Moto Ansatsusha, Tensei Shite Kizoku no Reijou ni Narimashita - Vol. 2 Ch. 11.1

Everyone shitting on the mother, re-read from chapter 1 please. Serena gave up on her mother first after hearing her mother voice her concerns to her father. And the mother did in fact try to talk to her soon after but by that point Serena was already back to being an active assassin and the mother was dealing with a literal doppleganger instead of Serena. Her father met the same treatment while trying to reconnect with Serena before he had to leave for work again.

There was never a relationship between Serena and her parents and Serena deliberately engineered it to be that way. Any concern Serena shows for her "family" is only as deep as it applies to her own safety (see immediate attempt to abandon them when Rosemary and 2nd prince were engaged). Hard to fault the mother for wanting something resembling a normal daughter when her biological child is basically a psychotic changeling.
To be fair to Serena for attempting to abandon them, the mom and sister stepped in a huge issue that might end up with a contract on all their heads. Which she knows, because she deals with that kind of thing. It still shows a massive lack of loyalty, but the prince heads that off.

People are a bit too used to isekai/reincarnation parents being absolute units who just accept the weirdos that they end up with.

Aggregator gang
Honestly, I'm starting to feel a bit bad for the mother in a way. How she alienated her daughter isn't good but... it must be scary or at least saddening to feel that your child has never smiled and shows some... sort of psychotic behaviors.

On the other hand... Rosemary just continues to dig her own grave despite being advised otherwise time and time again. She really needs to learn to stop being so full of herself because she's very quickly gaining villainess status without anything to back it up
If anything she's allowing her perception of a normal child's behavior shape how she treats her. Psychopathy is the farthest from how she's behaving.
Primarily she's not a risk taker/thrill seeker, and she's not narcissistic.
The emotional detachment is just PTSD from being a homeless child then being used as a child assassin.
If her mom actually tried to get to know her and connect with her on HER level, she'd get farther. Instead she insisted on bringing another child into the home and gave THAT child all the affection and love she should've given to her actual child.
Not only that she's chosen that child in every dispute between them, with very little consideration of the facts.
Overall she's a shit mom. Granted, it's a strange position she's in.. But she's still a poor parent.

Aggregator gang
Everyone shitting on the mother, re-read from chapter 1 please. Serena gave up on her mother first after hearing her mother voice her concerns to her father. And the mother did in fact try to talk to her soon after but by that point Serena was already back to being an active assassin and the mother was dealing with a literal doppleganger instead of Serena. Her father met the same treatment while trying to reconnect with Serena before he had to leave for work again.

There was never a relationship between Serena and her parents and Serena deliberately engineered it to be that way. Any concern Serena shows for her "family" is only as deep as it applies to her own safety (see immediate attempt to abandon them when Rosemary and 2nd prince were engaged). Hard to fault the mother for wanting something resembling a normal daughter when her biological child is basically a psychotic changeling.
Too bad. That's part of being a functioning capable parent.
Kids suck. Deal with it.
Plus MOM doesn't know any of this. YOU do, so who cares if the child engineered it this way?
I guess when my kids fail to meet expectation and live up to standards I'll just adopt an ungrateful street urchin and treat her better, AND pick her side in every conflict between the two.
There's a reason that the plot involves two HALF BROTHER Princes involved in a quiet factional dispute about who's to be the next King.

Dex-chan lover
She still should't alienate her. If you've read the previous chapters you'll know she treats the Serena as almost non-existent when Rosemary was adopted.

Like at least try to understand why your kid is like that
I mean, eh...

most parents when dealing with a kid far outside the norm will start to suffer mental problems, especially the one who is around them most of the time and even more so when the parent is as isolated as the mother is according to the story.

mom pretty much started to debate how much she can actually parent her kid based on her kid's early years and it's not like our MC is...helpful to get over it, mom is still a mom and can see through her daughter's fakeness that she acquired from her previous life and to top it all off, no mother looks at their kid gut a dog as ruthlessly as her daughter did and does not go "what have I done to make this child like that" further sending her on a spiral of blame, doubt, and suspicion of what her daughter could be

Not to mention the father seems to have no real place in the home considering uplifting a commoner to their daughter was entirely on the mom and got...very little objective pushback while at the same time he is locked into his position in the court leaving his wife to have that even more isolated mentality of "all I have is this home and I cant even understand my own kid!" breakdown

overall if MC was not a day one memory reincarnator they'd actually be an ok family, bit distant but it's to be expected with an anti-social mother, an out of life father...and our MC having a more strenuous relationship with her past life and how cold/ calculating she could be in her skillset causing some conflict, but not nearly as much of a brick to the face as her current situation is

Dex-chan lover
I actually don't see this getting any worse. I think eventually mother will reconcile with Serena as long as the mother didn't get pulled into Rosemary's antics.
Rosemary is more into tougher position as she has sunk so deep into the political pool. She will be exiled at the end.

Dex-chan lover
When the mother first thought “has she ever genuinely smiled?!?” My first thought was “I don’t know but have you ever genuinely loved her?”
I had nearly the same thought. Mine was, "Do you ever smile at her? Not that smile you had when Rosemary came up, but at your daughter?"

Dex-chan lover
As father myself i can understand her mom worry, especially when your own blood daughter acting so different than normal kid, but holy shit i want to punch her sister lol
I'm just an uncle and I could totally related to that, my sister 4-5 years old kid is a total brat,
she lies and blame other to her mother when she does something bad.
She is extremely needy and selfish and will not listen to any reason, she will go into rage mode when someone trying to teach her and keep shout "I HATE YOU" "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE"
She is even said several extremely concerning stuff in hateful face, even to her mother.

We're very worry our own family isn't a normal kid we keep seeing elsewhere.

Dex-chan lover
Her mom sucks ass. You don't love your children because they are happy, you love them to make them happy. No empathy from me

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I do see where a lot of you are coming from regarding the mother. She isn't doing a very good job of raising either of her daughters in drastically different ways. But I still can't push all of the blame on her without seeing more of the situation from her point of view, which we never get to see.

So, what have we seen from Serena's POV?

We don't get much about the first 5ish years of Serena's life, aside from that she was "surrounded by her parents and the servants and lived a life of luxury, wanting for nothing" and that she regularly had tea parties with her mother. (Chapter 1, pg 10-11)

Then her mother, understandably, freaks out when 5-6 year old Serena stabs an aggressive dog with intent to kill (Serena's own words) and had to be prompted to fake an emotional reaction of some kind afterward. Her mother saw that Serena didn't feel any remorse and tried to explain to her why that isn't the right response. Once Serena faked being scared, her mother hugged her with a smile and tried to comfort her. Parent sees child do something wrong, parent explains what was wrong and tries to correct said behavior, parent hugs and comforts child. Seems like a pretty good parent so far.

Orphan child shows up looking for her dog, mother takes responsibility for her child's actions and adopts said orphan and dog. Demonstrating kindness and concern for those "beneath" you seems like pretty good parental guidance at that point, as we don't know how awful Rosemary is yet. What does Serena take from that? That her mother is gullible, lives in a dreamland. Serena treats her mother like she is the child.

Fast forward 6 years, during which Serena actively pushes her mother into focusing on Rosemary so she can train her murder skills back up and avoid having to deal with normal people. We don't know what her mother tried to do to connect with Serena because Serena doesn't consider it important or worth thinking about. We do know however, that she tried for those six years and only gave up after Serena throws Rosemary face first into mud(for the first time). (Chapter 3.1, pg 3)

So, is Amaryllis a good mother? Not really. Is she an awful mother? I don't think so. I think she did the best she could trying in vain to raise a child that was a jaded, emotionally dead adult from the day she was born. I think if Serena had tried to open up, tried to connect with her mother in any sincere way they'd have a much happier life.

tldr, Amaryllis isn't mother of the year but barring seeing more from her point of view I can't hate her or be angry with her. Just sad for her and Serena both.

Dex-chan lover
I almost feel sorry for the mother, almost. But then you think of the blatant favourtism towards the younger sister and the complete disregard for any advice regarding said sister.
Dug your own grave there, just like the sister lmao
remember it's not actually her sister per-se.
she's just some random commoner who somehow got adopted.
idk wtf is the author thinking at this point.

Double-page supporter
I don’t think she asked for her child to be a reincarnated sociopathic former assassin, not sure that flies here

MC was always going to turn out at least moderately psychopathic due to her past life
MC is as close to a changeling you can get without being supernaturally evil. I think ascendance of a bookworm does the mother knowing her real child is dead much better.

Dex-chan lover
remember it's not actually her sister per-se.
she's just some random commoner who somehow got adopted.
idk wtf is the author thinking at this point.

The author is probably just trying to showcase how crappy the mother is at actually understanding people around her and how the sister is absolutely drunk on her perceived power and influence, despite having nothing to actually show for it. Unlike MC, of course

Dex-chan lover
after all these years.. her mother is still retarded af.. it's your fucking fault in the end of the day dumbass.. :huh:

Dex-chan lover
"We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas."
considering the setting, the mom knows Ettiquette, Algebra and maybe some geometry and trigonometry, amateur composition and rhetoric, and basic law accounting for less then a National 101 history course, along with Dance, 1 or more musical instruments, and some variety of handcraft such as sewing and embroidery

She knows the one time shes ever met 19956 and not just the complex mask that is Serena Violet was 10 years prior because a dog was rampaging through their yard. She just doesnt want to go into her daughter's room at night, sit down, and ask her daughter who she is.

so even if Amaryllis knows she has one option that might score her answers, shes terrified of any possible answer she would get from it. we know what Serena would actually do is apologize for not being a daughter that Amaryllis can love.

I find Serena's dress design "interesting." I read her character as someone who preferred to blend in to the surrounding.
the dress, while striking, is specifically designed to be "generally" able to blend into civilian, party, and formal crowds, while the gloves and leg ribbon are places to mount or conceal weapons. Its a statement that the wearer is unapproachable to those uninformed and a statement of danger to those looking at her for kidnapping and assassination.

it worked better when she was mounting B/C cups and not J-cups, especially with her coworker/bodydouble who is still mounting B-cups.
This happen to quite a lot of mother, and they are not always bad. When a mother is heavily depressed these things will happen.
The mother is not the main issue, MC always acted like a stranger toward her mother and the father is a nonexistant fucker who dont give any fuck about his family.
Alto cares hes just so busy that hes never home for long stretches of times. and if he is home, Serena isnt because that means Serena's targets are now predictable.

so not only is Serena intentionally distancing herself from her mom, when her dad is home and trying to associate with her, hes talking to her changeling best friend.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation (a lot of the comments here were interesting to go through).

Contributor
Amaryllis mostly has her cowardice and naivety to blame for not trying to connect better with her daughter. She gave up pretty early the moment she decided to adopt a stranger to be her ideal daughter; as Serena's parent it was her job to raise Serena properly, a job she ran away from for many years because she was a spoiled coward of a woman.

Maybe Serena would've grown up knowing better what love is if she didn't shirk her responsibility as parent especially when her husband also couldn't be there to fill that void. It's not like Serena is anti-love or actively misanthropic. She has problems recognizing the value of human life but she also doesn't enjoy the act of killing. IIRC she was an orphan in her past life, and with a (usually) physically absent father and an emotionally absent mother she might as well have been an orphan again, except with money and (begrudging) servants this time.

So Rosemary got herself an army of eyeless simps rather than the expected lackey girls. She's probably following the otome game heroine stereotype with her own reverse harem, rather than the villainess stereotype with a club of social climber fangirls.

I know Evan hasn't exactly been winning points with the readers for always trying to get chummy with Serena (although he's holding back a lot compared to Einrich) but I really like it when he gives Rosemary her much needed rebukes. The nasty stepsis is the one thing Tigur can't deal with for Serena but Evan can, so here's a niche he can have for himself.

Users who are viewing this thread