Monster Musume no Oishasan - Vol. 2 Ch. 4.1 - The Fourth Case: The Lamia with an Incurable Illness (1)

Dex-chan lover
@Soseki
you may want to reconsider 'pharmaceutics' as 'pharmacology'

'here take this'
*invite to smash*

e: so does this mean glenn and saphy are, indeed, physically intimate? Otherwise it wouldn't be much of a prank, would it? Glenn certainly wouldn't touch a patient, but someone who grew up with, learned with, and respects? Especially considering how openly affectionate she is toward him, I'd been wondering.

Dex-chan lover
@nobaka
I honestly doubt they're physically intimate. It just seems to me like the kind of gag that an author throws in without really caring much for logic. Also, the reason why he used the "lamias are oviparous" as a reason, instead of "we didn't have sex" is to keep some degree of uncertainty, without actually revealing any cards.

Dex-chan lover
@Askorti
honestly the main reason i think it's possible is her ridiculous level of open affection for him, as well as her possessiveness. that said, it seems like almost all nonhumans are much more emotionally open. The centaurs and all the warriors at the arena come to mind. i'm sure you're right that the egglaying is being used to keep it vague, but that's all part of the fun, right?

Dex-chan lover
btnNgDa.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@nobaka the way I see it Glenn and Saphy has this kind of more than a friend but less than a lover kinda relationship, which are VERY common in a lot of manga and anime. Of course, its also possible that author is implying that they are a pair, but I doubt it since this is a Japanese manga after all

Double-page supporter
@nobaka @Nakanowatari I don’t see what it being a “Japanese manga” has anything to do with it, considering there are a decent amount with couples in them, but I do agree that they aren’t lovers or physically intimate, but she for sure likes him. I think he feels the same way, but is just more hesitant about it because I don’t think it would be allowed by the overseer and I imagine they would be punished if found out. IMO it wasn’t meant to be ambiguous out all. I think he didn’t want to just come out and say “we’ve never had sex.”

Dex-chan lover
>tfw no childhood friend lamia gf

Consider that Dr. Cthululy said no "misconduct" (she's pretty much telling the Lamia to keep her hands off him, her boytoy)

And even if they didn't have proper sex, (by the dialogue here, I think it means she lays eggs, though this will be debunked if we ever see her have a navel) it could very well be possible she did something to him in his sleep or did something to artificially inseminate herself, assuming she ever got a hold of a napkin or tissue he "used." @nobaka

Ah yes, The Merchant's Guild is still active even in this world I see.

Thanks for the chapter!
Even if she lays eggs that get fertilized outside the body, she definitely acts like a woman in love and wouldn't mind a physical relationship. Granted might have to have sex in non-traditional or ways other than basic but definitely determined. Seems scum still are determined to make a dishonest buck in the worst ways possible. If slave trading is illegal how the heck do the corrupt nobles keep them as ordering the servants not to tell anybody would only go so far? That and being arrogant would make them want to flaunt their ability to break the law to satisfy their selfish desires while getting away with it. Be interesting to see if all the slave traders are human or if have some non-human members/leaders. A little disappointing how it seems humans are being portrayed as the only ones arrogant and terrible enough to do this type of thing. After all, take the minotaurs from the Dragonlance series. They're like Klingons who go on and on about how superior they are while doing cowardly and dishonorable things behind the scenes. So why should humans be the only ones to act like scum and do horrible things to fellow sentients just because are a different race?

Dex-chan lover
@Mathiason

It’s still too early to say that humans are the only focus for evil. After all, that explanation was told from Glenn’s perspective of human society based on their current situation, so a perspective showing the dark side of the monster people would be out of place in this chapter and would end up as irrelevant info dump.

@Ironclad

Oh gawd, you killed me with that pic. Now I can’t get that stupid egg-eating song out of my head XD

Users who are viewing this thread