My Girlfriend's Not Here Today - Vol. 5 Ch. 24 - A Longing Heart

Dex-chan lover
I'm not here for predictions. I'm here for the ride! (Though I do favour a Fuuko/Yuni ending). There is a chance Fuuko doesn't say what Yuni likely expects though. We'll see. Ignoring the morals of the situation, I am least interested in Nanase. She doesn't move the needle for me, and is mostly a side character to Yuni and Fuuko.
the two mosy worthless characters in the story and you think they are the MCs? Nanase ain’t just a side character but what did i expect from an whole forum thirsting for NTR garbage like cheating

Dex-chan lover
They are all wrong (the three of them, nanase, fuuko, and yuni), but it's totally obvious that the yuni and nanase thing isn't going to work. Yuni is looking for love and understanding, but with Nanase she will never find it.
Fuuko is the perfect girl for Yuni, she gave her everything that Nanase couldn't give her. The maximum advance that the incoherent woman made was telling her friend about the relationship they have.

And that is the only possible ending in which everyone is happy. Yuni and Fuuko together, without cheating (Yuni would no longer have reasons to cheat, she having what she wanted), and Nanase will be with her most precious love: the volleyball club.
that is such a garbage way to view a victim of being cheated! BLAME THE VICTIM EVEN MORE! brother i HOPE you get cheated in REAL LIFE

once again ignoring the actual content of the story, the more subtle symbolism is incredibly cool. I noted before that yuzuki's profile picture (pfp) was the moon and that she was probably the one who led to fuuko's moon and stars analogy she told to yuni. I only now noticed that the rest of their pfp's are notable as well. Nanase's is quite simple as far as i can tell; its a volleyball and we already know that she loves volleyball a lot. Yuni's is presumably the apple-strawberry drink she wanted to get with nanase on a date at the beginning of the story. quite interestingly, she doesnt have a pfp until after the second chapter or so although she even more notably has the drink as her pfp when nanase reads her texts after practice (meaning she had this drink as her pfp either immediately after asking nanase out on a date or even before that). When we look at nanase's pfp, we understand the importance of volleyball to her, and through yuni's pfp we can infer the importance of her relationship with nanase to her (it is definitely not out of love for the drink since she hasnt even tried it!). in fuuko's pfp we find a dove, which is commonly either used for symbolic freedom or symbolic peace. I think there's a case for it representing freedom but i think reading it as a symbol of peace is way more interesting considering the deep irony of such. Fuuko is the driving force for the plot and is the initiator of the main conflict of the story (there are totally arguments against this, but ultimately fuuko was the one who started this all even if it was yuni who let it happen) and as such, having a symbol of peace as her pfp is contradictory. Not sure if Yuki's pfp is shown ever so no comment on hers. Actually the lack of text conversations between nanase and yuki is interesting in its own way. theres definitely something there about the most pure relationship being the one that only takes place (from our perspective) in person.

Could totally write a whole essay about this crap. everytime i spot a cool literary detail i look for more of it and find separate equally cool literary devices

Dex-chan lover
The tonal shift is interesting, though initially a little jarring because of the expectation of some other shoe to drop. Which, still might, but this chapter... at least as far as the growth of one of the leads goes, seemed almost hopeful in some odd way?
Looking forward to seeing how it plays out and where the swerves will be.

Dex-chan lover
As a Yuni x Fuuko enjoyer, this was a great chapter. And I cannot wait for the mess that's waiting for us in the future.
Kinda wish Yuni would ditch Nanase a bit quicker though, we all know it's never gonna work.
On another note, middle school Fuuko was already stacked it seems. Smh.
Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Actually the lack of text conversations between nanase and yuki is interesting in its own way. theres definitely something there about the most pure relationship being the one that only takes place (from our perspective) in person.

Could totally write a whole essay about this crap. everytime i spot a cool literary detail i look for more of it and find separate equally cool literary devices
That's a really good point, especially given the heavy influence social media and the opinions on it have shaped a significant part of the story.

Dex-chan lover
once again ignoring the actual content of the story, the more subtle symbolism is incredibly cool. I noted before that yuzuki's profile picture (pfp) was the moon and that she was probably the one who led to fuuko's moon and stars analogy she told to yuni. I only now noticed that the rest of their pfp's are notable as well. Nanase's is quite simple as far as i can tell; its a volleyball and we already know that she loves volleyball a lot. Yuni's is presumably the apple-strawberry drink she wanted to get with nanase on a date at the beginning of the story. quite interestingly, she doesnt have a pfp until after the second chapter or so although she even more notably has the drink as her pfp when nanase reads her texts after practice (meaning she had this drink as her pfp either immediately after asking nanase out on a date or even before that). When we look at nanase's pfp, we understand the importance of volleyball to her, and through yuni's pfp we can infer the importance of her relationship with nanase to her (it is definitely not out of love for the drink since she hasnt even tried it!). in fuuko's pfp we find a dove, which is commonly either used for symbolic freedom or symbolic peace. I think there's a case for it representing freedom but i think reading it as a symbol of peace is way more interesting considering the deep irony of such. Fuuko is the driving force for the plot and is the initiator of the main conflict of the story (there are totally arguments against this, but ultimately fuuko was the one who started this all even if it was yuni who let it happen) and as such, having a symbol of peace as her pfp is contradictory. Not sure if Yuki's pfp is shown ever so no comment on hers. Actually the lack of text conversations between nanase and yuki is interesting in its own way. theres definitely something there about the most pure relationship being the one that only takes place (from our perspective) in person.

This piece was as interesting as all the hate comments. One of the reasons reading the post for this manga is so much fun. Good job. 😁

And as some have said, I just think all the characters have flawed personalities. Though after seeing how Fuuko's mother interacted with her I'm more sympathetic to here as an character. Still don't like Nanase, don't like airheads like her at all. That's a meathead allright. 🤣

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation (the discourse surrounding Yuni is...fascinating. Still, I like everyone for how interesting they are rather than what they do is deemed good/bad or right/wrong).

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the TL! Love this series, high drama all the time.

Power Uploader
Not sure if Yuki's pfp is shown ever so no comment on hers. Actually the lack of text conversations between nanase and yuki is interesting in its own way. theres definitely something there about the most pure relationship being the one that only takes place (from our perspective) in person.

Yuki and Nanase text all the time. She's often shown giggling at Yuki's texts, even in the presence of Yuni.

As for Fuuko's pfp, I think it comes from the kanji in her name : 風羽 (breeze caused by wings flapping).

As for Yuni's pfp : page 12 of chapter 2. She sips the parfait... as an indirect kiss with Fuuko. And that's when she changes her pfp to the drink.

Glad you all enjoyed the release.

I saved this series from MTL because I love it.

I don't understand how some people can prefer MTL over a proper translation, just because it comes out faster.

Dex-chan lover
Alright, I said before that I still ship Yuni x Nanase. But I guess Yuni just couldn't get Fuuko out of her head. Yuni just keeps getting annoyed of even little things. Now it feels like she's just finding reasons to break up with Nanase and go back to Fuuko. It's like she's convincing herself by muttering all these things and feel like Nanase is the one who's completely in the wrong. She's self pitying herself. The whole reason she gets hurt is herself. She's alone all by herself, feeling lonely and then blames everything on Nanase. How is it Nanase's fault that she doesn't have anyone to talk to? Nanase has future plans for her career and she does give her time. But their relationship ain't gonna work anymore ig.

I hope Nanase finds someone better too or maybe, somehow, the things get sorted between the two. But idk about that.

Anyways, that's that ig. I just hope everyone has somewhat a happy conclusion. But who knows what'll happen.
oh yeah, I guess the fact that Nanase didn't give a flying shit was Yuni's fault, too lmao. It's fine to not have time for relationships, but don't pretend that relationship where 1 person don't do anything and another having to initiate everything is normal (spoiler - it's not, it's not normal)

Dex-chan lover
I honestly think if Yuni and Fuuko become a thing, Yuni is just going to start blaming Fuuko for her unhappiness and move on to the next girl.
were you sleeping on this manga? lmao

Dex-chan lover
Now that she finally spend time with her, Yuni realized that Nanase isn't what she thought she was. Good... But why didn't you just dump her ass before running to Fuuko? You had one mission, Yuni! ONE!!!! And you fucked it up 🙄
i reaaaally hope that it's gonna happen soon. This situation could get resolved much easier lmao

Dex-chan lover
Don't forget people, as the author said previously, he/she is trying to put in the cheating as much as possible but their editor is reigning them in. So this is an NTR story through and though. I expect absolutely no redemption for Fuuka and Yuni or break up with Nanase and she will continue to suffer till the very end. Expect more cheating and vile behaviour going forward since it looks like Mangaka got the "go ahead" from the editor after this chapter.
Nanase deserves it. After causing so much suffering to her own gf (most people seems to forget why Yuni even cheated to begin with) she def deserves it. Don't even try to change my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread