Namaiki na Gal Ane wo Wakaraseru Hanashi - Ch. 4 - Solution Water

Dex-chan lover
Aneki: "I CAN'T GET THE CAP OFF!"

MC (in another room): "Job's not finished." [correction at 9%]

It's a completely coherent sequence, but I'm still perplexed and amused. At any rate, the heroine's so far is interestingly constructed, what with her normally aloof attitude and flashy clothing clashing with her clumsiness and incompetence.

Also, can I say that I don't get the "virgin" insult in general? Like, why are you mad I haven't had sex? And what am I supposed to do about not having had sex? Sex is a two-person activity. Are you gonna do something about my not having had sex?

I just find it amusing, in concept.

"you virgin" = "no bitches"

Dex-chan lover
She need help but don't want help... Is it only sister or ppl these days.. 😔

Dex-chan lover
Here are some comments from the Japanese public on the Young Jump app:

rDYqSKl.png

LiLyqh5.png

SnMrsru.png

c0yH3dy.png

bSkgFx2.png

zFFxXys.png

Therizinosaurus for reference:
Therizinosaurus-dinosaurs.jpg

ca1DnEG.png

reS7mYW.png

l6Y2RvV.png

jDILfTb.png

2onJ52M.png

V8CYUf6.png

DJXXnFP.png

tSvhsEN.png

Ta5DBzs.png

My favorite comment is the one about the Therizinosaurus.

Additionally, here are the current like counts for each chapter:
qR65k7c.png
...no, wait, the last guy has a point-- only nine percent?

I'm not sure about the translation for the second guy's comment. My understanding of it is as follows:

"How do I put it? Is "wakarase" like this? Because Mister [i.e. the post maker] isn't very knowledgeable about that field, I don't understand it, but this feeling isn't in other rom-coms and gyaru manga, y'know?

I mean, I'm not saying it's bad, but, how to say it... soon... Mister would like some good rom-com scenes."

(the guy was apparently using a lot of filler structures and was meandering to his point, and I wasn't creative enough to capture that all in any English-- I get the sense this is new territory for him, and he may be frustrated about it not playing out like the rom-coms he knows)

The closest we got to a "com" so far is watching the girl trying to open a bottle of water. Truly comedic genius!
It was more "cute" than "funny"...

Last edited:
...no, wait, the last guy has a point-- only nine percent?
9% every 4 Chapters means we get 44 chapters for 99%. What's the last 1%? We'll see in the epilogue. ;D
(the guy was apparently using a lot of filler structures and was meandering to his point, and I wasn't creative enough to capture that all in any English-- I get the sense this is new territory for him, and he may be frustrated about it not playing out like the rom-coms he knows)
Not wrong, but you're missing the part where he was expecting "wakarase" to play out differently, since the term itself carries some implications with it. So far, little bro is actually going through extra effort to avoid her understanding jack shit. And yeah, since this was billed as a "romcom", the fact that the closest thing we have to a joke is a woman struggling to open a water bottle, it's pretty much false advertising.

And no, he wasn't meandering too much. He just has to say he doesn't like it politely.

It was more "cute" than "funny"...
Yup. Makes me crack a brief smile, if anything.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

reS7mYW.png

なんか10-20年くらい前のギャルって感じの見た目だ... こんな長い爪(付け爪ではなくスカルプよね?) 今どき見ないし。この時代錯誤な見た目も姉貴 が無理してギャルしてる的な伏線だったりする...?

It looks like the kind of gal from 10-20 years ago... Such long nails (not fake nails, but extensions, right?) are rare these days. Could this outdated look be a hint that Sis is trying too hard to be a gal?

"Could this outdated look be a hint that Sis is trying too hard to be a gal?" Ain't no way the author thought that far. :kek:

Dex-chan lover
He making her understand is 9%
But you making me understand (this chapter) is 100%
Thanks, man. Reading the other version is a bit rough, even though it doesn't have that many dialog.

He making her understand is 9%
But you making me understand (this chapter) is 100%
Thanks, man. Reading the other version is a bit rough, even though it doesn't have that many dialog.
You should probably tell him that. He confuses people not jumping down his throat for an endorsement of his work.

This chapter isn't even hard to do. Literal children could read it and understand.

Dex-chan lover
Not wrong, but you're missing the part where he was expecting "wakarase" to play out differently, since the term itself carries some implications with it.
I get the sense that "wakarase" in general was foreign to him, rather than him expecting a different kind of "wakarase"-- he says that he's not very familiar with the matter, after all.

And no, he wasn't meandering too much. He just has to say he doesn't like it politely.
I took the intent as a given-- as in, he meanders because he wants to phrase his distaste politely. I was more so expressing my frustration from having to parse and (more so) interpret the filler constructions he was employing.

So far, little bro is actually going through extra effort to avoid her understanding jack shit.
I disagree. He left her to try and fail to twist the cap off a water bottle, forcing her to understand that she's incapable of doing simple tasks without his helping hand-- talk less of protecting herself from groups of unsavory men.

"Could this outdated look be a hint that Sis is trying too hard to be a gal?" Ain't no way the author thought that far. :kek:
I can buy it, considering 1) she had to notice that she left the price tag on her jeans, 2) her outfit in general is pretty try-hard, and 3) she's really not a party girl and has demonstrated to be pretty insecure in just these four chapters.

I'd like that writing move. It wouldn't be much, but it'd be neat.

I get the sense that "wakarase" in general was foreign to him, rather than him expecting a different kind of "wakarase"-- he says that he's not very familiar with the matter, after all.
Don't worry, I'm letting you know what's up. He was expecting something else because, again, the word has a different implication to it. Especially when you keep hearing about it in "other" contexts. He's probably read one or two before, and had a different idea of what this would be.
I disagree. He left her to try and fail to twist the cap off a water bottle, forcing her to understand that she's incapable of doing simple tasks without his helping hand-- talk less of protecting herself from groups of unsavory men.
I know it's been a hot minute, but the guy saved her from getting raped, and she thinks she just miraculously made it home. Like Hoshi said: "He should have told her and made her 'understand' faster". (Disclaimer: There is no Hoshi, and he did not say that)

can buy it, considering 1) she had to notice that she left the price tag on her jeans, 2) her outfit in general is pretty try-hard, and 3) she's really not a party girl and has demonstrated to be pretty insecure in just these four chapters.

I'd like that writing move. It wouldn't be much, but it'd be neat.
The author left room for "This is all some big misunderstanding" in the first chapter. Which would be a setup for a twist where she didn't actually steal those pants either, and we're all just assuming the worst of her no matter what she does.

Dex-chan lover
I know it's been a hot minute, but the guy saved her from getting raped, and she thinks she just miraculously made it home. Like Hoshi said: "He should have told her and made her 'understand' faster". (Disclaimer: There is no Hoshi, and he did not say that)
Even knowing she blacked out, I thought her going "none of your business" indicated that she remembered enough to realize that she was in a really bad situation-- regardless of what she understands of the circumstances of her return home.

Which would be a setup for a twist where she didn't actually steal those pants either, and we're all just assuming the worst of her no matter what she does.
Personally, I always thought she never actually stole those pants, and-- if you could believe it-- this chapter's lent more credence to that conjecture.

I mean, how can someone expect her to shoplift when she can't even twist and lift the cap off a water bottle?

Even knowing she blacked out, I thought her going "none of your business" indicated that she remembered enough to realize that she was in a really bad situation-- regardless of what she understands of the circumstances of her return home.
Her "none of your business" has been the single response to literally any question he's ever asked. In fact, a solid quarter of her dialogue is "Fuck you, you're not my dad. I do what I want and I don't need to answer your questions."

Personally, I always thought she never actually stole those pants, and-- if you could believe it-- this chapter's lent more credence to that conjecture.

I mean, how can someone expect her to shoplift when she can't even twist and lift the cap off a water bottle?
The... same way a guy can fix a car but not make a pizza from scratch? These aren't correlated, you know. Long nails get in the way of using your hands. Not once has that ever been an impediment for her grabbing clothes. Or what, does she have little bro dress her every morning?

I seriously wonder what will happen with the manga now...?
In the pre-serialization, she was still getting called by those popular guys for quick sex.
But its not clear if MC intervention the chapter before already solved everything (as maybe FMC already entered a sexual relationship with those guys before the party).

I seriously wonder what will happen with the manga now...?
In the pre-serialization, she was still getting called by those popular guys for quick sex.
But its not clear if MC intervention the chapter before already solved everything (as maybe FMC already entered a sexual relationship with those guys before the party).
You're clearly having trouble following this story:

1) She didn't know them this time.
2) She didn't know what they were after until the girl friend teased the guy going for her.
3) She passed out before even knowing they wanted to rape her.
4) Little bro stopped them before anything happened.
5) Little bro let them know everyone in town is on to them.
6) They're scared of being arrested.

Any other questions?

Dex-chan lover
It's so surreal to be seeing this story in its third permutation, still never progressing past this point. What's it gonna be, a tenth retelling in which the brother saves her from becoming a slut ten years prior by utilizing advanced monk chi techniques?

Users who are viewing this thread