Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 5 Ch. 38 - K&K On A Certain Night

Dex-chan lover
@Intruvious

Nice argument, though as you said, quite hard to follow. Your text wall struck as may be, as he was trying to be picture perfect worker and father, could it be that he also showed his wife the perfect husband, who is strong and devotedly support his family (which, in Japan as I understand, prioritise work first). If that's the case, then perhaps why he wasn't reminiscing his wife while being with Koto because, he never have the moment when he show weakness to his wife. Though I am sure that primary reason is to avoid designing another character.

But I disagree with you about second love, as another member wrote, feeling can change. Even though her departure is no one's false, it still left him lonely and it's entirely possible to love another one in different way from her.

Dex-chan lover
I have the slightest hope this will happen:

-Koto’s father will divorce his wife and leave with his daughter far from town and be a good father
-MC gets a new job and mends things with his daughter
-MCs younger coworker kinda gets he’s been through a lot of shit, helped him out a bit, and gets with him at the end

Oh how I hope

Fed-Kun's army
At this point, I'm pretty sure the manga will end with them going their separate ways. It would invoke a more powerful message and Kisaragi would've grown up from the trials that are about to come, though Dilf here still needs to learn something from all of this.

Also, Psycho Mom needs to be offed ASAP, and however that'll be accomplished or how many chapters will take, I have no idea.

While reading through this chapter, I cannot deny the fact that I keep suspecting someone IS taking their picture

@JKTV aren't her parents already divorced? Or separated at least. It looked like the guy didn't care about them.

@JKTV The thing is, losing a job due to a reason like this would mean he will not get employed by another business such as this one. Hence, he would be forced to inherit his parents’ liquor store, which I believe was out of the city.

If this happens, I can see a few paths that the author takes:

[ol]1) He says fuck it, and runs away with Koto. Or Koto goes with him. Which I think is the most unlikely one since he would be labelled as a kidnapper and would probably get arrested. [ol]1.1) This would change if it turns out that Koto killed her mother and escaped.[/ol]

2) His daughter runs away with that other guy which, in result, makes the MC even more depressed, leading him to take his own life.
[ol]2.1) Same thing but, instead of him taking his life, he just gives up and does whatever his parents demand of him. Koto comes to visit him 3 years later, now as an adult, and the story ends. [/ol][/ol]

Dex-chan lover
Why are we still reading, just to suffer (;ŏ﹏ŏ)

This chapter looks like an obvious deathflag to me, shits gonna get wild next chapter, poor dude gonna suffer again (;ŏ﹏ŏ)

I fucking HATE THIS I FUCKING HATE YET WHY I STILL LOVE READING THIS
IS THIS THAT MASOCHIST FEELING OF LOVING A TRAGEDY GENRE AS THIS ONE
WTF DUDE

Dex-chan lover
@Intruvious
Lol. You must be teenager. News alert, feelings change and there's no such thing as one true love dude. It's completely fine to fall in love again. It doesn't discredit the love he had for his deceased wife. You're just looking for an excuse to hate him. Nothing is gonna justify what his daughter did. Seriously? She's not the only one that suffered. He did as well and the thing about never being there is bullshit. Sure let me leave my job and destroy my child future just because my wife is on her deathbed. She acted like he left them for good and that's why she'll never be more than bratty bitch. Even the 'she's just a teenager' doesn't fucking works because at that age you should have the ability to think rationally.

Imagine how stressed this guy is. He's working an unsatisfying job, come home to a shut in daughter that blamed him for doing the right thing and had to face the grief of losing his dear wife alone. Then come along a person that treats him better than anyone have ever been for the past few years. What was he supposed to do? Let go of that and goes back her ungrateful daughter? Like seriously, you cant blame that man at all for what happened here. Only 2 person should be demonized in this manga, that bratty daughter of his and the psycho mum.

Aggregator gang
I’m scared to the point of pissing and shitting myself that everything is gonna go wrong but I just can’t stop reading

Double-page supporter
The mom is crazy cause she can't get a guy her age huh? lul

Dex-chan lover
Lmao, took the mother's shoes. That's downright hilarious.

I'm just gonna stop calling that this will end happily and gloat like fucking hell when it does later.
Or relish in the trainwreck when the real consequences FINALLY hit. Either way..I'm good.

Users who are viewing this thread