My Daughter Left the Nest and Returned as an S-Rank Adventurer - Ch. 33

Dex-chan lover
So stoked to see the anime of this work - hopefully they will be able to avoid these situations of "heavy-handedness".

Dex-chan lover
To be fair, logic or an argument isn't what she needs. Her criticism is in the hypocrisy of other religious figures. No logic or words would work because the problem is that they didn't follow their own logic or words. She needs to see them commit to their beliefs, which can only be proven with some kind of sacrifice. After all, people can say whatever they want until it costs them.
I do agree so far.

But the setup could be altered so neither of the two strong characters are right there. For example, Byaku could have wanted to tell something privately to Angie so they distanced themselves for a moment. Or you could have had the ambush start first on one end of the street, drawing their attention, and have someone sneak around from the other end.
No need to change the setting completely, but tweak it so it remains consistent.
Or at the very least, stick to the novel and depict Angie as mentally exhausted from keeping her vigilance up all day.
There were many options even with the same basic idea.

What you can't do is make a plot hole and hope that the readers of the novel will defend it. The manga is an adaptation and as such its content must be able to stand independently from the novel. (You can maybe complement it with the content of the novel, but it must still be a work that stands on its own.)

Dex-chan lover
I worry for Char and Byako and hope they will be ok... I feel for Char and her past and she genuinely regrets her actions and ya... hope she can live with our favorite Red Ogre and have a happy family life

Dex-chan lover
not the nun bro not one of the marriage candidates this is an unfair competition now her life might be cut short, advantage for the other candidates

Supporter
Angie, being so sneaky, getting family everywhere lol. Before it was getting tbe “Angie oneechan” now its the “Angie aneki”.

Dex-chan lover
For those wondering, Ange is greatly exhausted by this time cause she has been on vigil for a while for any ambush. Which is why her reaction was very slow when the guard attacked Char. Even Ange lampshades this in the LN.

The reason why the Guard did that will be revealed in a bit if the chapters aren't too slow.

So both father & daughter thinking the same, both bring a new family member as a suprise XD
Side note: Angie has a good eye for people, all of her mother candidate are a fine woman.
The best hasn't even been introduced yet. 👍 Bell actually got into some misunderstandings with a few of the Orphen peeps close to Ange when he visits Orphen in the future cause they thought he was the one asking Ange to find him a wife 🤣

Dex-chan lover
For those wondering, Ange is greatly exhausted by this time cause she has been on vigil for a while for any ambush. Which is why her reaction was very slow when the guard attacked Char. Even Ange lampshades this in the LN.
And this is bad writing.
You can't make a manga out of a novel, leave blatant plot holes and hope that people read the novel to fill the gaps.
In many cases, there are enough differences between the two media that the reasons mentioned in the source novel can't apply to the manga adaptation.

(Note that this can work when talking about different supports telling different parts of a story, to some extent. Like Star Wars movies making references to Star Wars TV series and vice-versa. It doesn't work at all in the case of direct adaptations though.)

If fatigue is the cause of her slow reaction, it needs to be depicted in the manga. Readers of the manga don't need to be told they must go read a different work to get the context. As it stands here, she seemed fine and the priestess was faster than her. It's all inconsistent as the guard was slow enough that a non-combattant reacted fast enough to shield Charlotte but fast enough that a S-rank adventurer known for her speed couldn't react in time. No visible context is justifying this other than LN readers claiming that "the LN makes more sense".

Also, what's the point of being on high alert if you can't react on time when the ambush does come?
By the time she realizes she's too tired to continue, they should have stayed in a safe place. Like the clothes shop.

Dex-chan lover
One detail and everyone is losing their minds...

Still, the writing here Is far better that most mangas in market.

And I think this could be "fix" just erasing a panel of the sword and putting more action línea to show speed. She let her guard down for a momento because a) they are guarda b) almost nobody would attack a member of that cult in that down.

Always a pleasure reading this story. I hope it some day reaches my country to buy It.

Dex-chan lover
Also, what's the point of being on high alert if you can't react on time when the ambush does come?
By the time she realizes she's too tired to continue, they should have stayed in a safe place. Like the clothes shop.
The point here being this was a learning experience for Ange in asking for help, which again should be shown in the next few chapters, instead of trying to tackle a problem like this alone. This gets lampshaded by the other characters as well after she told them what really happened.
Fact is, Ange was too strong she mever felt the need to ask for help. Even with her teammates, it's only somewhat recently she got closer to them (which is why them being orphans and from an irphanage was something Ange learned alongside the readers). She's strong and all but she's very green in common life experiences and the story is also partly about how she becomes more and more humane as she experiences new stuff.

Dex-chan lover
One detail and everyone is losing their minds...
I'm not losing my mind, but I like to point out what I find bad, or exceptionally good. And justify it.
That's what comment sections are for, isn't it?
Still, the writing here Is far better that most mangas in market.
I agree that the story overall is pretty good. Not perfect, but way above average.
Characters feel alive, they have motivations, morals, flaws and most of the time behave in-character.

That doesn't mean I should silently accept when it goes wrong.

Dex-chan lover
I know this chapter is supposed to paint Rosetta in a positive light, but god do I not feel it. Telling someone who clearly doesn't have faith in your god "I want you to pray anyways" immediately after apologizing for overstepping is just about the least empathetic shit you can do.

Also talk about a complete failure by Angie. Strongest person in the world and you can't stop some shmuck swinging a sword five feet away from you.

Edit: I don't care if it's portrayed better in the ln because I'm not reading the ln. If the manga fails to properly adapt something it's still a failure on the part of the media.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I hope the priest lady doesn't die :c

Hopefully soon we get to see her dad raising new baby. I'm kinda excited to see him teach the kiddo about food, feeling safe and comfort and big warm hugs. 🥺

Dex-chan lover
Father like Daughter both trying to recruiting new family members also still surprised that they ignored the fact the kid killed ppl

Users who are viewing this thread