Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~ - Vol. 12 Ch. 58 - Unspeakable Strength

Dex-chan lover
Did he seriously just compare slavery from childhood to his neet ass being forced to not be a useless sack of shit?

Also, what do you want him to do? If he were to challenge the system here, all he would get is nothing, since it's not like he can just rambo his way through the slave market, and expect to take care of all of them, cause they sure as hell aren't going to be respected even if given freedom. It's not like it was being painted as good either.

It takes more than a hero to demolish the slavery system. Source: USA history.

Group Leader
I'm having Tate No Yuusha flashbacks.

Also life is suffering, so you gotta fight everyday, otherwise before you know it, you will end up in a cage, being whipped and rapped everyday.

I really like how he handled the poor slave. Solid writing form the author and just because they lived different lives doesn't mean they didn't experience the same mindeset. Someone who has a home and everything handed to them can be just as hopeless and depressed as someone with nothing.

@Ingway I don't think he was comparing his NEET issues with slavery, but rather the mindset of hopelessness that both of them have as a result of their mental illness due to their trauma.
The issue with mental illness like depression and the sort is that it can affect people regardless of their situation. someone could be rich as hell and seemingly at the top of their life and still be clinically depressed. Just because somebody else has it worse doesn't invalidate one's feelings and mental status.

Fed-Kun's army
@HYBRID_BEING Every character in the series does consider Roxy as a loli though. She's been described as a petite 14 y/o at the oldest. Considering that Rudeus described Fitts to be someone around the size of a 13 y/o, and Roxy is even smaller than her, then it's not a stretch to call her a loli.
Nanahoshi even called Rudeus a lolicon when he introduced Roxy later on.
She definitely looks older than
Juliette (the slave)
if you're using her as a basis.

Double-page supporter
Goddamn, he just remind of of BETELGEUSE ROMANE CONTI DESS dud on Re zero. Why haven't I realize this sooner

one thing is to live close to the end of a society with slavery or on the beginning of a society with slavery, the thought that its wrong or the desire to end it is almost common thought.

But to live on the middle of the time period is a different thing, it's part of their culture, it's part of the society, it is acceptable to everyone, fighting against it is insanity, it's the same to say that earth is flat, you will not convince anyone, because everyone knows earth is not flat, is it wrong to buy slaves? Yes it is, you are feeding the system and making it worse, Rudeus could find other solution? Yes! But he wanted to blend with society, his superior thinks its ok, his friends thinks its ok, society thinks its ok. So it's the easier and more natural choice to be made.

Now some food for thought:
Why slavery ended on our society? Was because we notice that it was wrong and out of nowhere it was ended? Was it ended because of rebellions and we started giving more value to human life? Or was it because the slavery system accumulate too much wealth on a very small group of people that had no way to spend all that money, and as a consequence the value of money decreased super fast, society had less people doing business and less money in circulation, and as a countermeasure to fix the value of money and to prevent the collapse of society it resulted on the end of slavery ?

Dex-chan lover
@nameslastnames357
You have to feed your slaves otherwise they die. Slavery ended because it wasnt profitable.

Slaves aren't the only ones in need of feeding, though.

When you've got employees, you need to pay them enough so they can afford better quality food, lodgings, medications, holidays, entertainment, education/training, and much, much more.

If feeding slaves made it unprofitable, then our society would be even worse.

Slavery absolutely did not end because it was unprofitable. The very notion is ridiculous. America had a big war about it specifically because entire economies depended on it.

I'm a little concerned about how accepting he is of slavery. Not expecting him to do anything about the institution, but not rejecting it out of hand seems suspect to me.

Aggregator gang
It's just me or Fitz behaviour gives out Hana Kanazawa vibes in these chapter? 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread