My Little Sister Stole My Fiancé: The Strongest Dragon Favors Me and Plans to Take Over the Kingdom? - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

we need more haughty dragon pls. human is ok, but dragon form is the kayuuuuuuuuuuuuuutest. can he do tricks, i wonder

Thanks for the chapter!
Seems the Prince is getting his just desserts. Why the hell did he think it didn't matter which daughter he married as long as he married one of them? Also, considering his marriage partner's actions reflect onto him why didn't he look into the temperament of Luna to verify whether or not she was like her sister? Should have stayed with Eliana as had met her several times and gotten to know her making her a known quantity while Luna was an unknown prospect along with being suspicious on why a switch would be suggested that would stain the reputation of Eliana if it went through?
As for Eliana seems Jill is genuinely happy to be with her and becoming friends despite Dryads not liking humans much due to humans' habit of cutting down numerous trees without a care or planting new ones. Wouldn't be surprised if made friends with a Naiades (river or lake nymph) or Sylph (air element spirit) or some other supernatural creature that usually hates humans. Looking forward to it.

BTW While Luna is a selfish, conniving, piece of trash who happily watched her sister go sacrifice herself I think the comments on the prince and father are getting a little too harsh. Yes, I agree should have talked with Eliana in private about how she really feels and told her she shouldn't sacrifice herself along with protecting her rep and stomping out rumors. However, after rereading this a few times I noted a few things didn't first time. 1) She never said what she wanted, just went along with flow quietly and obediently like a doll. 2) If that idiot Luna could tell she didn't love the prince or have any interest in marrying him then the prince and father definitely noticed too. So likely rather than feel Eliana is an interchangeable part were trying to be considerate by not forcing her into a loveless marriage while switching the fiance role to Luna who stated she loved the prince and all for it. 3) Men aren't mind readers. They probably thought she had made up her mind and seeing how she handled affairs probably assumed it would be impossible to change her mind. Granted they should have talked with her and expressed didn't want to see her sacrifice herself but considering how composed she always is how in the world would they know that she wanted them to tell her not to go? In any case looks like being with Jill and Greed is getting her to open up more and feel emotions which is far better than her public mask of being an emotionless and dutiful doll.

Double-page supporter
@Mathiason I would disagree about the assessment on the father, just because she made up her mind and didn't really state her feelings out loud it's ok to just send her to her death? no father in their right mind wouldn't TRY to talk her out of this even if she had made it abundantly clear that she wanted to die, to me it seems more like he is calculating the checks and balances,
"no matter which one of them marries him, our family's status won't fall"
the father isn't worried about his daughters, not really. all he cares about is the family status. if the youngest kills herself because of "love" and not eating that would affect the family status in a negative way.

it would be easy enough to clear up rumors AFTER the marriage between the youngest and the prince but you can't clear up a dead daughter unless of course she makes a big sacrifice to a dragon where
"the house that offers one of their daughters as the Dragon's bride will receive eternal prestige and a yearly stipend from the kingdom"
the family who does this gets eternal prestige and a yearly stipend, therefore her sacrifice helps the family instead of hurting it unlike if the younger sister killed herself from not eating.

it doesn't matter if she is composed or hiding her emotions, a real dad would have had at least ONE line of refusal, instead, he tells her she is his pride and joy and allows her to throw herself off a cliff for "the family's prestige"

the prince is a fucking moron who thinks "oh it's fine the two daughters must be interchangeable after all they were raised in the same home" and the father is a bastard who only really cares about the family's prestige.

additional thoughts:

even if she was just going with the flow this whole time she had worked her entire life to be the princes' fiance. at the urging of her father because "that's what needs to be done for the family prestige" why would you as the person who more or less pushed her into this life think it ok to just throw it all away at the tantrum of her sister?

I underwent harsh education from an early age, so that I would not bring any shame to my family. all to reach the goal my father desired of me, winning the hand of the next king, the crown prince.

her father pushed her into the life she was leading from a very young age, why would she speak out against that when it's all she has known? whereas it seems the younger sister(going by her attitude) was raised much freer and allowed to be much more selfish.

so yeah it's absolutely the father's fault first followed by the prince.

Aggregator gang
Oops missed the tag so I'm late, but if he thought one sister was as great as the other why would he break off his engagement if he was already going to marry one of them, and pick the other one instead? Makes no sense any way you look at it, to me at least @ResaRin

@JustA_ That's because he wanted to kiss the duke's ass. If he keep him happy, his cooperation is guaranteed and as a bonus, the duke now owes him a favor.
Or that's what he imagined because he's stupid.

Aggregator gang
@ResaRin Right, I forgot it was the duke who wanted the change. I automatically assumed the prince broke off the engagement since that's usually how it goes in these kinds of stories :p Thanks for the replies, it makes a tiny bit of sense now lol

@traveling_chef Still disagree. Yes should have talked to her in private and asked more questions and has that irksome noble habit of seeing daughters as political marriage partners for family prestige. That and prince assumed too much Luna would be like her sister in temperament. However, 1st panel where he talks to her about being dragon bride the letters are bigger, blacker and bolder with an !? at the end when saying YOU WANT TO BE THE DRAGON BRIDE!? in ch1. Also, both could probably tell, especially since Luna did, that Eliana held no happiness or joy in the marriage, just considered it a solemn duty while Luna was emotional about it. That and Eliana never showed any emotions in any of the scenes with them, just a cold, calm and logical presence even when asked if ok with switching with Luna to which she responded she was ok with it. Granted they should have protested more for her sake, especially considering being a dragon bride, but she never refused or asked them to do anything, just hoped they would. How would you read someone not showing any emotion that while they're saying yes they mean no or want you to protest on their behalf if never ask for it or show in any distress in the decision? Both would probably have argued against switch and being dragon bride if she had told them how she felt or wanted them to protest on her behalf.

Double-page supporter
@Mathiason none of that matters if her father cared about her well being more than the well being of the family prestige.
he couldn't read her face or emotions? she is his daughter if I had a daughter who came to me and said she wanted to join a cult even if I KNEW 100% that was what she wanted I would argue against her, ask her to stop and rethink everything. not a one-sentence "YOU WANT TO JOIN A CULT!?". I would reason with her try to see whats going on with her, instead of letting her go through an incredibly damaging process that, in the manga's case, surely leads to death.

look at her face on page 17 and page 22 of the first chapter, if her father couldn't see through his daughter of many years' words then he is not a father who cares about his daughter.

truly depressed/suicidal people don't talk with their friends and family about the things they are going through, you wake up one day to find out they are gone.

her telling her father after all those years of HIM urging her to be the prince's fiance that she is fine with it and instead she is going to just throw herself off a cliff IS a cry for help, you see the desperation in her face, but you don't see any sadness in his.

we will just have to disagree on the matter.

to me, the prince is maliciously stupid, maybe he didn't mean to be malicious but his ignorance about how people are is one of the causes of her suicide by dragon.

and to me, her father is just a bastard who only thinks about the family prestige instead of the individual members in his family. not what's good for his daughters but what's good for the family image. otherwise, he would have sat down and had a candid talk with both his daughters individually.

and going by her little smile when her sister decided to shove off a cliff, I doubt Luna gave a damn about her sisters' feelings towards the marriage and was just saying that shit to spite her, or said it to manipulate her sister into giving up the marriage. I have a younger brother who growing up did this exact thing to my older brother (younger was selfish and manipulative and older was more timid and withdrawn) my younger brother would do whatever he needed to do to make a situation go in his favor. these types of people only care about themselves. "what can you do for me" "how does doing that benefit me". the sister deciding "if I can't marry him I would rather die" and then refusing to eat is indicative of this selfish behavior.

Dex-chan lover
108 comments on a shoujo-esque fantasy manga? is this real life
now i await the day she rides the dragon back to destroy the kingdom muahhaha
(or save some princes and have a reverse harem battle royale)

Double-page supporter
Even if u wanted her now, she will not came back to u, Prince.... u droped her before even know her and her sister.... u dint deserve to be even a future King....

Fed-Kun's army
@abos thats not fair he couldnt now any of this... and he actually feels remorse which makes him one of the nicest fantasy princes you will find in such stories!

Dex-chan lover
Threatening killing yourself when you don't get your way is like Emotional Manipulation 101, just lol at being surprised the little sister is a little shit.

And assuming the sisters are interchangeable? Wow.

Dex-chan lover
@AnacondaHL : in an Era of political mariage you could easily think that a family with such a good behaved girl would have a similar sister.
I'm sure that the sister behaved well and nice the first time she saw the prince so he fall for it. He surely though that the family didn't want to marry his older sister to keep her for another good mariage. (and the prince being forced to accept show that he is indeed in a difficult position)

@traveling_chef
I do not agree with your views on prince at all. Well, this was a political marriage and the request came from duke's side to change the marriage. Everyone assumed that it is just a political marriage (and it was). Further, the prince might have just assumed that there might be some special reasons for this change after all. It might be a bit moronic of him to just marry her sister and not inquiring but he had no reason to care about it.

Well, the views on father can me different, but the fact is that he thrusted a political marriage on her daughter from an early age. So he was basically a bad father from the start itself!! Combine it with the fact that the Ml never said anything, he just took her for the responsible older sister/daughter. (Ofcourse he never was a responsible/good father at all).

Well, reading till the end, her father is definitely worse than I imagined, but the main lady Eliana is also at fault for never speaking her mind. Still disagree about the prince. He might at the worst atmost be as much at fault as lady Eliana

Dex-chan lover
is dryad suppose to be feminine or androgynous? because it feels more androgynous then feminine to me

Users who are viewing this thread