More Amazon Anime and Manga bans. Japan now very worried.

Fed-Kun's army
Bakarina?! Wtf. I only read the manga but it's so wholesome. No ecchi, no gore.

I read the ln for grimgar and it doesn't really have much romance in it at all. It's not ecchi for sure.

Ngnl isn't even that bad, only mild ecchi, pretty standard stuff.

These normies lmao. Well, they're only hurting their own business.

@crazybars

Sorry for the late reply. I mean on one hand your correct on your assumption that conservatives cover stories like this a lot as it's really easy to get people riled up and outraged at something no one really put money into or cared about. There is one company doing this, even if it is massive, it doesn't really matter as before you even were alerted to this fact you probably didn't even care. It happened to be just visible to cause a reactionary outrage for such a small thing. Who does this effect exactly? Wow, some LNs and manga have been taken off Kindle Bookstores but there are still various other firms (like this site we are on) that can fill that void. That's capitalism, baby! If you don't like what Amazon is doing then just go to another distributor.

Boundingintocomics, ClownfishTV and other reactionary outlets only cover this story because it's really easy to lure people in for the "fight the good fight" mentality. I hate talking about censorship around the Anime Community because it almost feels like a trigger word. It's really easy to lure in people with a simple-minded attitude for shit like this. Granted it's one big fucking retailer doing this but how the fuck does this affect you exactly? You are telling me that just before the Amazon pull, you were saving your money for Kindle (because who the fuck has a Kindle in 2020) and a few volumes of the Oreimo light novel?

These incidents are not really getting much mainstream coverage. I would prefer a slightly biased website (with REALLY biased comments) over digging links out of a useless biased opinion article by oneangrygamer etc.

I don't understand what exactly you mean by this so can you explain this more thoroughly?

Discussing your sources. To be frank, at least you have an Amazon forum post you can fall back on. The best you can call boundingintocomics and oneangrygamer is an opinion piece as barely anything is fact checked, sourced or peer reviewed at all. You don't trust ANN for giving Shield bro a low score? That's it? I mean come on man, you are really playing hard ball here. You trust utter filth like nyannet with no barely a shred of reputation but you dislike because they misjudged a good anime once? Then you follow up with a reddit post with 30 upvotes. You're joking right?

You think I would trust a site that said best seller Tate no Yuusha was worst anime of 2019 ... ?

Wait, they didn't even say that. ANN said that the relationship between shield egdelord and resident foxgirl was a bad relationship. Something I don't personally agree with but I don't think I really give a shit about it that much. That's fucking it.

... plays politics all the time?

Sadly, out of the whole quote this is the one that sticks out to me. This is telling to be honest. You really expect me to believe that ANN is "politics" or is just does something you didn't like. Seemingly, why is it the only time when people pull out the "politics" card is when they say, do or acting in an incredibly political way? Politics is a facet of our daily lives, we simply can't just ignore it. Continuing on, yeah of fucking course, animemovivation is going to be biased lol. The website fucking coomer as hell lmfao.

20+ Adult Anime Games You Should Start Playing As A Fan Of Hentai

To be honest, if you have to wad your way through tons of trash sites just to find a forum from Amazon then why didn't you just post this instead of the rambling youtube videos of a grown man crying that he won't be able to obtain his fix of Eromanga Sensei better yet why post this shit at all? Like I said earlier this is a non issue.

@firelight

just read above.

@precognicent

I hate talking about censorship around the Anime Community because it almost feels like a trigger word. It's really easy to lure in people with a simple-minded attitude for shit like this.

Oh good for you. That's the whole point of this thread. What, was censorship supposed to get a free pass? And don't you dare assume every poster on this thread is dumb ever again. That's insulting to everyone, not just me.

---------------------------------------------------
Your whole text wall is to basically trying to guess my politics. Wow, it's almost like you're saying my opinion wouldn't matter if I had that political affiliation. Maybe that's why I don't like Ann playing politics? By the way, nice labeling, except 1. why would that be an issue when I clearly note biases and 2. would someone politically biased tell you an article is biased? Because I just did, why are you using that like you caught me, that should at least tell you I tried to be impartial.

This is not a Political affiliation litmus credibility test thread. The disclaimer tells you there's bias in the article, you're supposed to do research on the topic yourself because you're not supposed to take a stranger's words on the internet at face value alone.

--------------------------Anime News Network accusation rebuttal: Aka why did you trust these Strangers again? For Precognicent only.

Let's not go any further than this and agree to disagree. But quite frankly, since when were we in 1984 or the inquisition where everyone's opinion must conform to the official one true opinion or you're wrong? I don't think THAT type of thinking is healthy when people have different objectives, ideas, values, religions and living conditions.

Look at what Anime News Network actually did. With Shield Hero

Ann reviewer putting politics about rape accusations before doing his job reviewing.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ActionZacku/status/1078121500077580288

Reviews that came after the tweet that are essentially political opinion pieces on false rape story plot instead of Anime's quality.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/preview-guide/2019/winter/the-rising-of-the-shield-hero/.141699

Oh, now it makes more sense why I don't trust them hmmmmm? That's 100% political pandering
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2020-01-03/the-worst-anime-of-2019-and-our-mega-poll-results/.155020

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultures/the-rising-of-the-shield-hero

>> Oh and these guys are natural enemies to ANN, it's useful to use them as another point of view to see more context, and you can see the deluge of political hit pieces all saying Shield hero False rape accusation was worst thing ever. *Btw, Brett Kavanaugh's a real creep, the article is wrong there. Don't trust everything at face value.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/05/11/cbr-takes-issue-with-the-rising-of-the-shield-heros-socially-contentious-undertones-and-incel-fanbase-confused-about-popularity-as-most-criticism-from-western-fans-in/

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/01/11/crunchyrolls-the-rising-of-the-shield-hero-anime-attacked-by-feminists-and-social-justice-warriors/

---------------------
Some examples of the backlash to Anime News Network's bias. There's a lot of this, you can find plenty of it.

* This is Anime reddit btw, a mainstream politically neutral reddit. 800 upvotes supporting this article.
https://old.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/ado3x4/no_anime_news_network_rising_of_the_shield_heros/

*similar
https://old.reddit.com/r/shieldbro/comments/bbjw8k/gathering_information_about_peoples_opinion_on/

Are you 100% sure it wasn't political bias but I lost faith in Anime News Network because they themselves put politics before doing their job?

@crazybars

Oh good for you. That's the whole point of this thread. What, was censorship supposed to get a free pass? And don't you dare assume every poster on this thread is dumb ever again. That's insulting to everyone, not just me.

First, phrasing is key here. You say "that's the whole point of this thread" in response to "It's really easy to lure in people with a simple-minded attitude for shit like this" leaving shit really vague and, if I were to interpret it, saying that the topic of censorship is an easy bait to rile the anger of a mob. Secondly, I kind of have to assume every poster is dumb. No one on the internet actually searches or looks up shit for themselves (including my lazy ass) so it's really easy to sway people towards your affiliation on this topic. I only did this because when I checked the sources, it was just an barrage of bullshit rage-mongering over something absolutely no one cares about. Again, why would you care that shit is getting taken off the Kindle Bookstore when most people here 1) use mangadex or other manga/LN reader, 2) don't have a kindle or 3) are too poor to directly give money to the industry through legit means. I fit in all of these categories and I will take a bet that most people here aren't affected much to the degree that many would like to state. Of course, it's meant to be quite insulting that I am judging your academic rigor.

Your whole text wall is to basically trying to guess my politics. Wow, it's almost like you're saying my opinion wouldn't matter if I had that political affiliation. Maybe that's why I don't like Ann playing politics? By the way, nice labeling, except 1. why would that be an issue when I clearly note biases and 2. would someone politically biased tell you an article is biased? Because I just did, why are you using that like you caught me, that should at least tell you I tried to be impartial.

This is not a Political affiliation litmus credibility test thread. The disclaimer tells you there's bias in the article, you're supposed to do research on the topic yourself because you're not supposed to take a stranger's words on the internet at face value alone.

Thing is that, again, no one actually cares about this vague sense of "politics" you are stating. The thing is that political outlook is persuasive throughout one's live and something you live with individually. The term "politics" just means something or someone I don't want to address or like to deal with but again that is very reductive when we are talking about anime, manga or light novels (aka art). So, in essence, what I am saying is that your opinion on an issue is swayed by your particular political affectation and surely that isn't such a terrible thing to say.

In my first response to your point I stated that at least you did acknowledge your biases, but clearly even that isn't good enough. We all know that people aren't going to search things up for themselves, people will take any chance to get outraged over something quite trivial. Even for a small thing like this Amazon take down thing.

Let's not go any further than this and agree to disagree. But quite frankly, since when were we in 1984 or the inquisition where everyone's opinion must conform to the official one true opinion or you're wrong? I don't think THAT type of thinking is healthy when people have different objectives, ideas, values, religions and living conditions.

I don't really think I can agree to disagree about this. ANN made a spotty review in which they assumed was going to go misogynistic, they clearly made a bad call and moved past it in some fashion. So, I should 'cancel' them for not liking a show I liked? I will say this again "You trust utter filth like nyannet with no barely a shred of reputation but you dislike [ANN] because they misjudged a good anime once?" I mean, there are various things that ANN for sure discounted and for sure they got it wrong when talking about shield bro. Sadly, this shouldn't be an excuse to discount their news content entirely because some writers gave an anime a bad review once. Also, I got to catch up on the shield bro manga.

Things are subjective we get it, but why say " ... since when were we in 1984 or the inquisition where everyone's opinion must conform to the official one true opinion or you're wrong?" when you were the raging about how SOME of ANN's writers didn't like shield bro. Is everyone meant to conform to the "one true position" on this topic? This huge controversy over one's first episode viewing.

Last point: it's not political bias to have an opinion piece out there but an opinion piece can easily have political bias and it's good to acknowledge such a thing and critique media.

Double-page supporter
Again, why would you care that shit is getting taken off the Kindle Bookstore when most people here 1) NEVER SUBBED
ZHOEhuj.png
NEVER BOUGHT
ZHOEhuj.png
ADBLOCK ON
ZHOEhuj.png
STOLEN LAPTOP
ZHOEhuj.png
NEIGHBOURS WIFI
ZHOEhuj.png
MOMMAS HOUSE
ZHOEhuj.png
STOLEN SOLAR PANELS
ZHOEhuj.png
STOLEN SUN
ZHOEhuj.png
SOLAR ENERGY STOLEN
ZHOEhuj.png
WATER WHEEL
ZHOEhuj.png
NEIGHBOURS RIVER
ZHOEhuj.png
STOLEN HYDROELECTRIC PLANT
ZHOEhuj.png
CHARGING PHONE WITH WORK ELECTRICITY
ZHOEhuj.png
SHOWER IN BATHROOM SINK
ZHOEhuj.png
STOLEN FOOD FROM CAFETERIA
ZHOEhuj.png
STOLEN HAMSTER
ZHOEhuj.png
STOLEN HAMSTER WHEEL
ZHOEhuj.png
KINETIC ENERGY
ZHOEhuj.png
FREE ENTERTAINMENT
ZHOEhuj.png
Maybe because if this trend continues, it might eventually affect authors and their creative freedom. Which in turn will compromise the quality of our Free Mongolian Fresco.
But on the other hand, making a big deal out of this can attract more attention and just make things worse. I want to believe that Manga and Light Novels in Japan are safe, but it's not so much with anime, since western companies like Crunchyroll have a say.

@precognicent

Apparently I needs facts and sources but all you need is your opinion. Well your double standards seems dumb and unfair.
You haven't supported a single claim or point of yours with anything but keep using extremely wordy ways of saying "No, that's not true" followed by "prove it". What are you? A 5 year old child? Wtf?

Wow you're being annoying. I wrote agree to disagree precognicent. The subject is dead to me, you're now trying to nitpick my explanation to the explanation about bias, I won't read your future posts on that. I'm going back on topic.

And how about I be honest, you're an extremely Politically biased nitpicker. I won't talk to you in this thread about that because this is not supposed to be a politics thread.

@firelight

Never waste your time talking to someone who uses fact checkers.

Now this is some dumb shit.

@Halo

Maybe because if this trend continues, it might eventually affect authors and their creative freedom. Which in turn will compromise the quality of our Free Mongolian Fresco.
But on the other hand, making a big deal out of this can attract more attention and just make things worse. I want to believe that Manga and Light Novels in Japan are safe, but it's not so much with anime, since western companies like Crunchyroll have a say.

You might be correct in this regard but this is still a fallacy. I can't give support through valid means due to this pandemic and I can assume that others might not have that luxury as well. Good meme though.

I get that it could effect other industries and shit but companies do have a right to regulate the content that they put on their platform. This is like a Youtube v Prager U thing, where a platform can choose or choose not to have certain content on their site/web-store/etc. It's an arguably better thing than the alternative. Happily, we know that this isn't a slippery slope, this shit rarely happens and doesn't effect most people as much as many like to think.

@crazybars

There is a possibility you won't respond anymore, so I want to get in the last word. You, in fact ,do need facts and sources when presenting a topic you are raising awareness: likewise with myself. I was using your sources as a baseline for my counterarguments, basically most of your sources you supplied didn't agree with the point you were making. For example, your diatribe that ANN put politics before news is incorrect because it was an opinion piece on shield bro in which you and I disagreed with but it was only one person that gave it the worse anime of 2019 what is a segment on what individual writers view and another review on the first fucking episode. It's not "double standards" to criticize one's sources. One isn't 5 years old just because they point out flaws in another's arguments.

Also, stop with this "politics" bullshit when you are the person that made it "political" to begin with. How isn't this topic of "More Amazon Anime and Manga bans" not political? That is some bullshit. You can't, for some reason, realize that this topic is political (like most things are) and trying to minimize a topic into a fucking proton is stupid as fuck. Why are you trying to take this vague sense of "politics" out of a clearly political issue?

I get it, someone is hounding you on the validity of your sources is like an grating professor nagging you to fix a problem with your paperwork. I understand but that doesn't and should make you be able to throw around fake news everywhere you please. If you can't handle this small amount of fact-checking no wonder you got to youtubers like ClownfishTV or websites like boundingintocomics as sources as they don't like to do that as well.

And how about I be honest, you're an extremely Politically biased nitpicker. I won't talk to you in this thread about that because this is not supposed to be a politics thread.

Bro😰😰STOP🤮, you're posting 😱😱👿CRINGE😱🤮😱!

I guess precognicent is illiterate and still can't read that I'm ignoring his comments. I blocked precognicent's comment, but I'm sure it's as petty and mature as a 5 year old's. What? Does it have some more "it's not true" or "prove it" statements in there like how you wasted my time precognicent? 🤣

Seriously , your double standards are amazing. Accusing me of political bias and hijacking the whole thread to try to digging through my personal politics and values like that determines my credibility, while requiring unbiased good sources from me is fine according to him.

But the minute I turn it back on precognicent, oh he doesn't need to prove the bullshit he's writing, it's all true, no evidence needed, and how dare I say he's politically biased, that's personal. Oh, it wasn't personal when you made it all about trying to determine my politics?

Yeah sure, for someone throwing all these accusations and shit out precognicent, you really can't take much of it without throwing a tantrum. Like a 5 year old.

😭🤣😂😂😂😅

Yeah I'm done talking about precognicent. Who was he again? Back to Amazon delistings etc.

Well I do agree to some extent with @precognicent here, yes it would be beneficial for both parties, for the people who are againts censorship to look it from their view, the people who don't know a lick of anime culture ( normies(?)). But in deference to people who are opposing the censorship they also need to take a look and scrutinize the whole situation with more attention to detail, like you know, not labeling all that is depicting under legal age character as child exploitation, like the issue with the removal of hatsune miku figurine. Both PARTIES have to work this out TOGETHER. The "media" also have to partake in this discussion as well. Because it'll totally wrong to keep one party "introspecting" themselves in respect to the other party when the other can just go off freely.

Group Leader
Amazon delisted items and pre-orders from:

Bakarina (Like wtf is offensive in this? Foreheads?)
No Game No Life
Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash
The Greatest Magicmaster’s Retirement Plan
I Shall Survive Using Potions
How Not to Summon a Demon Lord
Clockwork Planet. (Yeah.... this is literally a character story on a clockwork planet)

based and ethically pilled

@Kzh01

I tend to get angry at this part of the community, y'know the part that begs Anime to be respected as an art form then whines when people criticize Anime blatant sexualization of minors and other problems. That is just basic introspection of the media we consume. I hounded crazybars because I knew that people were going to raise a big deal over the fact Amazon pulled shit down for a good reason. Like I said before "Censorship" is a trigger word that makes people jump and mindlessly rally up a fierce mob to fight a slight perceived injustice. I can't take a person seriously if they react to me fact-checking them with "Never waste your time talking to someone who uses fact checkers", It's just so brainlessly obvious that people just want to get outraged for the cheap thrill of being apart of something bigger than themselves.

People will cry over something where there isn't anything to discuss, argue over or contemplate about. It's grating to see people falling for this obvious bait. Let crazybars be an example that you shouldn't trust people that showed themselves to be easily provoked bysuch reactionary media outlets like boundingintocomics or ClownFishTV. Also this is the same dude that posted this:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
-------------------------------For the curious, Note on biases
There's more material on Clownfish tv. They're kinda my go to guys on rumor news for Media entertainment censorship because they always have their sources on screen for you to double check and I myself don't find insane Anti-Wokening ranting by Tim Poole effective. You gotta say why it's bad, not chant a useless slogan usually used like an insult.

And yes most of these articles and vids lean towards conservatism because they're all against self censorship over political correctness so unfortunately the coverage is skewed by political affiliation. Plus I'm lazy, Bounding into Comics usually backs their claims with tweets, sources we can double check etc.

but acts like this:

I guess precognicent is illiterate and still can't read that I'm ignoring his comments. I blocked precognicent's comment, but I'm sure it's as petty and mature as a 5 year old's. What? Does it have some more "it's not true" or "prove it" statements in there like how you wasted my time precognicent? 🤣

Seriously , your double standards are amazing. Accusing me of political bias and hijacking the whole thread to try to digging through my personal politics and values like that determines my credibility, while requiring unbiased good sources from me is fine according to him.

But the minute I turn it back on precognicent, oh he doesn't need to prove the bullshit he's writing, it's all true, no evidence needed, and how dare I say he's politically biased, that's personal. Oh, it wasn't personal when you made it all about trying to determine my politics?

Yeah sure, for someone throwing all these accusations and shit out precognicent, you really can't take much of it without throwing a tantrum. Like a 5 year old.

😭🤣😂😂😂😅

Yeah I'm done talking about precognicent. Who was he again? Back to Amazon delistings etc.

When I bring basic reputable journalistic practices to the table.

@indi_n0rd

based and ethically pilled

TRUW

Group Leader
@precognicent There is no censorship here. Just private businesses making sure to keep their website PR friendly. And I see someone mentioning "1st amendment" in previous comments. If only the founding fathers of US had mentioned Amazon and the internet in their declaration lmfao. And then the casual triple parentheses comments. This thread was trainwreck the moment OP started it.

@indi_n0rd

At least you saw the warning signals, I rushed in without precaution lmfao. Also, I know there isn't any censorship and it was just Amazon using their rights as a platform (content aggregator). I recall mentioning the same thing in an earlier response to crazybars:

Who does this effect exactly? Wow, some LNs and manga have been taken off Kindle Bookstores but there are still various other firms (like this site we are on) that can fill that void. That's capitalism, baby! If you don't like what Amazon is doing then just go to another distributor.

I'll also like to pull up what Pantsman and carbotaniuman said:

I remember Amazon having these kind of purges regularly as far back as 2012. Steam does it all the time as well with their garbage attempts at having a VN section. Same old schizophrenic puritanism that on one hand wants to cash in on all that sweet localization money, on the other is paranoid about its "PR image", running afoul of decency laws or whatever.

Normally I'd say this is a great opportunity for alternative, smaller distributor services to gain much-needed traction, but it's been proven time and again how difficult it is to compete with what those services can get away with price, exposure and convenience-wise. Especially when piracy already sets a pretty high bar for how much effort people are willing to put in to pay for physicals and official copies. I don't think it'd be a stretch 'till we start seeing companies actually starting to cater to those standards; that mainstream market appeal is starting to become too good an opportunity to have to constantly fight to put products back on shelves over.

It'd be like the Comics Code Authority days in the States: "it's not censorship, just a self-imposed limiting of distribution lol. Retail has no effect on the actual creative content being made!

The 1st amendment in America only applies to the government. Censorship is a thing yes, but private corporations have a right to censor and restrict what "speech" (in all forms) occurs on their platform, ala PragerU v. YouTube.

@Kzh01, he's right though.

No its not legal, when you have a certain policy that could be chaged at any point and time to include anything and everything that could be meant, especially when you sign a specific contract .and a company on very general and broad terms delists your product for (((""policy infingment""))) ,without any specifics, that is breach of contract and very dirty and dishonest legal practice.
- theo1996

@indi_n0rd

That's right, Amazon decided to delist and censor themselves for PR. Is that the right term. . . idk? For Japan though, when their biggest bookseller's branch of Amazon starts delisting their products in USA over what the Japenese see as foreign values, I don't think their Anime Manga Industry complex will care about detail.

But at this point, I'm gonna wait for more news on what the Anime Manga lobbyists in Japan respond with in the Japanese diet. Maybe months later.

@Kzh01

precognicent doesn't listen to other people. You'll see what I mean.

i was thinking, mangadex already have a good platform to artists, we just need original work here, exclusive content, make it appear legal, you know, before this shit get mangadex

Fim

Western culture really loves its "children are asexual and have no sex appeal" fairy tale, and some people get really upset when something appears that could challenge that dearly held belief .
People of all ages are exploited all over the world, all the time, in various ways, that's just business. But a drawn loli with not enough clothing on a front page? That doesn't fly, let's start burning books again, better safe than sorry, right?

I recognise that many people who look at this part of japanese culture find it more or less inappropriate, somewhat disgusting, or just disapprove. They all have the right not to buy anything they don't like.
It's when they decide what other people should or should not buy, have access to, or produce that a line needs to be drawn - people need to be reminded that they have no authority (or at least not rightfully) over what other people do, especially as long as they stay within the law of their own respective countries.

While Amazon is no country, it's because of their quasi-monopoly that they can do something like this. In a truly free market with competition, amazon would simple lose some business to that competition if they decided not to sell something. It's because they can do whatever they want that actions like these are viewed as "censorship", as their delistings will affect total sales, which will affect total earnings of the orginial rights holder, which in the long run will affect what kind of things artists get to draw, if they want to continue working there.

I really don't care if anyone thinks "censorship" is the wrong word, but a big company is trying to limit access to content from one country for the rest of the western world, and because of the huge market share that company controls, it is somewhat successful I assume. That should be regarded as a problem, no matter if you personally approve of that content or not.

Double-page supporter
This is why I’m fucking moving to Singapore after I grow up all the freedom of America with out the bullshit and discriminatory culture

Users who are viewing this thread