fiona is...
a Yamato Nadeshiko, Who has a pretty good sister-like relationship with Licia despite their supposed love rivalry.
But either way, this author has an ok to good romance record from his other works especially his other major work Maseki Gurume.
Also don't worry.
In the WN, Licia still gets the lion's share of romantic moments and developments to the point I see the odds as like 40% Harem end, 40% Licia win. 15% Fiona win and 5% Klonoa win. It's almost impossible for Licia come up empty handed.
Fiona sounds like the perfect wife. The kind you want to take home to show to your parents.
It's too bad she's too reserved to win.
I don't know anything about Klonoa, but I'm guessing she's one of those violent, bipolar tsundere that Japan seems to love. I have no idea why Japan loves those kinds of women.

Licia is cute, capable of standing with MC in a fight, and she's assertive. Licia is practically guaranteed to be the top girl.

Never knew about Maseki Gurume. Is it good?

Supporter
20240223031647-b3c88f34.jpg

Thanks for the translation.​

Dex-chan lover
Fiona sounds like the perfect wife. The kind you want to take home to show to your parents.
It's too bad she's too reserved to win.
I don't know anything about Klonoa, but I'm guessing she's one of those violent, bipolar tsundere that Japan seems to love. I have no idea why Japan loves those kinds of women.

Licia is cute, capable of standing with MC in a fight, and she's assertive. Licia is practically guaranteed to be the top girl.

Never knew about Maseki Gurume. Is it good?
Klonoa is...
Not a tsundere, this author isn't too fond of them from the notes he left behind. Instead Klonoa is an adventurous and fun loving lady who loves researching magic. While she tries her best to look and act mature, she always comes off looking like a total klutz and acts flustered and messy everytime she messes up.

Regarding Japan and tsunderes, the whole point of them is the gap moe which is the the entire point of their name. Tsun=Cold/Harsh and Dere=Love.

However they are pretty hard to write and many of them are poorly executed and these are not really liked by the Japanese.

Regarding Maseki
It's basically a story of someone reincarnating as a noble who would be crowned as the Prince of an empire

The few similarities it has with Mastermind is the pacing as they are both slow paced stories, the emphasis on Magic Stones as Maseki means Magic Stone and the physical similarities between the Heroines of both series. And the main Heroine is the MC's childhoos friend much like how Licia is to Len.

But beyond that they, are different in many ways, sometimes polar opposites. Maseki's MC is OP off the bat wheress Len spent a consirlderable amount of time training. The world building in Maseki is bigger with MC visiting 3 different kingdoms so far. But politics isn't as good as Mastermind's

Basically Mastermind took most of Maseki's strengths and learned from it's mistakes which is why IMO, Mastermind is the superior work but Maseki is the author's passion project which is why he still updates the WN even after all this time.

Dex-chan lover
Klonoa is...
Not a tsundere, this author isn't too fond of them from the notes he left behind. Instead Klonoa is an adventurous and fun loving lady who loves researching magic. While she tries her best to look and act mature, she always comes off looking like a total klutz and acts flustered and messy everytime she messes up.

Regarding Japan and tsunderes, the whole point of them is the gap moe which is the the entire point of their name. Tsun=Cold/Harsh and Dere=Love.

However they are pretty hard to write and many of them are poorly executed and these are not really liked by the Japanese.

Regarding Maseki
It's basically a story of someone reincarnating as a noble who would be crowned as the Prince of an empire

The few similarities it has with Mastermind is the pacing as they are both slow paced stories, the emphasis on Magic Stones as Maseki means Magic Stone and the physical similarities between the Heroines of both series. And the main Heroine is the MC's childhoos friend much like how Licia is to Len.

But beyond that they, are different in many ways, sometimes polar opposites. Maseki's MC is OP off the bat wheress Len spent a consirlderable amount of time training. The world building in Maseki is bigger with MC visiting 3 different kingdoms so far. But politics isn't as good as Mastermind's

Basically Mastermind took most of Maseki's strengths and learned from it's mistakes which is why IMO, Mastermind is the superior work but Maseki is the author's passion project which is why he still updates the WN even after all this time.
Klonoa can actually be either endearing or annoying, depending on how she's portrayed. I can wait to finally see her. Is she appearing anytime soon?

If tsunderes are not very liked by the Japanese, why do they appear so often in media? And why is it that it's usually the violent tsundere that is the main love interest?

Hmm, interesting. You've convinced me to check out Maseki. Thanks.

Dex-chan lover
Kl
Klonoa can actually be either endearing or annoying, depending on how she's portrayed. I can wait to finally see her. Is she appearing anytime soon?

If tsunderes are not very liked by the Japanese, why do they appear so often in media? And why is it that it's usually the violent tsundere that is the main love interest?

Hmm, interesting. You've convinced me to check out Maseki. Thanks.
Klonoa will appear
pretty soon before Len meets Fiona but after that she's the heroine that appears the least among the 3.

Regarding tsunderes, it takes a while in the story for people to figure out whether or not tsunderes are good or not much the same way it takes a while for people to figure out a story is bad, a character is bad etc.

People still invest in them because while plenty of tsunderes will become flops, those that turn out good are absolute diamonds.

Dex-chan lover
Kl

Klonoa will appear
pretty soon before Len meets Fiona but after that she's the heroine that appears the least among the 3.

Regarding tsunderes, it takes a while in the story for people to figure out whether or not tsunderes are good or not much the same way it takes a while for people to figure out a story is bad, a character is bad etc.

People still invest in them because while plenty of tsunderes will become flops, those that turn out good are absolute diamonds.
It sound more like Klonoa is
essentially a side character that will never win.
After completing around 3000 anime, I can pretty much immediately figure out if a tsundere is going to be insufferable if she beats the living hell out of the MC for something that isn't even his fault. It's practically a guarantee the moment it happens.

Dex-chan lover
The face reveal was anti-climactic as hell. Thanks for the good work.

Dex-chan lover
It sound more like Klonoa is
essentially a side character that will never win.
After completing around 3000 anime, I can pretty much immediately figure out if a tsundere is going to be insufferable if she beats the living hell out of the MC for something that isn't even his fault. It's practically a guarantee the moment it happens.
Yes this along with making the MCs life hard or even compromise his reputation.

Good tsunderes are like Rin Tohsaka and Mine from Akame ga Kill who both have justified reasons to why they act tsuderes. While not being outright awful to the MCs.

Dex-chan lover
Yes this along with making the MCs life hard or even compromise his reputation.

Good tsunderes are like Rin Tohsaka and Mine from Akame ga Kill who both have justified reasons to why they act tsuderes. While not being outright awful to the MCs.
God forbid the MC talks to another girl that happens to be in the same class as him. When that happens, it's immediate execution by strangulation. Or if it's her own damn fault for showing him her panties, yet she still breaks his neck and goes around telling all the girls what scum you are for having seen it.

I'm an Illya fan, but Rin Tohsaka is one of those rare good tsunderes that you can't help but fall for. It's been a while since I've seen Akame ga Kill. Is Mine the pink haired girl with twin tails and a gun? I think I liked her more than Akame herself.

All these girls are so much better than gorilla girl from Nisekoi. God I really hated Kirisaki.

Dex-chan lover
God forbid the MC talks to another girl that happens to be in the same class as him. When that happens, it's immediate execution by strangulation. Or if it's her own damn fault for showing him her panties, yet she still breaks his neck and goes around telling all the girls what scum you are for having seen it.

I'm an Illya fan, but Rin Tohsaka is one of those rare good tsunderes that you can't help but fall for. It's been a while since I've seen Akame ga Kill. Is Mine the pink haired girl with twin tails and a gun? I think I liked her more than Akame herself.

All these girls are so much better than gorilla girl from Nisekoi. God I really hated Kirisaki.
Yup, That's Mine and yeah Kirisaki was pretty bad.

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for the chapter!! I appreciate the hard work b/c goodness knows I couldn't do it.

Dex-chan lover
I mean… it’s not the worst translations I’ve put up with so thanks for putting in some effort 🙂 I don’t get a headache from reading it so it’s good enough to get a jist of what is going on until the slower TL group catches up.

Dex-chan lover
the plot that didn't happen is pretty good by the standards of jp fantasy politics which are extremely low

Users who are viewing this thread