Multiverse no Watashi, Koishite Ii desu ka? - Ch. 1 - Two of Myself

Dex-chan lover
Ngl I like how the oneshot did it, wouldve been better just to use that as chapter 1 and go from there
Ther serialization has to tease it out. How is a rom com meant to survive without constant teen angst and misunderstandings and long drawn out plot points?

Okay real talk, why does "I traversed the multiverse and crossed realities" = "I wear a hoodie now"? Like it's not all the time but it's pretty noticeablely frequent.
It's an easy way to hide your face so people who know the you from that other universe won't recognize you.

Dex-chan lover
Okay real talk, why does "I traversed the multiverse and crossed realities" = "I wear a hoodie now"? Like it's not all the time but it's pretty noticeablely frequent.

Beyond that, not much to say. Standard setup, let's see where it goes. It does kinda funnily remind me of one of Black Canary's intro dialogues against herself in Injustice 2. "We can't both go home to Ollie" and "Ollie couldn't handle two of us" ; "He'd like to think he can." 😂
She also has got a somewhat different personality. Though if that's her acting different on purpose or not is hard to say.

Dex-chan lover
WTF, NO NO NO NO NO.
WHY!?

The oneshot scenario was so good, there wasn't this weird power or choice yet, and he interacted with them naturally.
Like he follows her and meets up and the other one meets accidentally.

Tf is this I'm your girlfriend bs and choice 😭😭 Plus I get one where the other one disappears but what's with the "dies". That shouldn't be possible even if he goes with the multiverse one since he saves og one himself, not by using a higher power or altering fate.
It would still makes sense if him choosing the other one causes him to die in this world and go to the other but not this????

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
IDK this felt a lot more clumsy than the oneshot. Not a huge fan.

Author really should've waited a bit more before playing their hand.

Supporter
IDK this felt a lot more clumsy than the oneshot. Not a huge fan.

Author really should've waited a bit more before playing their hand.
This really did just feel clumsy, just execution wise. Even the scene of the saving itself just seemed... sloppy. The exposition is also clumsy and lazily done, like this is a seriously lazy first chapter

Oneshot definitely felt more refined/polished, I don't have very high hopes for this manga if the quality of this chapter is going to be indicative of every chapter. Probably one of the worst oneshot -> serialization ch. 1 transitions I've ever seen in all honesty

Fed-Kun's army
kinda sad they retconned the ending of the oneshot, them randomly seeing each other at the vending machine was hilarious, and I really wanted to see how that panned out, but I'm interested to see where this goes

Dex-chan lover
Even though it was good, I preferred how the oneshot executed it compared to this chapter. Compared to the oneshot, it feels a bit weird for her to save Jogo and then say "I'm your girlfriend" later on when she just met this Jogo. Still excited to see when Miyato meets her alt self.
I feel like these kind of revelations need a build up. Like that one manga about how the MCs childhood friend has the power to destroy the world of her emotions go haywire, they never outright said anything related to her or the 2nd girl that showed up til at the very least 20 chapters later

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly, I prefer how they did it in the oneshot. It just seems a bit...strange? That even though this is the serialization and the previous one is the oneshot, this one seems rushed compared to the oneshot. I prefer him not confessing right after both of them almost died and suddenly running away. I like the one from the oneshot where we can see him struggling to say it and her not seemingly nonchalantly suggesting them going out and suggesting they get to know each other better as friends first. Not to mention how...little her reaction to his confession is compared to the oneshot, I mean sure, at the time she was most likely in shock from you know...almost dying(which is why he really shouldn't have said it then) but even when she came to his home she just goes, "You like me? Then, wanna go out?". Feels like considering all the things that happen today, I really think she should've taken some time to mull it over first.

Feels like there was a lot more emotions involved in the oneshot compared to the mostly abrupt development of this one

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread