Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 5 Ch. 36 - Each Person's Epiphany

Dex-chan lover
I can't help but wonder if the daughter is pregnant, I mean she spent a few days "having fun," it will be another way to kick the father while he's down, I imagine the author is all for that.

I really love this manga for two reasons: the plot and the comments. I cry and suffer with the manga and laugh with the posts. Moreover, I hope the mom get the help she needs... Or at least get killed in a car accident

Group Leader
Uuughhh poor Koto... At first I kinda despised her for playing with her friend's dad, but after knowing her background, hfft... oh man that feeling of 'on guard' when your mother might enter your room hit home too close

Dex-chan lover
I never disliked Koto nor the daughter, only the father for failing to being a responsible adult, and even a father at times. But well let’s see how this goes, either way I feel like he shouldn’t date koto at all, stems from a toxic relationship

@darkmeep i expected somethung like that too, but with how she reacted to the “indirect kiss” I don’t think they got that far, at least not yet

Dex-chan lover
The goal to disturb readers in this chapter was completed at 100%. Observing mom's actions and knowing she's going to ruin Main Doormat's reputation, it gives these chills down the spine again. In this, this series is unparalleled.
Delinquent guy happens to be even nicer than I expected. Speaking about future son-in-law. Of course, if author wouldn't decide to bother us again with something sudden and outrageous from his part.
As for our Main Doormat, seeing him pondering about "dating her or not" is hilarious. If he had at least a little knowledge in psychology, he'd known that it's one of those perverse versions of Electra complex, when girl seeks for replacement for father she hasn't had. I've seen it a 100 times in 100 different works. What she needs is qualified psychological help, as well as to move away from that mom thing. After that she would probably understand that she doesn't love him. But yeah, if she would still have romantic feelings for him, then (and only then) they are free to go.

IMHO

Dex-chan lover
To be honest, if she forces him to leave that shitty job she would be making him a favor.

I seriously feel for the Dad, he is just spiraling down and the only real safe haven in his mind is his daughter's friend.

Dex-chan lover
"He shoulda just been responsible" Sure it's easy to bash on dad from a 3rd party view where you see everything around him without even trying to fathom what it's like in his shoes.

Dex-chan lover
jesus that mom...she's humming merrily while destroying a person's life...*brrrr*
i feel real sorry for him
hasn't had any happiness since his wife died
i can't blame him for reaching out to the closest warmth, when the same warmth was also reaching out for him
it's symbiotic

@henman
Electra complex isn't generally accepted by modern psychology though (a lot of Freud's ideas aren't nowadays). I think her lacking a father figure definitely play a role in how she's treating the dad, but her behavior isn't really indicative of her trying to find a father figure imo.

Aggregator gang
something really bad is about to happen.
Dad: this is the worst day of my life
Author: the worst day of your life ..so far. don't worry it´s only gonna get worse

Fed-Kun's army
fuuuck, dad is gonna have his life ruined by some overbearing mother skank who doesn’t know what the word independent means

Double-page supporter
i don't understand why we aren't freaking out more about the lack of bears.

Users who are viewing this thread