Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 7 Ch. 54 - Unforgivable

Dex-chan lover
The choice has been made.
The die has been cast.
Will it be. Crit or a critical fail
Destiny will decide

- locking yourself for a year, barely talking to him, and running away from home
yes miya, you truly did your best HAHAHA what a character

Dex-chan lover
It's going crazy from this onwards.
20201015-123946.png

Unforgivable​
You didn't catch your daughter's ball bottle.

Partially to defuse the comments and partially as a joke/hypothetical:

The chapter where she tied the ribbon around his neck got me thinking... What if we've been looking at this train wreck all wrong from the beginning?

What if this whole story was an undercover allegory towards awakening to a sub/dom kink and the perception of those who have it?

Again, not commenting on the incredibly sensitive topics of mental health and whom is in the right or wrong.

Next chapter, Koto is going back to Shin-Aomori and reminiscing her memories with Kosuke. But, something happens there, I hoped either Kosuke or Koto's mom will be there.

Dex-chan lover
@Day-Ender
Thank you, I think yours is the most balanced here. Everyone has their faults in this. If Miya pulled her head out of her ass and notice that she wasn't the only one hurting in the family, Kousuke wouldn't have had to seek comfort from Koto...

Though I also get the feeling that even if Kousuke went for his Kouhai at work, she'd still act up like she did.

Dex-chan lover
Well Miya has learn why you should never give out ultimatums. They rarely go in your favor. And her trying to understand her father? Ha! When? Did a miss something? She pretty much shut out her father and the world at large since the beginning of the manga. Hell she didn't even try to understand her "friend" and well ignored her cries for help in the last few chapters. Well she is a teenager and like a lot of the youth of today they are selfish, shallow, and they make everything is about themselves. Well hopefully down the road and after she's grown up, matured, and gotten her head out of her ass, she will look back and admit, "yup I was a pretentious little bitch." Hopefully before she gets kids of her own and goes down the path of psycho mom.

Dex-chan lover
Even though I don't support forbidden relationships, I gotta say that the drama is so damn interesting

Dex-chan lover
@Scytale His work mentality stems from constant pressure from in laws and teachers to be "responsible". He tried to open up to his daughter but she refuses even acknowledge his atempts so he redirects his sense of responsibility to his work. He feels the need to take everything upon himself due to the expectations of others beings the chief and a single parent. I'm sure he'd love to take a breather but remember when he spent the night trying to find his daughter? He gets chewed out for being late and being worried, his workplace simply doesn't give a shit about anything but his work. Everyone puts their expectations on him and when things go wrong he gets blamed and has to bear all the responsiblity for it no matter what happens. He feels trapped because without this job he feels he can't raise Miya and can't afford to lose it due to what he thinks as "playing around". Eventually of course it all comes crashing down but that's how he felt at the start.

Dex-chan lover
Miya is basically saying bullshit when she says she has been trying to understand her dad. (・∀・)

"Only I can understand this teenage girl"

Imagine simping over someone thevsa.e age as your daughter.

Fed-Kun's army
I am waiting for the eventual genders reversed spinoff(s). I mean tbere are already some really quality five & six digits but a full blown manga would be better.

"I'm the only one who can save her"

Nice savior complex bro. I'm sure that explanation go over real well if the police get involved again. It's going to look like you're trying to run away with the underaged girl who you kissed in public. Don't think you'd get off with a warning like the first time.

Fed-Kun's army
man when she said don't betray me, I went but you're the one who shut yourself off to him in the first place? man lost his wife, immersed himself in his work as a coping mechanism (I have seen that happen) and his daughter shut him out (as if she was the only one suffering) and he ran into koto (who saw how much weight he was carrying around alone)

and she kind of did save him back then...(so he feels like he needs to save her). I don't like picking fights on the internet but calling it a savior complex is just...lazy. It's like you haven't read the manga up until now, He said what he said after 54 chapters...not Subaru deciding he loves Emilia in the first 2-3 episodes

It is tempting to condemn him as some sort of skirt chaser (or pedophile cause the internet loves extreme reaction), but he isn't drawn to koto because she is a JK (in fact he is drawing himself away from her because she is a JK) but because she provided him what he needed most back then...some actual support

as someone who has witnessed someone in a abusive relationship (fake suicide calls, emotional backmail) while working in a high pressure environment (dickheads, office politics), I didn't get why he was behaving the way he was at the time but I do now so I get kousuke's side a bit he isn't perfect (like most people like irl) but man does he get the short end of the stick from each end

people can shit on kousuke (pedophile, lock him up, psychopath) for his actions, decision and behavior but it's just...lazy

I get why he is acting in the manner he does cause we had like 54 chapters of him thinking, talking and interacting with other characters, not to mention having seen other people in shit situations I can see part of him in people I know...koto's mom on the other hand, fucking hell she's just mad

Edit - calling him a pedophile is like you're not reading the manga at all, calling him a psychopath is even worse

Edit - some of these comment here are eerily similar to the kind of logic of that cunt yaguchi spewed at the male character from the other manga of high school girl living with a full grown male (shaved and whatever) i.e. sheltering a JK is the same sheltering a JK and having sex with her (slippery slope argument)

This turned out to be better than I expected. I like seeing people make messed up decisions and this manga has been one one of the most realistically messed up manga I’ve read. I live for the drama :)

Users who are viewing this thread