Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 7 Ch. 61 - The Days Go On...

Dex-chan lover
They haven't spoken in 5 months..the hell is he talking about decisions regard a future with this kid? 5 months of no contact seems like a decision to me.

@aleigh45 preach it, brother

Dex-chan lover
"oh no all my coworkers think I'm a crew because I am a creep :(((("

God he's such a pathetic character but I feel no pity for him.

Also I'm team "No Miya you don't need to forgive him."

Dex-chan lover
Last chapter Summary
Warning: Do not open if you want to avoid heavy spoiler
I warned You!!!
Kosuke met up with Kisaragi in her part-time job, Kousuke ordered a black coffee
On their way home together, Kisaragi teased Kousuke about his
black coffee
. Then, they stressed how much they missed each other, glad that they were able to meet each other at the coffee shop
When Kousuke told Kisaragi that he felt restless not being able to meet her and have to hold his feelings, Kisaragi then told him that she felt the same way
Then Kisaragi trying to cheer Kousuke, she told him that " tonight Tsuki ga Kirei"
Kisaragi then took the moon, ask Kousuke to took/save/hold it, so that he won't be lonely again
Kisaragi name 如月 is from the Kanji 月= Moon
They confess to each other...
They split up...(going home)
Kousuke monolog
He arrived at his front door and said "I'm home" THE END

Source: Komicast JP to ID translation

I feel bad for him. But yeah if he has the guts to do it, he needs to face it and prepare for any consequences.

Hope we will not have any disappointing ending.

Thank you for the translation Daphie

Dex-chan lover
Miya's friend lowkey being top tier character so far
let's hope that that image of him is not going to be destroyed later on in the series

Contributor
Yeah, he should probably try to look for another compagny.
They all look at him like he's a monster now. Well at least they left him alone at work, maybe it's better than having ppl annoying him all the time.

Honestly, I understand his circumstances but I still don’t feel much sympathy for him. She’s a high school girl for fucks sake so he’s a definite creep for allowing himself to be attracted to her beyond a superficial level, let alone get this far. He should have been immediately repulsed when realizing who she was because he saw her playing with his daughter when she was a literal primary schooler. The sad state of his life does not justify a romantic relationship with a minor no matter how bad it may be.

Dex-chan lover
I'm the sixty ninth comment!

Noice.

I still have the most sympathy for Kousuke though. Poor man

Edit: someone posted before me. I am not the 69th comment.

Dex-chan lover
@Siquall the moment he moves in a short time it's like confirming that the rumour was true, so when looking for a next job and someone gets called, he's f*ck.
so he can't move for some time and has to eat that environment... it's something called consequences. (if he was innocent he could try to show proof, but this isn't a case like that)

me thinking: last..chapter...???

*checks manga page*

61/62 chapters

me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO 😭

also, thank you @princess_daphie for sticking through this manga with us and translating it for us

Double-page supporter
Okay, so... I think Kosuke is a decent guy.
He's certainly not perfect in any way, and has made a lot of bad decisions, but that just makes him human.

After his wife died, he tried to do his best for his family the only way he knew: by throwing himself into his work to provide a decent living for himself and his daughter.

Unfortunately, that meant that he failed to help his daughter deal with her grief, and she became a shut-in.

When he connected with Kisaragi, he tried to get her to help his daughter, because he had then realised that just food on the table wasn't enough support.

Somewhere in all this, Kisaragi's loss of her father and difficult relation to her mother meant that she was more receptive to Kosuke's parental care than his own daughter. This is unfortunate, but understandable.

Even when Kisaragi very clearly wanted to take their relation further, Kosuke did not accept it even though he was tempted (remember, he lost his wife, and had no other source of physical comfort). I suspect that a lot of people might have chosen differently, even if they regretted it later.

He never did give in to this temptation, despite her turning up at his business trip and other situations. The only instance of mutual inappropriate physical contact was the kiss in the park, and that was after things had already started to fall apart.

He also tried to give Kisaragi emotional support in her relation to her mother, and in dealing with the loss of her father. I don't know if he did it very well, but I do think that this was instrumental to her eventually being able to face her mother properly.

Now, he feels rejected by his co-workers, because they believe that he simply took advantage of a highschool girl. He feels rejected by his daughter (because he pretty much is). Worst of all, he feels rejected by Kisaragi because she has not been in contact with him for months after he decided to make a commitment to her (I'm not saying that doing that was a great idea, at least not in the way it was done, but it happened).

He is essentially worse off now than when the story began, despite attempting to do the right thing. Not always succeeding, mind you, but trying to.

I feel bad for him, all things considered.

Fed-Kun's army
@sealand
"The sad state of his life does not justify a romantic relationship with a minor no matter how bad it may be."
You undoubtedly must have been really considering the circumstances in which he was bound. You know, he wasn't happy at all with his wife being deceased, working all day, barely getting enough money to support his household, and coming back home from working all day just to be welcomed by a shut-in daughter. Clearly, he wasn't in the mental state to think correctly about morals, for he was just desperate to find something to make him happy. Kisaragi (the high schooler) is that something that increased his dopamine levels; in that state of desperation, he made the imprudent decision of bettering his relationship with her to feel happier. I mean, he wanted higher dopamine levels, so he decided to get into a relationship.

Fed-Kun's army
Too many self inserts here, why bother reading the shit if its bothering you that much?

Aggregator gang
So now, he is socially isolated at his job, and his daughter still hates him.

A fitting end for a guy who wants to have a romantic relationship with a school age child.

Thanks for the translation @princess_daphie you are amazing and I appreciate your hard work in helping us to read this great story

Aggregator gang
He’s been ostracized from work, his family is considering abandoning him, he had no social life as no one wants to be associated with him.
The audacity of trying to pull Koto with him down that sad path lol

He get what he fucking deserved, why he even expect emotional support and maturity from a teen girl with mommy issues? Dude should go to therapy, get a new job and try to reconnect with her daughter, even if it takes all of his life.

Users who are viewing this thread