Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 7 Ch. 54 - Unforgivable

Dex-chan lover
Clusterfuck doesn't even begin to describe the situation. And lol at Miya saying she was trying to understand him and him betraying her "again". Like when she ran away from home? Or when she cooped herself in her room? Swear to god everything is about her lol. Girl need some irony slapped into her.

Edit: nice to see everyone calling out Miya on her hypocritical statement. And those calling Kousuke a pedophile or predator are braindead people that can only see things in black or white and misuses terms to prove their point. Also some people need to prove their superior morality lol.

>Pedophilia (alternatively spelt paedophilia) is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children.

Unless I'm reading the wrong manga, evey attempt at sex was initiated by Koto and Kousuke pretty much rejected it every fucking time. Heck, he even stated that he was willing to wait til she was in her legal age to initiate something more concrete and serious in their relationship.

@3ds1234 that's fair, even I am still on the fence of whether I should defend him but I do think he should be going for obvious reasons as I have stated even if it is stupid.

Although I am confused on why Miya defenders are saying Kousuke is abandoning her. One, she abandoned him twice: staying in her room for a year and running away with a guy she somewhat knows; and two, he literally says he is coming back in the morning.

Man, there are still some people who define pedo incorrectly.
Pedophilia is a sexual attention attraction towards underage kids, i.e. before mature sexually; start menstruating, change of voice, muscle growth, body hair, etc.

While in nature, men always attracted to women at their peak of fertility i.e. age 17-25 on average.
Men also gradually weaker sexually when they gets older, but on a substantially longer span.

Group Leader
@silverpetricof that's what I really liked in this chapter too. Kousuke having the balls to straight out say it, I like this girl, I know it's messed up, but that's how it is, now let me go try and help her out because she's in need of help and I may be the only one she'll trust. I think that's also what he meant when he said he was the only one who could save her. not that he has anything more than other people, not that he felt he could save her by his own hands, but that he was the only one who was caring enough and would listen to her, that she would trust.

@Sonaldo I agree with you on this. calling Kousuke a pedo is an intellectual shortcut that is too often done in today's society.

any person less than 18 = minor = child.
anyone 18+ having a relationship with a -18 = pedo

no regards to what the relationship really is. how it started. what happens between the two. etc. I also haven't seen any bad power dynamic or abuse in this story, coming from Kousuke. From other characters hell yeah though...

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit this comment sections. If only you all put the same effort on your thesis, research paper or something lol

I feel that the author write Miya as some sort of "This is how normal people will act" kind of a character, but I find her hard to relate to when she steals from her father, run off with some random guy, cooped up in her room all day, and now she acts like a diva and apparently she was trying to understand him and somehow his father is about to betray her "again"? Huh? Yeah sure, you go girl

I remembered, few days ago the author tweeted:

After having discussion with the editor, the editor said, "Let's do this. The readers will be decreased by 5%."

After reading this chapter and the comments, I think I understood what the editor means.

Dex-chan lover
@princess_daphie
Just a result of people misappropriating terms they have little to no understanding of to prove their moral superiority and superior intellect. Example includes incel, transphobia and most recently, simp.

I mean just look at all the comments in this chapter that refuses to look at thing in a wider perspective. Everything is either black or white to them.

Truth is father's love most of the time isn't unconditional. It's something you have to earn as many commenter already suggested since Miya is undeserved and ungraful.

She failed to earn her father's love and now he letting her go. That's the harsh reality.

Group Leader
Look, I don't agree with this guy, but he got his wife killed, abandoned by his daughter, no friends to talk to, gets labeled a workaholic social outcast because he's just trying his darn best using the only way he knows (working), and a possible sex offend that may or may not be justified. I don't care how emotionally strong you are, that Will take a toll on you, he just so happen to be the one who broke first. And I don't think I get the "He's abandoning his family and social life" argument. Abandon his family? The family that abandoned him, thrice? Abandon his social life? The same social life that call him a workaholic outcast and until thus have proof to be VERY unhelpful? I wouldn't pick the same option if I were him, but let me tell you it's not gonna be cut and dry.

Being an adult doesn't mean you're immune to this kind of thing, it just means you're suppose to take it instead of fighting back. "You're an adult, you should've known better" and poof goes any justification or context. Yeah m8, I know I'm getting into jail for this, but what's the difference between this and that? Nobody cares about me, at least somebody is cooking when I'm behind the bars. I'd even go as far as to say being a predator is the better option here seeing how at least then you can have someone to talk to.

I know I will talk to him if he ever gets stuck behind the bars, don't think his "friends" and "family" will tho.

i don't understand, i don't understand why yall blame him so much, you're an adult and you can take this much isn't a big deal? cool good to be you, but you know not everyone have that much pain tolerant as much as you someone have a heart as strong as iron and there is someone who have a glass heart, and having no one to at least understand a bit of it, its really sad. Yes he's wrong and all but i don't think he has to be hated that much

how bout kiisaragi who always trying to get him in problem in sexual ways (i know that when the mc finally accept it, its really retard, but he is a fuckin man that has a healthy function dick)

how bout his daughter that never trying to understand his father, no not understanding him at least be a good child to ease the burden of his father

how bout the society, his dead wife and everything

i trying my best to understand the comment in every chapter i try to read it but i can't

yes i'm not an adult yet it is fine for you to ignore this as a child argument lol, but its really sad to be him

Nope Kyannaa, your take is 100% legit. Anyone who tries to wear this man's shows even for a second wouldn't be so hasty to point fingers n' shiet

Fed-Kun's army
40 year old dude saying "he loves" a 15 year old girl, same age as his daughter.... big yikes. But of course, the self-inserts are going wild, wanting the dad to abandon his own daughter and actually "get with" the underage girl -_-

sure the MC's been under a lot stress/pressure from death of his wife, his daughter shutting herself in, work and so on... but he is hardly acting like an adult and his own actions are a large reason why things are so fcked for him. The reality is that stress is not an excuse when you are an adult and a parent.

It's true that he was also suffering from his wife's death and he was indeed in a low point in his life, but the dude didn't try and seek personal help for his grief, he never tried to deal with his stress or get advice on how to help his daughter as well as himself... dude just hid away in his work and let things stew for the worse

I mean, this dude is literally thinking to himself how fcked it is to be going out with an underage girl, kissing her and all that... yet he didn't bother to try and get help to deal with that such as with a therapist. And no, "waiting till she's legal" is still bad cause he's still having an emotional relationship with an underage girl. And he just kept seeing her despite knowing all this, and piled on the issues. Being "broken" does not justify his actions

He didn't truly try and help his daughter after the mother died, which is his role and responsibility as the adult and parent. He just left her in her room, and sure the kid needed some space but he just left her there for way too long. And by the time he did make real attempts to help/connect with her, she had basically become a stranger to him and then the whole shit with koto and him choosing to go on date with her <---- he failed as a father, if you have the child and are unable to take care of them without devolving into a person who can't make rational decisions, then let someone else take care of them

and now, how in hell is he actually just leaving his daughter like that? running away from his issues and responsibilities... to attempt to fulfill some delusion about how he is the only person on the planet who could ever help Koto. She needs actual REAL professional help and care, not ur creepy ass love that even you admit is fcked up and wrong

koto's a kid with a lot of her own issues and mental problems: from bad childhood, parent divorce, mother abuse, father abandonment and so on. This led her to try and seduce an older man, i.e. a father figure, to try and get some of the attention, care, love she is desperate for in her life right now. Also it's a sort of cry for help to an adult, as she wants to free herself from her abusive mother

note to the self-inserters who want the dad to date koto: that's actually the worst thing possible, koto needs actual help and not an unhealthy and messed up relationship with a person she's looking at as a father figure

also, the above doesn't excuse Koto's actions... she was seducing the dude, being incredibly manipulative, causing drama, but at least she does have her reasons for doing so. What it comes down to is that she's a mentally unstable child who desperately needs help

as for the daughter, who the some ppl think is the devil incarnate, yes she's been a stupid brat and running away like she did was incredibly dumb... but she's just a kid who lost her mother after which her relationship with her father completely broke down. The fact is that her dad never really tried to help her when he should have.

Ya she shut herself in, but it's the parents job to try to help the child, to offer guidance, to push them to not shut themselves away, to provide help from others and so on. The father should have done a much earlier and better job at trying to help or get help for his kid after the mother's death, he let things go on for way too long before he tried.

and then when her father finally did try to reconnect with her and help, and we saw it actually starting to work, she finds out he's a creep dating an underage girl... her friend no less. how else do you expect a kid to react to that? And let's put aside the underage part, just the dad suddenly dating someone new leaves her thinking things like her father is "replacing" her mother so soon after her death

again, running away was stupid, but you add on to the whole dating thing that the dad tried to run away from his problems with "oh let's move" after he was caught, and moving is a big thing for kids who have to deal with losing friends, changing schools, leaving their home and so on.

also, to the people who actually think that a child should be held responsible for the mental health and maturity of her father... just what?

Users who are viewing this thread