Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 4 Ch. 32 - Drowning Fish

I know he's got dangerous relationship with his daughter classmates. But he's just tired of the job, his shut-in daughter.

He just need some help not abuse word.
Why people only see his daughter perspective?

He doesn't the deserve the hate

i dunno why...but that Miya running away from home remind of story plot from work of culture titled "Emergence".

Contributor
@ Ryomi
Okay we can all agree that the daughter is a bitch, but she has a point. Her father is dating (and for all she knows might as well fucking) her best friend, a girl of her age. That hits hard.

That's the thing, he was NOT dating her (but he will soon probably, why should he reject her now ?), he even rejected her, even if he was tempted, with how shit his life is now.
Hell, Koto even said it to his daughter "he don't like me, it's only me who chase him".

Sorry, but even if she is a teenager, his daughter is horrible, she has no excuse.
Even if the death of a loved person hurt a lot (i know that feeling) , you should be careful and help the rest of your family, not make their life even worse.

If the MC didn't had Koto, he would have just killed himself after this chapter, and his daughter would regret it for all her life.

Dex-chan lover
Y’all silly defending this dude, and blaming the daughter

When they’re both terrible. The father more tho

Dex-chan lover
More terrible for what? Taking solace in the only person who would give him time of day? He needed someone to confort him after losing his wife and Miya becoming a shut in on top of his stressful job and that person just happened to be Koto. Pretty sure if the female coworker reached out sooner he woulda latched onto her instead.

Dex-chan lover
@Krenalin He's lost the trust of his daughter, whom he has only recently reconnected with, and now he doesn't even know where she is or if she's really safe.
He's also falling apart at work as a result, where nobody has any sense of compassion towards him, and he has no way to explain his situation in a way that would garner any sympathy. They seem actively hostile to his deteriorating mental health.
This leads to a vicious cycle, where the more guilty he feels, the distracted he gets, the worse he performs at work, the more guilty he feels.
The scene symbolically showing him underwater represented to me a perfect analogy for a panic attack, and is totally understandable. His crisis doesn't seem to have an end, and he has no way out of it that he can control. He is trapped by his guilt, shock, and depression as a result of all that's happened.

Dex-chan lover
@Ryrie exactly, he was already vulnerable, and was in a sense taken advantage of. Not out of malicious intent but out of her own vulnerability. It's a perfect car crash of circumstances, two vulnerable people clinging to each other because they're both in places of weakness.

Fed-Kun's army
Not gonna blame him if my mans decide to off himself at this point 😔

Fed-Kun's army
@Ryomi] @JKTV the daughter had no clue if her father was dating her friend or not.
She assumed right from the start.. Keep in mind the selfish bitch had been a shut in for on average a year before all of this, had she not been a shut in MC wouldn't even have a reason to speak with koto.
MC also didn't do anything wrong, we've seen the story through MC's eyes and author gave no hints of MC want to have a relationship with koto. He just wanted company.
Keep in mind if MC wanted too he could have had sex with her on the first night they stayed out together.
So far the only person who sees MC in the wrong is his daughter and her delinquent friend, his co-worker didn't know the full details and decided not to hold prejudice towards him, like a proper fking person.
So maybe you guys should take a page out of the co-worker's book lol. Also Koto is at an age of consent so there's also that.

More terrible for what? Taking solace in the only person who would give him time of day? He needed someone to confort him after losing his wife and Miya becoming a shut in on top of his stressful job and that person just happened to be Koto. Pretty sure if the female coworker reached out sooner he woulda latched onto her instead.
@Ryrie Very true my dude

Dex-chan lover
lol at people calling the daughter a bitch and wishing her harm while dismissing anyone understanding of her situation
You sure are the good guys..

Again, one is an adult who should have known better, the other a teen who feels totally betrayed (and disgusted) by her dad and doesn't make the greatest decisions afterwards (can't blame her after the shock)
I'll admit that he was vulnerable but that doesn't take away from the fact that he screwed up, plain and simple

Dex-chan lover
The mental gymnastics necessary to justify a daughter driving her own father to near suicide are staggering. At this point I think that's how this ends honestly.

Dex-chan lover
I don't need no arms around me.
And I don't need no drugs to calm me.
I have seen the writing on the wall.
Don't think I need anything at all.
No, don't think I need anything at all.

All in all, it was all just bricks in the wall
All in all, you were all just bricks in the wall

That's the thing, though. There are several moments where he tries but he gets interrupted or cut off. The implication is that they don't care. He's not a person to them and it's clear the people at his job don't care about him. They think he's a means to an end, a vehicle for him to make money. We see one woman from his job actually care about him, but she doesn't extend an olive branch after the incident and doesn't try to address him after telling him that she's not going to get involved. It's a black company. They don't care about his personal circumstances, they just want him to do his work. @PedroSimao002

I think it will take something of that caliber for her to "wake up." Granted, she is a teenager, and egocentrism is common at her age, but really, everything right now is a perfect storm for his whole life to collapse in on itself. I think his daughter (especially as she is his only connection to his late wife) was one of the fundamental things that he cared for, and now that she hates him and is gone, it's definitely questionable how he's going to go on. Especially, as his job is slowly starting to pressure him more and more, and that he doesn't have any of the women who were offering support to ease his suffering. It's definitely take a tragedy at this point for anything to change, and I'm not sure if he's able to deal with it anymore. @pants

Oh you poor, poor sweet innocent child. I'll link you an article, but I don't want to sully your eyes
@relic626

Users who are viewing this thread