Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~ - Vol. 12 Ch. 58 - Unspeakable Strength

Dex-chan lover
@Arceni My mother had to steal cooking oil to not starve so no, you think wrong.
Also slavery is not necessary for survival, it's the frakking opposite.

Dex-chan lover
@WillLi
@Happily_Grim
@adfjs
Yeah, I'm just enjoying myself a game of spot the idiot. I like this site but god damn does it ever have some of the stupidest comments on earth on it.

Not sure why you're trying repeatedly to explain things for that one retard in particular, I'd have rolled my eyes and moved on. He's a lost cause.

Supporter
I really hope Sylphy's charade ends soon. This entire thing makes Rudeus look like a complete moron (well, wouldn't be the first time but still).

i believe slave that are children were rarely sold in a public shop (most of the countries at least )
because they are too needy and can die easily with mistreatment so unless they got previous contrat from a very rich person to ship them a bunch of children beforehand they won't bother to pick the children from that village and either leave them be or kill them and when they do they won't put them in the shop but ship them instantly
also their use is very limited so they won't sell fast in public auction because they are fragile meaning they aren't good for heavy lifting and most the type people prefer women as sex slaves rather than children so their popular use was as sacrifice for some witchcraft that prefer not to show themselves in public to buy them (you know how serious of crime being involved with witches is )
also they are easy to steal from the slum so why bother to have feed them in your travel when you can insta steal them and ship them without feeding them a single bread

Dex-chan lover
@musicfreak12
Slavery has always been a dark theme in most modern Japanese media. The romanticized slavery is recent and has nothing to do with history of invasion/occupation. It's like how, orcs, vampires, and zombies are cool and they can even be protagonists. It's just a trendy trope subversion.

Also in Japanese media, slavery - people in cages, metal collars and chain, slave markets - almost exclusively appears in faux-European fantasy settings.

@denim
Rudy considers literally murdering a powerless child slave and forces her to make a decision he himself never had to make?
It might seem like he was suggesting euthanasia, but it's probably more like he asked that question because he doesn't want to buy a slave with zero motivation despite them fitting the criteria (dwarf, around 5 years old).

Dex-chan lover
@Arceni
Can you word your question more intelligible? I don't get it. Is it "other way to develop society from tribalism to feudalism and leading to collectivization of labor"?

Double-page supporter
This part was awesome, with the fact that it somewhat represents who he was and who he failed to be. Rudi is still chained down by his decision to die back then, and here he is somewhat, ever so slightly, jealous of the strength she still has

Reminder that no matter how much you whine about slavery in a fictional setting no Mauretanian slaves or Eastern European forced prostitutes will be freed. Neither will their living conditions improve.

Dex-chan lover
God, slavery is so disgusting. Good thing about this series is that it's shown realistically in this manga: unlike other isekais where slavery is portrayed as if it's some kind of a pleasure trip, "Hahaha, look at all those plump slaves having a good time. It's just like a fetish!".

Haha. Everyone here knows its a good story, especially those who read the novel

I don't want to spoil the fun for manga readers too

Users who are viewing this thread