Moto Ansatsusha, Tensei Shite Kizoku no Reijou ni Narimashita - Vol. 2 Ch. 11.1

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I'm starting to feel a bit bad for the mother in a way. How she alienated her daughter isn't good but... it must be scary or at least saddening to feel that your child has never smiled and shows some... sort of psychotic behaviors.
imo there‘s a gaping chasm between a very understandable ‘I don’t know how to parent my daughter’s abnormal behavior but I’ll give her love anyways‘ approach (there’s no one-size-fits all playbook for child raising after all) and ‘I think my daughter is too freaky so I’ll ignore her out of fear and THEN REPLACE HER WITH A MORE LIKABLE DAUGHTER I FOUND OFF THE STREET’ approach

Amaryllis the type of person to get buy a puppy when it’s cute then abandon it at the pound when it grows a little and becomes too much trouble to take care of

Dex-chan lover
Rosemary just keeps digging her own grave. Honestly the mother I can understand her being worried about Serenas behavior but she has never really tried to get along with her. One incident happens and she instantly questions if she's her daughter and she gave birth to her. Wdf is wrong with this lady. Just talk to your real daughter and you'll learn why she's like that. Serena may be cold but she's honest to a point.

Dex-chan lover
God I want Rosemary's comeuppance to come soon. She's triggered so many red flags that she's practically a referee at this point. I'm almost at the point where I'd feel sorry for her. With that said, best girl's bosom is growing every chapter. Girl can use her knockers for assassination now.

Dex-chan lover
So the mother 'mother intuition' is pretty spot on and it made her stay away from her daughter. I think the only way to break the ice is to have a honest talk (basically the mother forced her daughter to talk honestly), but she delay to do it because she dont have enough strength to handle the truth I think.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah you tell her Evan! Go Evan! Go!

Also, yeah I guess now I can understand where her mother coming from.
On one side she just want to raise and see Serena grow, but as it turns out the child already fully matured before she could even know and do anything to make that happen, which in turns now she practically got an alien who is supposed to be her child.
On the other side, she met and got Rosemary who is a brat, but that also mean she got that child behaviour which the mother presumably long for and the closest thing she can feel on whats it like to have a child which she never get from Serena her actual child.

It's sad really.

Contributor
If she was so concerned by Serena why didn't she just birth another child or four instead of adopting some urchin?

Dex-chan lover
Everyone shitting on the mother, re-read from chapter 1 please. Serena gave up on her mother first after hearing her mother voice her concerns to her father. And the mother did in fact try to talk to her soon after but by that point Serena was already back to being an active assassin and the mother was dealing with a literal doppleganger instead of Serena. Her father met the same treatment while trying to reconnect with Serena before he had to leave for work again.

There was never a relationship between Serena and her parents and Serena deliberately engineered it to be that way. Any concern Serena shows for her "family" is only as deep as it applies to her own safety (see immediate attempt to abandon them when Rosemary and 2nd prince were engaged). Hard to fault the mother for wanting something resembling a normal daughter when her biological child is basically a psychotic changeling.

Dex-chan lover
I feel a touch of sadness for the mother, since she legit doesn't know better, but at the same time, a kid won't always turn out as you imagine they will.
From an outside perspective, Serena just has an austere expression with a pragmatist attitude, even if she can be a little brutal, that would be quite useful for a young noblewoman, being able to control themselves and keep a leveled mind in a crisis. If anything, Serena seems to have taken more after her father who is rarely seen than her mother.

Also, I would just like to state that the ice-cold reaction by the prince when trashRosemarry tried to cuddle up to him.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone shitting on the mother, re-read from chapter 1 please. Serena gave up on her mother first after hearing her mother voice her concerns to her father.
And there's too much of the usual outsiders-who-know-better attitude telling Amaryllis about good parenting, and without considering setting or the era.

Alto and Amaryllis is a rare case where their marriage also has love in it.
Typically, nobles' marriage is based on political dealings and obligations. So their job ends at producing heir. After that, both can start having affairs as long as it didn’t disturb their house, while they leave raising the child to servants and tutor.
If Amaryllis was born and raised in that kind of typical house, then her knowledge about family would have only been from idealised stories rather than her own parents. Even then, she still try to talk to her daughter.

A thing of concern is, the part when her father came back home, the manga made Serena feels something warm about him. While originally, she's contemplating the possibility of having to kill her father if he got too close to finding out her secret. That's the extent of her clinging to her past way of life.
Luckily, her father know she is smart, and he consider her independent personality as her gift, so he pretend to not notice about her working for assassins guild (yes, he knows).

Dex-chan lover
Everyone shitting on the mother, re-read from chapter 1 please. Serena gave up on her mother first after hearing her mother voice her concerns to her father. And the mother did in fact try to talk to her soon after but by that point Serena was already back to being an active assassin and the mother was dealing with a literal doppleganger instead of Serena. Her father met the same treatment while trying to reconnect with Serena before he had to leave for work again.

There was never a relationship between Serena and her parents and Serena deliberately engineered it to be that way. Any concern Serena shows for her "family" is only as deep as it applies to her own safety (see immediate attempt to abandon them when Rosemary and 2nd prince were engaged). Hard to fault the mother for wanting something resembling a normal daughter when her biological child is basically a psychotic changeling.
Serena may be have an adult’s mindset from birth but a parent’s job is to raise their child as best they can regardless of their nature

Even if she popped out full grown fairy from a another race they should be parenting like Michael Jordan dunks a basketball

Dex-chan lover
Its good the mother kind of feels concern rather than being outright repulsed, but of course she still needs to step up her game crying wont get her anywhere.

And this adopted filthy commoner, the gall on this peasant.

Dex-chan lover
Yo mother, even the busy father's few exchange with Serena already thawed her cold heart a little by simply do what a parent normally do. How about you learn from that?

This woman also said back then "with Rosemary is easy, all you need is to spoil her blablabla" all you want is probably something like a pet, spoiling kid isn't the only what a parent must do.

Dex-chan lover
She alienated her daughter when her daughter saved her life...and then pushed her more further away when she adopted a commoner who fit her ideal daughter more, also how is she a noble but acts like a commoner her self.

The only ones acting like nobility is the MC and her dad and I can't be mad at the dad since he is handling business with his company and royalty, yet the mom is so incompetent in keeping one girl in line that it legit could bring down the household she married into...who raised her is my question now?!?!

Dex-chan lover
And it was implied she's regretting having serena from her inner monologue.
This happen to quite a lot of mother, and they are not always bad. When a mother is heavily depressed these things will happen.
The mother is not the main issue, MC always acted like a stranger toward her mother and the father is a nonexistant fucker who dont give any fuck about his family.

In a normal the father would have told his wife that she should not treat one kid better than the other, and he would've told his daughter to treat her mother better.
They would also have put the younger kid in her place after she tried to push everyone to hate MC.

The entire family is fucked, and MC is also at fault for never even trying to get close to her parent from the start she never cared about her parent at all. And when you have a 2 year old that can read and literaly ignore her mother you cant blame her mother if she dont know what to do.

Dex-chan lover
I get the mother really isn't perfect here, but Serena has literally never tried to be sincere or genuine to her. Even in chapter 1 when she stabs a dog at like 5 years old she gives the "best" answer to her mother rather than being genuine as she doesn't think it's worth the effort. She mainly sees her family as a "cover", or just something she has to "deal with". When Amaryllis questions whether Serena is her daughter, she isn't even wrong considering how much of her old life Serena remembers and clings to. Serena is literally a murderer who feels little to no remorse when taking a life, it's no surprise Amaryllis finds her creepy and would seek refuge in having a "normal" child.

Users who are viewing this thread