My Home Hero - Vol. 17 Ch. 150 - Being a Family (Part 2 Finale)

Here we go again, more kubo wank and the story dragging for another uncessary part 3, seriously what is there to even tell, why let Kubo live when the guy has served his purpose long ago, just end the story there, there is nothing to possibly say or do storywise at this point, just end it with dignity, this whole village arc was already pushing now what ? Tetsuo has to escape the japanese gouvernment ? Get real. Or just make a spin off about Kubo and let Tetsuo live his family life in peace since Kubo is clearly his favorite character considering his insane amount of plot armor.
You will still read it I bet :meguusmug:
----------------------

Many thanks to the scanlators, this has been wild ride of an arc. Looking forward to seeing what happens next

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Oh yes, Reika will definitely catch the Mary Sue villain with all five of her braincells.

Dex-chan lover
It feels appropriate to point out that the cover with Kubo is for volume 20, and we're at volume 17 currently.

Dex-chan lover
Really now, she is gonna go around trying to sniff Kubo and then find out all the shit her dad had to do just to keep his family safe, oh man part 3 is gonna be hilarious

Also Kubo MVP, single-handedly got rind of 90% of Tetsuo's problems, he is kind of a deus ex machina in that sense, how convenient that he turned out to be a deranged mass murderer who got rid of a whole village who would otherwise hunt and ruin Tetsuo's life, and then ended dragging the syndicate down and also being pinned as the one behind everything

Tetsuo better make a secret shrine to Kubo

Aggregator gang
Thanks a lot for your time in translating My Home Hero and 100-man no Inochi

Kubo is right up there as one of my fav antagonists, along with Sato from Ajin and Akira from Psychometer Eiji (same artist as My Home Hero)!

Dex-chan lover
Keep in mind that in between his confrontation with Tosu and the sword guy, Kubo had a lot of time to rest up. He started at night and was killing people all throughout it, and then the massacre didn't require much effort on his part. After killing the old lady he decided not to kill more villagers and instead meet with Tetsuo. When Tetsuo is farming, it's the morning, so it's probably been a couple of hours and he can move his arms again. The other stuff is crazy but yeah I'm assuming the syndicate had an escape plan for him (I'm sure at least one person knew the kind of guy that Kubo was).

Still, I don't see enough people talking about how Kubo and Tetsuo are actually perfect reflections of each other. Tetsuo's wits and Kubo's strength and skills are both their honed, impeccable weapons which they use to kill others with. Before this arc, I wouldn't have ever thought that he would take such a central role in the themes of the story, but the writer really made it work.
Theory time. He managed to get help from outside and part theee will be Tetsuo fighting against Kubo and that someone else. Maybe his friends from middle east?

Dex-chan lover
Part 2 was a bit weaker than the 1st part, due to the last few chapters. Went a bit wonky after Genchiro died, but otherwise pretty enjoyable. Not sure what part 3 will be about, but looking forward to it.

Fed-Kun's army
Uuoooooogghhhh...
What a tense ending
How could a conversation be so tense and Tetsuo getting his name as a chapter is so cool
Is he lucky to get stabbed by the sword

What a story it has been.. definitely buying the whole series and put it on a shelf

Thank you for the scanlation

Contributor
Are you going to continue TL?
I heard that "K Manga" is going to simulpublish "My Home Hero".
Most scanlation groups quit after knowing their series got picked up by them.

Users who are viewing this thread