My Wife Is a Demon Queen

Dex-chan lover
MC is called Xiang Ye? Sounds like Xiang He (Star Martial Goddess Technique). They both share the same hair style.

@kronix
Such as one of the imperial men in the tent. ;)

Dex-chan lover
This shit is so damn slow.. pretty sure HiatusxHiatus will end before this shit even reach 3 tomes.

Besides, the cover pic is the ultimate trolling and click bait. Droping this fucking shit.

I don't get why this is getting so much hate, aside from the first chapter which was pretty bad imo, the rest has been quite interesting. The artwork is also great.

I remember when this came out I decided to wait one whole month to binge on this to see if it's any good. A month later and boy howdy this manga is....hmmm....it's so slow. A pet snail can make 20 laps around someone's backyard and its pace would still be faster than this web novel. I wholeheartedly believe in the potential for the story. Unfortunately I feel like I'd have to wait a whole year to read this if I didnt want to deal with disappointment. Granted "My Wife is a Demon Queen" has a new chapter once every few days but still the story's pace is so slow.

Group Leader
tfw you're so used to isekai bullshit you're not even fazed anymore
vaNthny.png

Fed-Kun's army
I've been clickbaited by the cover... I expected funny misadventures with an overpowered wife, but it was typical isekai slow start.

This is so incredibly slow. The MC is just a blank page that gets insulted constantly. There's no reason to even have him there.

I have this weird feeling it's going to last like 900 chapters. I don't understand how we're 18 chapters in and the MC could be replaced with a potato and we wouldn't know the difference.

Fed-Kun's army
Well, another one for the "only tried reading this because the girls look hot" bin. Wish this art and the premise was being used for an actually good story, because the core idea of the demon queen in a sham marriage to survive in human society after being betrayed and losing her empire has potential, but this execution is trash. Superior Cross does a slightly similar 'demon queen in disguise' concept far better.

There's not even a reason for the MC to be a Generic Isekai Dude - the story would barely change at all if he was just a normal person from the fantasy world.

With the amount of pages being translated at a time, its going to take a looooong time just for them to get settled down in the school. Let alone start getting to anything plot related.

Its series like this that make me realize how much I miss the op mc trope compared to the pathetically weak mc trope.

The beginning is great, but then it turns into the typical Chinese sham story about "martial arts training school" with exam after exam and chapters full of flashy move-showcases but no story or character growth, coupled with the usual Chinese intrigues and tragic backstory memories.

Imo this one is not worth reading if you're not ready to read over 50 chapters of nihilistic garbage adapted from Chinese martial art webtoons/Mahnwas...

Better to read Reikenzan, which at least has character growth and decent character traits/personalities and development of character interaction levels (i.e. friendship, love,etc.)

Group Leader
Manga readers: You can't just end a chapter in the middle of a fight!

Rong Rong/Mad Snail: hold my beer

Group Leader
This is shit. Go check this out instead: https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/mage-and-demon-queen/

Users who are viewing this thread