Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya - Vol. 5 Ch. 116 - What They Found

Absolute Chad Zeke put a ring on it. Mad respect.

The fact that he and Lorem had a loving relationship and their parting was for the safety of their son instead of some passionate one night stand due to the heat of battle gets ya right in the ticker.

RED FLAGS RED FLAGS OVER PARADISE
RED FLAGS RED FLAGS OVER PARADISE
GOLDEN RAYS OF THE GLORIOUS SUNSHINE
SETTING DOWN SUCH A BLOOD RED FLAG, NOW THE READERS SLOWLY RETREAT TO THE SHADOWS OUT OF SIGHT.

Starting from the opening page, this chapter is packed full of little gems, it's just too cute
It was loneliness that brought them together, but in the end you can tell they formed a very strong bond. It now makes perfectly sense why Lorem would console Chiharu, a few chapters ago, saying that Zeke was helping, even though he couldn't be seen, she knew it by heart, she didn't need to see him to know he was doing all he could. Also, when Eriza in chapter 93 asked her about her husband and she didn't know what to say, in the end going with "He's a good person", at the time I thought she was just trying not to say anything embarrassing, but instead there was so much, much more between her words

Besides, we've only seen Zeke scowling, making a scary face or having the expression of someone who doesn't know why he bothers being alive, but deep down he was just a kind-hearted kid/boy/young man looking for someone to give him a soul... he's actually capable of making many cute expressions, guess Gospel got something from him after all, not just the shape of his tail and his wings.
His awkward expressions in page 9, when he's proposing, that happy face just in the next panel, but also the "I just realized something that will turn the world upside down" expression when he realized Lorem might be pregnant... those faces are absolutely wonderful.

And that last panel... that was it, happiness exists, and he too can have it.

Dex-chan lover
@MagnaDrake they're basically strangers to him and because of his special traits they looked like they tended to distance themselves from him while still trying to act civil

Dex-chan lover
Too many good things happening, must be suffering ahead

Beautiful, but now its when everything goes to shit according on how Chiharu and Lorem met

Dex-chan lover
But what's the deal with Zekes marks? Is that gonna be explained soon?

Dex-chan lover
So going through the early chapters:

1. This is the same house Lorem is still living in at the start of the series.
2. No contact with Merii, since Merii came to find Lorem in the early chapters.

My guess is that Zeke left because his anti-demon poison is bad, either because Lorem needed to demonize to handle the pregnancy, or because the poison was harming the fetus's development.
Though given this page: https://mangadex.org/chapter/29317/13 maybe Lorem tried to chase after him.
And given Lorem's reaction to Chiharu mention of him, Lorem should be aware of it or has forgiven him for suddenly leaving.

Contributor
yeah can't wait for it to turn super dark in one or two chapters and destroy all the joy we've just seen *sarcasm*

damn it ,_____,

Dex-chan lover
Something must have gone horrible wrong later on because she is found in the literall gutter while in labor by the human.

@WhimsiCat you are both right and wrong
@HUNRonin if i were to guest probrably his poison when out of control since young so they did that to him, just like Lorem back in the day when she can't control her power too but she has merii healing so she stay fine

Oh god the wholesomeness I can’t handle it-
Too bad we all know that this gonna end up south ;__;

Dex-chan lover
I'm tearing up because this chap is so beautiful!!!
It really add up some depth to the manga !

Dex-chan lover
No matter the dark days ahead, we all know it ends up with Chiharu helping Lorem deliver the brightest ray of sunshine that is Gospel into the world. And that makes it all worthwhile.

Amen.

Users who are viewing this thread