My Dog Becomes a Human - Ch. 26 - My Dog Becomes Human (Uruha's Memories Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
I don't quite understand her circumstances. Why even move to a place where they don't allow pets in the first place if you intended on keeping the dog? Honestly, why even let the ex-boyfriend keep the pet to begin with if you intended to fully break up and had no plans on seeing him again?

I don't exactly know what it's like in Japan, but it seems like the ex-girlfriend didn't think things through too much when it comes to pet ownership.
Not defending her because I find something sus with her, but it's not crazy that she might not have been able to find a place that allowed pets and was within her budget if the breakup was sudden. And Uruha wasn't a small dog, so that's another potential limitation since I know some American apartments at least ban larger dogs.

That said, she's definitely suspicious and I don't trust her. Something about her reactions felt a bit too desperate, and not because she was sad to part with Uruha. That smile with the sweatdrop on pages 6 and 7 just feels off to me.

Not defending her because I find something sus with her, but it's not crazy that she might not have been able to find a place that allowed pets and was within her budget if the breakup was sudden. And Uruha wasn't a small dog, so that's another potential limitation since I know some American apartments at least ban larger dogs.

That said, she's definitely suspicious and I don't trust her. Something about her reactions felt a bit too desperate, and not because she was sad to part with Uruha. That smile with the sweatdrop on pages 6 and 7 just feels off to me.
Was about to say this, if the separation happened quickly, there are plenty of reasons why you'd end up in an apartment that doesn't allow pets despite trying.

That's not to say she should have much of a claim to Uruha now, but for other reasons.

Anyway, damn you, onion-ninjas.

Dex-chan lover
Not defending her because I find something sus with her, but it's not crazy that she might not have been able to find a place that allowed pets and was within her budget if the breakup was sudden.
Was about to say this, if the separation happened quickly, there are plenty of reasons why you'd end up in an apartment that doesn't allow pets despite trying.
What do you mean "Sudden break up"? She had perfect control of the time, place, and manner. She didn't care enough about the guy to stay, and she didn't care enough about the dog to prepare to bring him along.

Dex-chan lover
Hold up, so was the earlier chapter way back translated wrong? I thought she left without intending to take Uruha back eventually, but here she says it always was her plan to take him back.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that she got snubbed. Taking care of a pet is not something you should do on a whim, it's literally getting a new family member. She definitely didn't seem like a responsible person.
she prolly changed her mind on a whim b/c given the amount of dogs we've seen it can't be /that/ hard to find an apartment that allows pets (tho i wonder how diff the rules have changed with the new human transformation, but not like they could do proper jobs so i'd hope they wouldn't charge more rent for a human-dog since they wouldn't need a full room to themselves XD)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
URUHA BEST BOY :glee:
I felt such catharis when Noriaki stood up for himself and asserted his ownership for Uruha right when he might have been taken away, and of course for our gentle cotton ball doofus answering his call.

On the other hand her parting tears after Uruha chose to go home with Noriaki on page 11 and vow to not give up on him does make me feel like she truly does want Uruha back for real. However, ghosting her Ex and Dog just to come scoop him back up later is not the way. If she truly wants Uruha returned she'll need to earn him back with time, labor, and care. One way for the author I see out of this drama might be if she stumbles across another stray dog-turned-human to replace Uruha at her new home.

Thanks for the TL.

Dex-chan lover
Like I'm seeing people jump to attack her and people also semi defending her but as a Dog owner myself and as someone who has experience with Toxic dog owners additionally. I'm looking at it this way (as well as from what we know):

Noriaki mentions that she broke up with him and left them both, so the excuse that the break up was sudden and she couldn't find a dog friendly place is not as valid since she chose when to break up and leave.

Someone I know (and frankly hate) in my family has pulled similar things as well with dogs he has bought them and seemed to care for them at the time but then very easily leaves the dog with his partner when he chooses to leave. For no apparent reason (in this case he's even worse cuz he doesn't even bother with the no dogs allowed excuse, he tends to just get a new dog, though sometimes he comes back from a trip and asks for the old dog back also, but for various reasons like how the pedigree was high or whatever).

Another similar situation is with my sister who does not take care of a dog she bought and it ends up being me or other family members who pay for things and care for the dog but then she will come back and say he's hers when she wants to show off or act a certain way in fro m t of friends.

Basically Noriaku GF has some aspects of each from what we seen. She didn't seem to really care enough before as she was caught up in her own stuff. From what we know she hasn't even been back to visit in a while, but suddenly decided she wanted Uruha back. Why now specifically also? Conveniently when he's become human? Is it as a status symbol or something? And additionally Uruha knows that Home is with Noriaki. Which kind of made me think about how even though the dog I mentioned with my sis is very anxious and tends to really only let her pick him up at times, he for some reason gravitated more towards staying with me. He will come hang out with me and even run away from my sister and hide in my place from her more often than not.

Dex-chan lover
This is so badly written lol. The ex is written in such a shallow and terrible person that there's no other way out of predicting this. The dilemma problem is shallow as hell.

What a terrible arc, compared to the wholesome like the one with grandpa.

Dex-chan lover
given the amount of dogs we've seen it can't be /that/ hard to find an apartment that allows pets (tho i wonder how diff the rules have changed with the new human transformation, but not like they could do proper jobs so i'd hope they wouldn't charge more rent for a human-dog since they wouldn't need a full room to themselves XD)
Given that the new dogs have the minds of animals and the capable bodies of humans... owning one is closer to owning a chimpanzee than owning a real-life dog. In other words, it's actually gotten a lot more dangerous to both humans and property, and the only reason it's allowed at all is probably that there are so many dog owners who would riot. The deposits or pet fees on places that do allow pets have probably skyrocketed. They probably have to buy special insurance.

Then again, the author probably doesn't want to confront the implications with that much realism, so maybe not.

Dex-chan lover
I was right, she wanted to keep him but ended up at a place without pets allowed. I don’t think she’s bad for wanting her dog back, it’s sad to see somebody snubbed by a pet they love but that’s how it had to go.

Even if she's right in wanting her dog back, its wholly irresponsible behavior on her part not only because the place she's moving to initially didn't allow pets, but just forcing someone to take care of them for an extended period without either monetary compensation, an actual time table for when she'd return, or even coming by to check to see the status of the animal is just self centered behavior.

Dex-chan lover
This is so badly written lol. The ex is written in such a shallow and terrible person that there's no other way out of predicting this. The dilemma problem is shallow as hell.

What a terrible arc, compared to the wholesome like the one with grandpa.
You'd be amazed how human this kind of person is. A lot of people who buy pets on a whim are statistically more likely to abandon them or try to rehome them. The chapter we actually see the background it was exactly that, and honestly it was kinda a checkov's gun from the getgo.

Dex-chan lover
Hold up, so was the earlier chapter way back translated wrong? I thought she left without intending to take Uruha back eventually, but here she says it always was her plan to take him back.
Or she might be gaslighting him now. She's shown to be perfectly fine lying to get what she wants (pretending to have a treat) - why trust anything she says?

Users who are viewing this thread