My Roommate Isn't From This World - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - The sounds of the holy night.

Dex-chan lover
Is it just me, or does he seem more gross in this version than the pre-serialization version? Or was he always like this and I was too stupid too notice?

I miss the old version and their crazy ghost shenanigans. Hell, the Esper Girl already was looking like she was gonna like it near the end of the old version without him being "that" weird; as in, being way more into the ghosts than the actual humans.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Is it just me, or does he seem more gross in this version that the pre-serialization version? Or was he always like this and I was too stupid too notice?
It's definitely on purpose. Same with the other characters too in this serialisation. I think the author or editor wanted the characters to have a more distinct personality and made their unique aspects more intense. Felt that the webmanga was just right, though I may be biased. I'll need to see more of it to know if I really like it

Dex-chan lover
See, this cute playing around with ghost girl should have been the focus of these early chapters. But the whole thing with him trying to get into ESPer girl's pants in the greasiest way possible just ruins the whole experience.

Dex-chan lover
Is it just me, or does he seem more gross in this version than the pre-serialization version? Or was he always like this and I was too stupid too notice?

I miss the old version and their crazy ghost shenanigans. Hell, the Esper Girl already was looking like she was gonna like it near the end of the old version without him being "that" weird; as in, being way more into the ghosts than the actual humans.
I think the pre-serialization version benefited from its short form gag content so the creepiness of our MC is only expressed within a single page of setup for the punchline three pages later. With the serialization allowing for room to breathe, we now get to marinate with just how pushy and a bit detestable he is.

To be fair, I don't hate MCs that aren't goody-two shoes because we get a ton of those carbon-copy Kiritos. I just hope the author does some character growth with our MC as the chapters go on.

I think the pre-serialization version benefited from its short form gag content so the creepiness of our MC is only expressed within a single page of setup for the punchline three pages later. With the serialization allowing for room to breathe, we now get to marinate with just how pushy and a bit detestable he is.

To be fair, I don't hate MCs that aren't goody-two shoes because we get a ton of those carbon-copy Kiritos. I just hope the author does some character growth with our MC as the chapters go on.
ye I feel like he's always like this and didn't he jerk to esper girl in pre serialization when she was sleeping?

Dex-chan lover

I am pretty sure he is just as much of a bastard as he is now. Closest reminder is chapter 65. That's always been his default conversation option with the esper girl

Users who are viewing this thread