My Dearest Nemesis - Ch. 23 - Please move.

Fed-Kun's army
just as i finished the previous chapter, perfect timing

edit: seeing jiang trying to work out what's wrong is really funny. looking forward to how she navigates this

thanks for the TL! the image quality is definitely better but it has too much white space on the sides, might be better to trim it off? with regards to the font, i prefer this one as it is more readable to me compared to the previous one

Last edited:
You might want to watch/read some tutorials on the art of comic lettering. Often times in this chapter the dialogue is very awkwardly placed within the speech bubbles, either feeling awkwardly off center, leaving uneven whitepace or getting really close to the edges of the bubble. The previous scanlation group did a very good job of this, and it's something that isn't immediately obvious but really affects the experience a lot.

Group Leader
You might want to watch/read some tutorials on the art of comic lettering. Often times in this chapter the dialogue is very awkwardly placed within the speech bubbles, either feeling awkwardly off center, leaving uneven whitepace or getting really close to the edges of the bubble. The previous scanlation group did a very good job of this, and it's something that isn't immediately obvious but really affects the experience a lot.
I'll definitely do some research before the next chapter, thank you!

Group Leader

edit: seeing jiang trying to work out what's wrong is really funny. looking forward to how she navigates this

thanks for the TL! the image quality is definitely better but it has too much white space on the sides, might be better to trim it off? with regards to the font, i prefer this one as it is more readable to me compared to the previous one
Totally fair, I was playing around with the formatting and am still learning the ropes. Thank you!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Seriously, stubbornly digging your heels in here does not make you look good. You're burning your bridges.

I don't even agree with the ultra-orthodox "no sniping" (I think it's justified in some cases), but you do have to try to communicate with the original team at least. Though the way you're conducting yourself now, like a bull in a china shop, it wouldn't surprise me if it was too late already now.

Fed-Kun's army
is the drama gonna actually pick up now?

On a diff note
I'm really happy and thankful to see that a series i really enjoy is getting updates albeit in a different quality as the Og TL with the pages bein a bit unaligned and some text stuff

I 100% see the issue with this whole sniping stuff and i understand the negative feedback behind it, I think that part at the start is a bit unneeded and a bit far tbh, no need to drag this typa stuff.

But I think your doin a really good job so far! and keep doing your thing. Just try to understand why some ppl are unhappy that your translating this series tho.

Dex-chan lover
Welp, we've seem this pattern before, this kind of situation is what makes many groups drop a series, then soon enough the sniper also drops the series because either they got bored or the compliments dried up, and so once more a series get abandoned for years.

Unfortunately some entitled kids still can't get a clue why sniping is bad.

I also retract what I said before, this isn't done in good faith.

Only saving grace is that I don't think Office Lady Officers will drop the series, though I honestly wouldn't blame them since there's just way too many ungrateful people even after all the hard work they've put.

Dex-chan lover
I personally do not like the current font. Probably because I'm more used to typical comic fonts like Wild Words or Anime Ace.
Agree on that. Fonts have a huge impact as they help imagine the voices of characters better, and with this font even though the translation is pretty good - it still feels like a MTL-rushed-job and brings down the overall quality.

Ore

Dex-chan lover
GWhvFpp.png

Dex-chan lover
I 100% see the issue with this whole sniping stuff and i understand the negative feedback behind it, I think that part at the start is a bit unneeded and a bit far tbh, no need to drag this typa stuff.
I mean, it's like in a yuri manga: you need to talk to each other, otherwise you're going to get unnecessary drama, misunderstandings and hurt feelings.

If you think the translation takes to long and you think you can help: contact the original team, offer your help. Talk to each other, then work together. Everybody wins.

Dex-chan lover
The juicy drama. Figure it out Jiang! Ya goober! Give the tiger proper love!

Juicy drama off the court too. Pretend it's not real and do as please. It sucks for both of you but bridge has collapsed into the deepest darkest part of the ocean :(

Aggregator gang

Seconded^

Aggregator gang
See the thing is, I don’t understand the sniping thing either. I’m also ND, but that’s not the only thing. I need someone to define it. First though, I approve of you improving, and working on a series you like enough to do so. I imagine some scanlator teams spread themselves thin and some series get a lil dusty, so it might inspire some new scanlators. Which multiple scanlations of the same series exist on this site. Which makes me feel it’s sharing a platform & series issue. But am I wrong? Is this is a resource/scarcity issue? If not, why tf does any of it matter. Let other people cook. If your work is more preferable to readers, they’ll read it. Shit I had the other chapter they did right after OP’s to read and compare for my liking. Clearly OP got some improvements to make but baby steps.

Fed-Kun's army
See the thing is, I don’t understand the sniping thing either. I’m also ND, but that’s not the only thing. I need someone to define it. First though, I approve of you improving, and working on a series you like enough to do so. I imagine some scanlator teams spread themselves thin and some series get a lil dusty, so it might inspire some new scanlators. Which multiple scanlations of the same series exist on this site. Which makes me feel it’s sharing a platform & series issue. But am I wrong? Is this is a resource/scarcity issue? If not, why tf does any of it matter. Let other people cook. If your work is more preferable to readers, they’ll read it. Shit I had the other chapter they did right after OP’s to read and compare for my liking. Clearly OP got some improvements to make but baby steps.
To explain, it's largely just better etiquette to cordially ask, "hey, are you still working on this? If not can I take it over?", as opposed to somewhat blindsiding someone by not communicating at all. If there's still total creative differences after the fact, then that's just how it is and life goes on. The point is just opening a channel of communication beforehand out of politeness. It's a gesture of goodwill on an external party's part to meet halfway and acknowledge others before diverging or potentially working together. There's socially a difference between 'cooking' separately, and 'cooking' separately but perceptually storming into the same kitchen to do so (as tenuous as a comparison as that is)

Is this adequate enough of an explanation?

Users who are viewing this thread