Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 5 Ch. 38 - K&K On A Certain Night

Fed-Kun's army
You know shits about the hit the fan.
Also guess she used her mom's shoes , since they appear over sized.

Dex-chan lover
please don't call the girl a waifu.......it's kinda disturbing
i'm rooting for the guy, but not to be with the girl, just....to be able to come out the other end in one piece
heck, just run away to a seaside town and get a job as a waiter at a small family restaurant

How was she able to get her shoes and sneak away I don't think koto is as innocent and sweet as people think

Dex-chan lover
It would be a big twist if it turned out she killed her mom and that's why she used her shoe, not to mention her suddenly just ran at him that late at night and without a fear of going back home (because her mom is dead so nothing to fear)

Fed-Kun's army
Can I just get 3 more Chapters like this please. I just want a little fluff before all the angst comes and destroys Kousuke's and my soul.

Contributor
@doneprone
I know a happy ending is probably off the table, but I would really prefer if Kousuke/Koto turns into a wholesome father/daughter type relationship instead.

Double-page supporter
Fuck when people telling about how nose was drawn i checked it again and surprised i didn't notice that since chapter 1 lmao

Contributor
@Starbright

How was she able to get her shoes and sneak away I don't think koto is as innocent and sweet as people think

It's not her shoes, but her mother shoes.
That's probably why she removed them at the end, because it probably hurt her a lot.

Aggregator gang
I feel like he is finally hanging out normally with Koto. Too bad others would see it as something immoral.

I can't read this shit anymore, gonna drop this for the sake of my mental health.

Although, there's one thing I would like to add. And that is; if you truly loved your partner, and they died, the idea that you can love someone else again is absurd. It just doesn't make sense, at least, for me. And let's say that happens, then there is no way you can ever love them the same way.

The way this manga has portrayed the MC in that regard, specifically, is incredibly disappointing, and it leads me to believe that he never actually loved his wife in the first place. Which kind of justifies the type of attitude his daughter has toward him.

Dex-chan lover
This would be tense if it weren't from the fact that I'm actively rooting for him to lose that shitty job.

@Intruvious that line of thought is pretty flawed and extremely selfish. If two people truly loved each other, would either want the other to *not* be happy even after they're gone? It's like saying that if two people divorce then they can never get married or be in a relationship ever again despite absolutely being in love once before; feelings change, and unavoidable outside forced and situations really change people. For the MC, his wife has been dead for a year+, his daughter was a (selfish) shut-in and cutting him off as an emotional support for them both, constant stress from his high-speed and needy job along with the societal stress of being a white-collar office worker in Japan of all countries, as well as taking care of his seemingly invalid daughter shoved so much stress on the poor guy that he just latched onto the only person giving him genuine affection and positive energy which he desperately craved, and so far genuinely enjoys and wants it. Can't blame the guy for following his biological wants (that is to say he's not blameless in regards to the rest of the stuff that he had partial or full control over.)

@Valanway It's not about the person wanting their partner to be happy after them dying, it's about how much value the other person gave to their love, and in return, how much love that person actually had for them. Being divorced and dying are two very different scenarios. The latter being one which you have no control over, and the former being a conclusion reached after careful consideration from both parties (usually).

Sure, his daughters' behavior toward him was unjust and wrong, but she's a teen, she saw that her father wasn't there for her Mom. Even if he had work or mouths to feed, it doesn't mean you aren't there for your wife when she's literally on her death-bed. Which brings me back to him actually loving his wife or not, because if he really had a genuine affection towards her, shouldn't he have been shown reminiscing the memories they made together, for example, whenever he's with Koto? You know, get reminded of what was lacking? This leads me to one of two conclusions; one, his wife didn't give him the love he needed or two, he had no time for her love, in which case, there's no one to blame but himself.

See, although my problem is with him being shown to love someone again, I can move past that. I also have a problem with how he reacts to someone giving him love, and how he loves them back. It's as if he has never loved anyone before. That's what bothers me. Yeah, it's his biological needs but still... (I think you're talking about that time when he let himself go in the cafe but Koto luckily passed out, because aside from that, he has so far controlled himself.)

But, at the end of the day, this is just a manga with fictional characters. Without reading between the lines too much, even I want him to be together with Koto, and for his life problems to somehow get resolved.

[I'm pretty sure this whole thing is a mess, and that's probably because I'm sleepy af rn lol. I'm sure you understand the point I'm trying to get across.]

Users who are viewing this thread