Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 7 Ch. 54 - Unforgivable

If Miya is a boy this will be NTR and Mc will be more accepted as pedo. Dude can't even take care of his own daughter and think he can save Koto.

Fed-Kun's army
What I like about this series is that every time a new chapter comes out, it's like opening up a door. And behind that door is a raging dumpster fire, you haven't seen it, but you can feel it, smell it. You just have to open that door and bask in all it's glory.

Fed-Kun's army
So...I've said this last chapter, but I feel like it needs repeating again:

It's not hard to see why people still rag on Miya, but I look at it this way.

When you think about it, Miya is expected to be sad, cry and grieve over her mother's death because she's a young teenage girl, so she'll undoubtedly have a lot of shoulders to cry on and gain support from her classmates and teachers. Kosuke, on the other hand, is expected to shoulder all the criticism and responsibility to take care of her, work to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table, and interact with her like everything will be ok even when he's feeling the exact same way as she does. If she wants to just up and run away, she's pretty much allowed to, and who has to shoulder the responsibility to try and bring her home and make sure she's ok? Him.

It's not that she's a selfish brat. I find that it's more that she's a bit too wrapped up in how she's feeling that she fails to see that he's also suffering as much as she is, with the main difference being that she can get away from it all while he has to stand and fight, even when he's out of weapons, ammo, and armor. We also can't forget that before Koto, he was getting virtually zero support from anyone during the early parts of the story. Even the most well adjusted adult would start to crumble underneath that kind of neglect.

But even with all of that said, I can't blame her for not helping him. She didn't know how much he was suffering, and that unintentional neglect unfortunately was a major factor that lead to the current situation.

Now to add on to this, what Kosuke's doing is wrong in plenty of ways. I don't support what he's doing in the slightest, but we still can't forget that Koto was the only one who helped him in his time of need, so it's somewhat not that difficult to see why he's chasing after her even though it's wrong, so for these types of issues, it's more about understanding the reasons why something occured, not agreeing and even justifying the reasons why something occured. I think that's the confusion and the reason for the haters/defenders of Kosuke here. As for Miya trying to understand him...I'd actually argue that the kouhai had more time to understand Kosuke than Miya did. All she kept doing was running away when things got bad and only "tried" to understand him when she felt like it. Again, I can't exactly blame her all that much due to her age and mentality, especially with the whirlwind of events happening around her, but even she has to realize at some point that she's not the only one who's hurting, and Kosuke's situation escalated to this level partly due to her unintentional neglect.

Now, I don't think this story is supposed to have a family friendly ending. It's really about two people who found hope (and love) in each other at their worst moments of their lives when others did not. The ages only add to the drama and everyone around them reacts in a realistic way, but the two main family members, Miya and Koto's mom, also fail to realize their unintentional contribution to the whole situation.

Father is piece of shit. I hope at the end of manga he is in prison/ dead. Live in prison is not easy for pedos. Other prisoners will properly take care of him.

Dex-chan lover
@Angentile While socially frowned upon, she's of an age that she's technically legal in Japan. The cops said so themselves in the earlier chapters. It's be the same in the Western countries, as a mid 30s/40s year old man going out with a 18 year old woman. Socially frowned upon but she's still over the age of consent and if she's consenting there isn't any problem in the eyes of the law.

Since when relationship with a 16-17 year old girl has become pedo territory? She is under the age of consent in Japan - sure, but calling him pedo is a joke.

Yeah you pretty much said it, stupid daughter keeps trying to make every situation about her. Also what was that straight up bullshit she said about trying to understand Kousuke? She straight up pushed him away and ignored his ass.

Dex-chan lover
well yeah, when his daughter runs away from home and lives somewhere else, and appears only in such moments only to say things like "you abandon your family" or "I've been doing my best to understand you", it looks stretched

Fed-Kun's army
> essay comment here

better than tons of comments calling him a pedophile (have you read the manga? in an earlier chapter where he called his office worker out for infidelity) when he hasn't demonstrated any sort of inclination towards being attracted to children (look up Netflix's cuties)...in fact he has been pushing her away because she is under-age all along which bother her

one of the reasons I feel uncomfortable reading Akebi-chan is because of how some of panels are well...look at this 14 year old's ass but then Akebi-chan manga other than gorgeous art has those moment of youthful innocence and fun that I yearn for as a middle aged men (about to hit his 30s), fun is dead in a COVID world esp. in WFH

if that's pedophile behavior, well then I am on the slippery slope to being one according to all the learned men over here

Edit - just a word of advice, it is easy to judge fictional characters and people on the internet with words and one line phrases but do not engage in that sort of behavior irl people are more complex irl often summing it all in one word is one side of them in particular setting or perspective

No more hope. Miya should give up on her father. She can come live with her grandparent, hope that they are capable of raising a child. This home is not a home any more but sometime life is suck and there're nothing one can do.

I get the feeling Miya knows it is the right thing to do to stop Koto from endangering herself, yet comes with (perhaps) juvenile threats to stop Kousuke from leaving. Saying she's been trying hard to understand him, but still not understanding why he left. Sure, Kousuke has his issues. But Miya still has a lot to learn.

Also, I wonder what that Misaki guy is going to tell her. It could either be words of wisdom that could Miya understand, or could be more (manipulative?) things that would make things even worse for Miya. We shall see...

Fed-Kun's army
Hope miya gets better

Thank you so much for the chapter, can't wait to read the next one πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’žπŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

Man I feel bad for miya her dad pretty much given koto more importance even tho she should understand a bit because koto might do something to hurt herself

@princess_daphie think theres a typo think the part when you write dads the girl I love her, dad should be replaced with koto?

Dex-chan lover
@hyperactivehedgehog

I feel like people who call him pedophile don't understand why pedophilia is such a bad thing nor do they understand that in this instance Kousuke hasn't taken any bad actions from our perspective. There were many moments where it was touch and go until the kiss in the park but in reality as observers who always knows all the facts Kousuke and Koto haven't done anything really wrong. The reason why these sort of things are frowned upon is because in a normal scenario we don't know what happens behind the scenes and we wouldn't know if Kousuke is taking advantage of Koto because as an adult he has an overwhelming amount of leverage on her. He could have coerced through any multitude of ways but we haven't observed that once in 54 chapters when it's actually been the other way around the majority of the time.

Let's go to koto, The only one who understands him, the only one who loves him beyond the differences that society wants to impose .... If they love each other that they don't give a damn about it, her daughter has chilled her and even sank into depression, people who don't want to understand it and who prefer that both live with eternal regrets are in the pure and unique judgment.

@TheDarthTaco @Keetonman In the Middle Ages they were only pedophiles so ... no but you have to open your mind a little ... this is not a trivial romance of a little schoolgirl excited, or a adult chasing a teenage girl, it's much deeper ... both have a connection that no one else has, neither koto's mother nor father's daughter ... me, I'm rather impressed and disappointed with conservative reactions of some who do not want to see other possibilities than the transgression of the "rules" established by the human race ...

Users who are viewing this thread