Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai Suru

Double-page supporter
Really rushed, not sure what's going on. I feel like this could be interesting but not with the manga's pacing. Maybe I'll try the novel

Not bad overall, but the first chapter isn't good. They're did too much magic name dropping in one chapter.

Dex-chan lover
seems that this was adapted from novel, can't express it but i feel it lacks something.
good art tho.

i guess this was that kind of novel where the story moves with MC's inner monologues, occasional world info dump, and highly descriptive character thoughts and expressions, and it just doesn't translate well in manga form, i mean, what are you supposed to draw that will fit into manga panel flow.
Then again i haven't read the novel, but seeing how lacking (imo) this manga is..

Chapter 6 was good until the end, and chapter 7 was horrible. Who would allow a school like this? Sith?

Dex-chan lover
I don't know if the source is bad or what but this manga is just terrible, the pacing is awful, it throws a bunch of random ideas together with little relation to each other, add some edge (ha!) to it and hope we care about the characters.

I don't know how far the manga is into the novel, but if these were the hooks and they needed a bunch of exposition to work it's already not good. This seems to be a trend with LNs these days, have early volumes throwing a bunch of random ideas before engaging into a cohesive plot, but the first few segments this time were particularly uninteresting, the only reason I kept reading was because I was expecting something more after finding out the novel got 1st place in the Kono Light Novel was Sugoi.

Group Leader
>From the author of alderamin
yeah not getting touched after that garbage

Dex-chan lover
wth is this manga about. who the mc actually? non of these people are likable. the villain make sense but the good(?) side just a group with flower in their head

Dex-chan lover
Yen Press will publish the source LNs into English, under the title Reign of the Seven Spellblades.

Arrives this Nov 17th.
https://yenpress.com/9781975317188/reign-of-the-seven-spellblades-vol-1-light-novel/

The author of alderamin,

well he always have intersting premise middle and climax, but always bad endings

did he inherit some sort of korean DNA?

korean are famous for creating unsatisfying ending

Is it just me that misses it or the title about seven something still not explained here?

Users who are viewing this thread