Moto Ansatsusha, Tensei Shite Kizoku no Reijou ni Narimashita - Ch. 15.1

Dex-chan lover
The thing is that most Isekai are not meant to be literature, or even an interesting story: they're consumer products, made for the stereotypical japanese otaku (existing or no) to buy, self-insert into the base wish-fulfilment they offer and forget their crappy lives for a moment and forget some time later. And because of that, they're mass-produced by lackluster authors and mass-consumed by those which their particular tastes/experiences/traumas align with the work because of supply and demand.

Just about any genre is going to be like that given enough time.

There'll be some that kickstart the popularity train, followed by a bunch of copycats that's shallower, copying the looks and general feels while missing the deeper meat that made the popular series actually so.

But if you only see everything as shallow water, you'll glance pass the deep ones that's actually good so eh.

Fed-Kun's army
huh.. wait, isn't Her father a duke.? pretty sure duke is higher that marquess..

Dex-chan lover
Serena smile made my melt, royal bitch concubine is going to self destruct, Serena mother facing her daughter and commoner sister is traumatized after * checks notes * realizing nobel society is no game for people of her low status

Dex-chan lover
Oof, I thought the concubine, mother of the second prince, might at least be more politically savvy than her son, but really she's exactly like him; she is an out of her depth fool with a short temper. She should have been trying to appease Serena in order to minimise the sentence on her son but she's just demanding it and picking a fight when it is refused? Did she forget the reason she pushed for a political marriage with the Violet family? Her son is about to be sentenced and any hopes of accessing the throne gone for him, which means that the political power her family is drawing from having a claim to the throne is weaker and she wants to make enemies now?
From Serena's thought that the Heinz family is drowning in debt, it appears that they are also fools and they will likely attempt to do as the concubine wishes. However, doing so means that they would likely pool their political resources and use the power of the families backing the second prince. This is basically pushing the duke of Violet to join the first prince - he's already pissed enough with the engagement getting made, then annulled with physical violence against his daughter and adopted daughter so any further insults might actually generate serious reprisal... There also have got to be some families supporting the second prince opportunistically and who will find a request to go against a neutral family, while the second prince is about to be judged, to be the right moment to retract their support.
I thought the train wreck that was the second prince in the previous chapter couldn't get worse, but his mother is coming in clutch to double down and completely self-destruct. The only thing that might save her is if the Duke of Violet doesn't retaliate properly (and we've known him to be quite poor at handling his own house's internal affairs so it's not impossible.)
I'm definitely curious to see how this will progress.

Fed-Kun's army
so the mc just forgives years of emotional neglect and her own mother's attempt to replace her with another random girl, all because her mother gave her one hug?

Dex-chan lover
If she try to hire some assassin to murder her whole family but end up hired MC Guild instead.
~~That would be hilarious~~

sdbmbysnp5Bmtn740kjw-o.jpg
Actually…

In the novel the Stupid Royal Concubine does hire assassins. But they are so weak compared to Serena that Serena just casually sneaks back into the Stupid Royal Concubine’s room at night and drops off the decapitated heads of the assassins while the stupid royal concubine is sleeping. I forget if it was just one or several assassins or was it several attempts that all fail.

Dex-chan lover
No, TL-san, it is absolutely the cause of the Japanese birthrate decline. Same in South Korea. It's a parallel problem to the US birthrate decline, which is due to businesses refusing to pay the average worker what they're actually worth, making it impossible for anyone to afford to start an effing family.

Ahem. I'll stop here.

Dex-chan lover
Should've just made ketchup, Heinz.

udi0pBC.png

Hey, I can see my house.
What is this, take everything south of Mediterranean and flip it the world?
Where is Antarctica? Why does everyone always forget the best continent?
Antarctica is smart enough to stay the fuck away from this mess.

Dex-chan lover
Just about any genre is going to be like that given enough time.

There'll be some that kickstart the popularity train, followed by a bunch of copycats that's shallower, copying the looks and general feels while missing the deeper meat that made the popular series actually so.

But if you only see everything as shallow water, you'll glance pass the deep ones that's actually good so eh.
Oh, no. I know there are good isekais out there, and follow several of them; that's why I said "most isekais" and not all of them.

I agree with you on the popularity train, but I think this is slightly different. In those other cases, at least the authors would try to do something worthwhile, sometimes they will try too hard. But this isn't like that. It's like they just go for the basest self-fulfillment power fantasy because they know it brings the clicks and munies and fill the story with a veritable checklist of clichés, quality be damned. And the readers fall for it hook, line and sinker because... Hell if I know.:facepalm:

I mean, sure: have your unmatched power fantasy if you want. But al least make it interesting and with decent quality (like Overlord).

Also, as a TTRPG/TTWG player, the over-usage of VRPG mechanics in-universe makes me cringe and facepalm continuously. But that's just me.:boomer:

Dex-chan lover
Oh, no. I know there are good isekais out there, and follow several of them; that's why I said "most isekais" and not all of them.

I agree with you on the popularity train, but I think this is slightly different. In those other cases, at least the authors would try to do something worthwhile, sometimes they will try too hard. But this isn't like that. It's like they just go for the basest self-fulfillment power fantasy because they know it brings the clicks and munies and fill the story with a veritable checklist of clichés, quality be damned. And the readers fall for it hook, line and sinker because... Hell if I know.:facepalm:

I mean, sure: have your unmatched power fantasy if you want. But al least make it interesting and with decent quality (like Overlord).

You just have to learn to ignore/drop the really bad ones and wait for something good to pop up from either people who do try or someone who innovate the formula.
i.e. ignore Suicide Squad: Killed $200M and try to keep open eyes for things like Balatro

The ones in the middle? Just turn brain off and enjoy it until it stops being enjoyable. Just treat it like McDonald fries - you just expect mediocrity and no more.
After all to quote out of context a certain baldy "there's no way to tell, that's why I stay in the game. To see where it's all going"

Dex-chan lover
You just have to learn to ignore/drop the really bad ones and wait for something good to pop up from either people who do try or someone who innovate the formula.
I have a trick for that: if the title is so long it doubles as the sypnosis, big red flag. But even so, the saturation gets to you.

One in particular struck a cord tho': it was your typical unmatched isekai garbage, but had a TTRPGs munchkin (the kind of player, not the card game) and proud of it in an heroic MC role. A fucking munchkin. Shows how much they actually know about them (or they know, but it's fanservice aimed at them because deservedly nobody wants them in their gaming group). I suffered one before and are worse than a fucking plague.
i.e. ignore Suicide Squad: Killed $200M and try to keep open eyes for things like Balatro
I actually found one pretty enjoyable if you like to chill out: Immortal Life. Think Story of Seasons but add several layers of Xianxia. Surprisingly fun.
The ones in the middle? Just turn brain off and enjoy it until it stops being enjoyable. Just treat it like McDonald fries - you just expect mediocrity and no more.
After all to quote out of context a certain baldy "there's no way to tell, that's why I stay in the game. To see where it's all going"
I usually do so and dropped many over the years. A pity, really. Sometimes it's difficult to measure the quality, though.

Dex-chan lover
And now the storyline is the same as the WN vers. While there are some things that changed, I do hope the story is expanded further from WN
Since there is an LN version, that's practically a given. The publishers don't let the author just republish the WN. They want added content so there's more than just pictures to attract the LN buyers.

Dex-chan lover
There are LN that got published almost as it is from the WN version, only with a bit touching up and editorial pass to reduce the typos.
so the mc just forgives years of emotional neglect and her own mother's attempt to replace her with another random girl, all because her mother gave her one hug?
Serena never had any problem with being neglected by her parents. In fact she prefer it that way because with less interaction, there’s less risk of having her cover blown.
The problem she had is when they do stupid thing that endanger the family, and in extension, herself.
Like, her mother’s being too much of a nice person made the maids grew complacent and lack respect.

What she had in this episode is not forgiving her mother, but she starts feeling another emotion.
And she confirmed her mother actually care about her, after years assuming otherwise.

Oof, I thought the concubine, mother of the second prince, might at least be more politically savvy than her son, but really she's exactly like him; she is an out of her depth fool with a short temper.
It would depend on how they have been handling things so far. They might have only been dealing with like-minded people, or those who they can just sweep away.
So there’s mix of over-confidence, arrogance, and lack of in-depth investigation before starting because previously they can just use threat.

huh.. wait, isn't Her father a duke.? pretty sure duke is higher that marquess..
She’s married to the King. There’s that kind of perceived power.
That usually means her family got a private channel to the King, and she got insider knowledges.
In the other hand, the Violets have no friend in the noble society. Even the Jordan (Scaranet’s family, earl) got more lobbying power.
But of course, just having power is not enough. You need to know how to wield it.

In the novel version,
The Heinz try to order the merchants to embargo the Violets. They refuse though, and instead avoids the Heinz territory. There are also merchants who holds those debts and they are asking payment.
After the harassment not working, she decide to go for the assassination route, but they’re sent back to their client. Their head, at least.
So as last ditch, she attempted an assassination on Evan. If that happens, Einrich would become the only option left as crown prince, thus sealing her family’s future position.

At least Einrich’s treatment is better than to other prince in this author’s work, where the King who had enough, throw an engagement party just so his son will screw up and get disowned in public.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Ladies and gentlemen, get your popcorn ready. We have just entered the "fuck around" phase.

Dex-chan lover
Serenas mom is still a bad mother, one hug doesnt change years of emotional neglect, that’s just for her own self satisfaction. But whatever, if Serena doesn’t care and wants to patch things up who am I to argue with the character.
Amaryllis was never given the option to be a mom to 19956/Serena and the majority of interaction she has had with her natural daughter has been with the best friend, not Serena. reminder that Serena took literally every opportunity once Rosemary was adopted to do physical training or political assassinations.

what we learn here is that the mom does care

Users who are viewing this thread