My Dog Becomes a Human - Ch. 27 - My Dog Becomes a Human (Husky vs Baby)

Dex-chan lover
It doesn't matter how kid friendly your dog is if your kid isn't dog friendly; it works both fucking ways so don't leave one with the other till yer kid is old enough and has been properly taught how to interact with dogs.

That being said can we get a nanny breed like a Staffy now? Those happy little fucks are abnormally patient with kids.

Dex-chan lover
Lads, I know it's cute but NEVER, EVER trust your pets with toddlers and babies. No matter how many trust you have with your companions, always supervised them

Dex-chan lover
I think it depends on the dog? You're right about how it is a gamble to see if the dog will be good around babies or not. I think this chapter was meant to show how "all dogs are trusted" no matter if human form. Some pet owners are very blind to this
Even the most saintly dog will retaliate if it is touched in a bad spot, you are really counting on the dog being able to keep their face away from the baby's hands, and if the baby is strong enough to handle toys it gets worse because they can use them to "accidentally" poke the dog (except pocking and bashing things is part of the exploration process of a baby, but the baby doesn't understands that hitting others is bad, it is a baby)

Don't leave babies alone with dogs, babies are not responsible, and if they hurt a dog, you are gambling on the dog not doing anything on reflex

For anyone else a reflex bite is nothing, but babies are delicate, a reflex bite can hurt them, nothing major, and babies heal fast, but why even allow the scenario to take place in the first place? just don't leave them alone, you are essentially having 2 kids unsupervised

Dex-chan lover
Ponta: "I want you gone, but not like this. I'll make you disappear in my own way!"

But yeah, like some have already said: until your kid isn't a dickhead to dogs, don't leave them alone with the dog. If your kid already knows that you shouldn't touch anyone in the eyes or stick a finger in their nose or hit them, then they can be left alone with a dog, as long as your dog doesn't hate babies.

I have a small niece and when she was that age, she didn't know how to interact with dogs, so instead of petting them, she would slap them (lack of strength control, I guess) and that made her aunt's dog not like her. If my niece went near that dog, the dog would growl at her and that happened enough times that, for my niece, dogs don't bark, they growl :kek:
Nothing ever happened, because she was always supervised and now as a 2-year-old, she kinda knows how to pet a dog and is earning that dog's trust back slowly. I say kinda, because she softly and slowly puts her hand on the dog (usually on the back) and then moves her hand. Kinda like in the way you would do when cleaning with a rag :kek:

I think that as long as a baby understand that you shouldn't put a finger in anyone's eyes nor in anyone's nose, the dog is super chill and also at least medium-sized, then they can be left alone with a child. A baby doesn't have enough strength to hurt a medium-sized dog, unless they go for the eyes, nose, oh, or ears, or private parts. As long as they don't go for those, a chill dog will keep being chill.

Aggregator gang
As many comments have already pointed out, leaving a dog and a baby alone is a very bad idea!
But as another interesting point: whether by design or by coincidence, the vast majority of mammals make similar sounding cries as babies. It's shockingly common for animals of all sorts to react or respond to a human baby crying. Cats have been recorded jumping into the cribs of crying babies to soothe them with purrs. Howling dogs like Ponta really do howl in response, though people disagree on if it's just an instinctual reply or if they're actually trying to offer some form of comfort. Even wild animals seem to freak out if they hear a baby crying! Truly, nothing brings mammals together quite like the panic of "oh god why is it crying"

Dex-chan lover
Damn, Ponta was way more dog this chapter than usual. You'd think he'd vocalize something

Dex-chan lover
Ponta was really contemplating stomping the kid out to return to status quo.

Ponta taking it out on the stuffed animal might of been a threat. Looks like Saturn devouring his child right there .

Thanks for the chapter

Still wondering what the fuck was up with that bitch trying to take the dog she abandoned back from her Ex.

Dex-chan lover
Ponta was about to commit infanticide, surely that's enough of a reason to not leave pets alone with babies, especially ones they're not used to. Although his protective side was strong in this case, he still probably would have dropped the kid in a toilet or trash can if allowed to continue, just to be done with him. I suppose the praise of saving the baby could have been enough to positively reinforce protective actions going forward in a fictitious way, but still a thing these people should have been more weary of.

I guess I'll call this one a net positive of +1 just because our boy learned a lesson today.

Dex-chan lover
I know that baby is going to be a hardcore gamer because of page 13.

Dex-chan lover
I have never been fond of babies. This chapter has not changed my mind. Pets are still far superior.

I love dogs but it is a terrible idea to leave a baby alone with a dog. I wouldn't even leave a baby with a cat either. They maybe cuddly and sweet animals but they are still animals. And may decide not to tolerate a baby pulling on their ear or tail. I mean have you seen how some dogs and cats discipline their pups/kittens? A human baby is much more frail than those pups/kittens.

Users who are viewing this thread