Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~ - Vol. 12 Ch. 57 - Sylphiette

Dex-chan lover
Come on, people. She's intentionally hiding her real identity and looks completely different from last time they met, which was like a decade ago by the way. Of course he doesn't recognize her, despite remembering.

Im glad I read the novel soo long ago that I forgot the small details already

So I can enjoy the manga like the others who dont know what will happen.

I still remember where the story will go though. Thanks for the translations

Dex-chan lover
@conscript117 Nah, this one laid the groundwork at best it but the ones that came after it did the lions share. Unless we are talking about different things.

Yeah I mean how did they conclude he forgot her without even saying she's Sylphy or giving some clues about it..

This arc remind me about something. The arc, not this chapter exactly.

Do you know why ISEKAI become so popular? The real reason?

- It is because usually ISEKAI story does not have japanese school background.

Come on, japanese school anime sometimes is so tiring. They are everywhere, took most of new animes every season, every characters are students... but the world of free imagination has so much more places to set an story. Ok, its MHO.

Dex-chan lover
@JakkRo
This is terribly wrong. Isekai is popular because it's easy to self-insert, and some people enjoy wild, shameless power fantasies. A large number of isekai stories go straight to school settings.

What Japanese Isekai replaced was the super power high school battle story (Infinite Stratos, Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance, Medaka Box, Irregular Magical High School). Isekai can do everything that it offers, but better. Knights and Magic has an academy. Power in the Shadows, an academy. Otome Game Mob, academy. Even non-isekai reincarnation stories will have academies. This bit is assumption on my part of Japanese society, but the Japanese are so oppressed in their work lives, they idealize school life in rose-tinted goggles.

The reason some isekai will lack school settings is because the characters are so strong, they rarely benefit from having to go through re-education.

Fed-Kun's army
@Jakkro this arc is more of a slice of life arc. Specifically, a calm before the storm. This arc is just a build up before shit hits the fan.(fuck that bastard fuck fuck fuck fuck)
It is also a minor training arc because there are saint level magicians in the academy for him to learn stronger magic.

Group Leader
Not really a spoiler at this point, but just to be clear.

Sylphy recover her memories in Ch 40.
https://mangadex.org/thread/14701/1/#post_88104

Oh man i forgot how funny is Zanoba's clumsiness. Dude is such a nice bro, by far my fav secondary character.

Dex-chan lover
Oh great. The miko's strength is off the charts, and his dex is at an all time low.

As for Sylphy... take your time, please. He too went through some nasty traumas.

About Sylphy, i've already pointed that and it is confirmed every chapter.

Rudeus is not that dense (or he still would be a virgin at this point), but Sylphy in fact is.

Yes, i've read the novel until this arc (please do not comment about it here) and i'm not satisfied.

- What she expected 1st? Rudeus to instant recognize her and an emotional reunion. Ok, it didn't happen and she feared he forgot about her.

- But then she already (by the wrong signals, lol) confirmed that she was not forgotten by Rudeus and, more important, that he still have the same personality she loved back.

- More, with the Princess help, she know a lot about Rudeus today and what happened to him.

So, the big obvious question is:

If she still trusts Rudeus, WHY do not reveal her identity to him?

- He would imediatly understand her situation and help her. They could stay closer like in the past. Even if Rudeus (obvisouly due his situation) does not fall in love for her at the sight, by time it would happens anyway, since they fatally will become so close again.

It was a rhetorical question! We know the reason. Silphy is the vacillating nerdy boy trope here.

Dex-chan lover
@JakkRo
again, she doesn't reveal her identity because she can't do it freely. Because, you know, Ariel will get murdered. that's the short version. the long version is about how she'd get removed from her position due to her lineage (or lack thereof) and thus leave ariel vulnerable to assassins. Luke is not actually particularly strong, just stronger than average.

@Talismaster
only one of those is a good boy, and the one who is wears a hat

Dex-chan lover
Zanoba is such an interesting side character even if we haven’t seen much of him. I like their relationship, hope he will remain a bro

GIB CLAY

Users who are viewing this thread