Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~ - Ch. 97 - Turning Point III

Unlike the two previous Turning Points which Rudeus had no control over (Teleportation incident + Orsted Donut), this one seems to be entirely about his own choice about whether to stay or go. And unlike those previous two where Hitogami visited after the turning points occur, he visits Rudeus before this time around. And thankfully this time around doesn't immediately lead to blood getting spilled (Unless Rudeus decides a goat sacrifice should determine whether he goes).
Turning Point III, just what in store do you have for us...

Unless there's a miscarriage, Rudeus will soon have his own family. That's his number one priority. Parents are responsible for their children far more than children are responsible for their parents. That's the direction life flows. In fact Rudeus is currently responsible for his underage siblings as well.

Norn is inconsequential. She's powerless. If she hit the road, she would be dead or kidnapped before she got anywhere near the labyrinth. She's only doing this because she's an immature kid doing immature kid things.

How insightful.

Isn't Zanoba the dude who accidentally murdered his own younger sibling? The utmost expert on family issues.
I won't stand for zanoba slander it was an accident

Contributor
Come boot lickers, one and all, and continue to tell me what a great person Rudy is.
Tell me how every decision he made is okay, and how MC is not a selfish piece of garbage.
He said he is going to be faithful, so definitely won’t make a harem in the next five chapters

Double-page supporter
I saw the tittle "Turning Point 3" and I got flashbacks to the light novel

Fed-Kun's army
Good old Paarthurnax. Always install the mod that removed the need to turn against him!

What? You never had the need to turn against him, thus no need for a specific mod. The Blades-whachamacallit are bigoted bastards that I would've killed if they're not essential to the quests. The dumbest NPCs in Skyrim.

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes I wonder what an evil darker Rudeus would do in situations like these.

He did exists in an alternate timeline. He became like this due to the death of Roxy (plotted by Hitogami) and everyone else.

Dex-chan lover
Good to see his old form again. Makes us remember he's still a pedo
His body is the same age as his wife's and your mind and age are not affected by your soul but by the age of your brain which is the same age as your body. Just because you have more memories doesn't some how make you older.

Does a person who have memories of every dream they have compared to someone who remembers none somehow make the person who remembers the dream older? No, same as a person who has memories of their past life.

Besides they are all adults now and he is still attracted to them because he is attracted to who they are, not what they look like.

Group Leader
That's cute. Except that everything you say actually supports my point. His wife and siblings are in a pretty safe environment, with no actual enemies, surrounded by "civilization", allies and with a relatively high living standard. His mother, on the other hand, is effectively in an (mostly) unknown situation, in the middle of a continent with a pretty hostile environment, and most likely trapped in a labyrinth with who knows what happening to her. She could be living in paradise, or getting tortured everyday. Who knows? MC certainly doesn't seem to know. Or even care, apparently. A passing thought of worry is hardly what I would call a strong level of attachment.

So, riddle me this. Considering all that and, as you ki~ndly pointed out, the dangerous shitty world they live in, who is in more need of asistance? The people at Ranoa, or his mother?

As for being plenty of experienced people already there, what do you mean plenty? There are four: Paul, Roxy, Talhand and Geese (Lilia doesn't count because she can't fight for shit). So? How is that any guarantee that they can push through whatever obstacles in their way? As you nicely pointed out, that world is incredibly hazardous and you don't know what kind of dangers you can find in (essentialy) "the wild". Simply assuming that they are strong/skilled enough to just solve the problem by themselves with no actual details on Zenith's situation is just stupid, no matter how you look at it.

Riiight. Except not really. Instead of helping, what he has done is giving instructions, and vague ones at that, that happened to be sometimes helpful to MC. Unfortunately, this is one of those instances that MC is being forced to be stupid for the sake of plot. He never questions why this shifty guy is giving questionable guidance. There's no reason to assume he has good intentions, and yet MC ends up following what said shifty guy tells him to do and subconciously trusting that guy's word. A level of naivety more fitting for a child than an adult, yet MC is actually around 50 y/o (could have fooled me).

Not even once does he stop to question why this guy, who can seemingly see the future, is guiding his life to a certain path. He never wonders why Orsted automatically treated him (MC) as an enemy (and almost killed him, sparing him only on a whim thanks to Nanahoshi) the moment he suspected MC had a connection to Man God (such an awkward fucking name, I swear). MC's overall level of introspection is seemingly almost nonexistent, something that I suspect is intentionally done by the author to drive the plot he had conjured out of his armpit (and to craft his ever-so-precious retarded "flawed" MC).

Yeah, he is someone mainly interested in his own hobbies, AND he is immensely respectful and obedient to MC. Did you somehow fail to notice that, or are you pretending not to for the sake of your own "argument"? If MC asked him to do his best to protect his family, he most certainly fucking would. He literally offered to in this chapter.

The manga didn't do a good job portraying him imo, but in the novel he explains that, from his point of view, a father isn't actually required for a baby to be born. Drawing on his education and experiences as royalty, he determined that, as long as the mother has all her needs taken care of and the support and safety necessary for the birth is provided, a king doesn't need to be present for the birth. Needless to say, this applies regardless of someone being a king or not. <- It's not really a spoiler, but I'm hiding it just in case, since it's from the novel.

As for the skull cracking, he did have some questionable moments ranging from actual violence to just a threat. He is a bit of a nutcase, no real mistery there. The important thing is that, given the way he treats MC, he would never do anything that would put MC's family in danger. He is borderline fanatical when it comes to his master.

And the contact with his family and marriage prospects, I really don't get what you are trying to say there. He is a prince from a royal family in a fairly stereotypical medieval setting. Him being all kumbaya with his family would be actually out of the norm anyways.

There's no reason why an "isekai" story has to be trash. You are just generalizing. And rating Mushoku Tensei in comparison to the lowest common denominator isn't really doing you any favors. Saying that something is better than garbage isn't that much of a compliment, I'll have you know. :pepela:

Now that I've said my piece, honestly, I'm not going to bother anymore with this thread. I've already spent way too much time explaining my thoughts to hopefully aid the people most in need among us.

That is, those suffering from what I call MBS (or Mushoku Brainrot Syndrome). Poor lambs, lost in the wild, not knowing the way back. Back from brain death.

So, I'll call it a day. Or forever, actually. This is starting to become a waste of time for me. Got better things to do. I hope you all fare well.
Nigga don't tell me you're "BuyVelomobiles" 2.0 lmaooo

Dex-chan lover
His body is the same age as his wife's and your mind and age are not affected by your soul but by the age of your brain which is the same age as your body. Just because you have more memories doesn't some how make you older.

Does a person who have memories of every dream they have compared to someone who remembers none somehow make the person who remembers the dream older? No, same as a person who has memories of their past life.

Besides they are all adults now and he is still attracted to them because he is attracted to who they are, not what they look like.
Comparing dreams to literal reincarnation magic is ridiculous, I think that should go without saying.

And his mind's age is definitely still old, it's not just the soul/memories, he's had the intelligence of his past life since the very beginning. When someone has conscious thoughts at 0 years old, they're not just an old soul in a kid's body with the mind of a kid. Rudy is very explicitly his old mind from the get-go in this manga.

I'm not gonna say I hate the manga or anything, I've been reading it for 97 chapters, but it's definitely a weird sketchy point of this manga, especially at the start. There are other isekais that make the whole "oh, I just have someone else's memories" or "my mind's regressed to that of a child" more explicit / an actual thing and it's actually reflected in the thoughts + behavior of the MC, but in this manga he's very explicitly his old self in a child's body from the start. He even pervs on his own mom before he has the chance to get emotionally attached to her, which he wouldn't be doing if he was supposed to mentally be a baby.

Dex-chan lover
What? You never had the need to turn against him, thus no need for a specific mod. The Blades-whachamacallit are bigoted bastards that I would've killed if they're not essential to the quests. The dumbest NPCs in Skyrim.
I never did, but the plot felt incomplete, leaving it at that. The mod saw it to the end, by putting the Blades in their proper place. The Dragonborn is the master, they are the underlings. That sort of thing.

Please tell me we are getting a certain tunnel scene this year.
That arc is my favourite.
Considering the current pacing and breaks? I'd say we'll be lucky if we see

Paul

this year. The anime will pass this whole arc in like 5 months.

Users who are viewing this thread