My S-Rank Party Fired Me for Being a Cursificer: I Can Only Make “Cursed Items”, but They're Artifact Class! - Vol. 4 Ch. 17.1

Dex-chan lover
I thought since I stopped at Ch.5 and waited for more chapter to be translated this series would have more going on than the generic adventurers story. I want to see him running a stall, people reaction to it, the knight and Princess going after him, the wolf pack eating dirt.

At most I get like 3 maybe 4 chapter of that.

Dex-chan lover
TFW when there was no medusa waifu but a bunch of chickens
Screenshot_20230618_115042_Chrome.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Adventurers have been cursed and it can be dispelled yes. But they could not breath, had no heartbeat or brain activity this whole time. I would assume they are dead.
However they will be saved and i feel it's kind of bs, it could add some gravity to this manga about curses but i guess author went for cheerful and cartoonish theme.
Petrification seems to put the person in a state of suspended animation, so whether it would kill them or not depends on the story, i think even in mythology when it came to petrification it depended on which story if petrification could be cured and the person live again.

Dex-chan lover
Ah the time-tested strategy of throwing every item at the boss to see what works. I know it well.

Dex-chan lover
Kinda wonder if the one who came up with the idea of 'cockatrice' actually meant it as a joke. I mean, the whole idea behind cockatrice is either "dead from a cock" or "became hard from a cock's gaze" or "became hard from a cock's breath". And the fact that cockatrices have a "long snake tail" doesn't really help either.
Yeah, I'm sure they were thinking along those lines, especially since the first documented use of cock as slang for male genital was about 300 years AFTER the first documented case of cockatrice :p

Dex-chan lover
this is the rooster, adult. not chicks that they already killed
That's why I said "when it came to the chicks." He didn't know how to deal with the chicks he probably didn't know how to deal with the adults too.

Group Leader
That's why I said "when it came to the chicks." He didn't know how to deal with the chicks he probably didn't know how to deal with the adults too.
There a difference between chick and adults. Chick = does not know fear, so mental debuff that curses are based off are useless.
The adult rooster does know fear though.

Fed-Kun's army
Can confirm, when your back is to the wall throwing every random thing you have often works. Sure, I'm usually throwing it at the allied frontline as buffs are generally more likely to stick than debuffs, but if you build proplely both playstyles tend to balance out in the end.

Of course this is hilariously bad for your wallet, but well, you're playing a support. You don't get to have money.

Dex-chan lover
i was about to say sharina better not die

she's my fave character so far

Contributor
"It turns out I have the ability to Dispel Curses"

Pretty sure we and everyone else aside from him already knew that. That's exactly how he gets by with reckless use of cursed items, and how they got the sword off of Sharina in the first place. I'm surprised he didn't first say "It turns out the petrifying breath was a curse and not a poison." which would lead readers to connect the dots and see he can deal with it easily. What is this redundant writing? To be clear I'm not blaming the translator.

Maybe it's good the sword wasn't used since that made it less predictable. And teamwork still happened which I do prefer over OP MCs soloing every fight. Although I do expect the sword has to be used sometime. Chekhov's gun and all that. It would be bad writing to introduce such a detail to the story and never use it.

Users who are viewing this thread