Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai Suru

Is there a gore tag available? I just randomly read a chapter and seeing human gut being spilled is like 🤮

I don't know what drives the MC to sign up to this academy, and in chapter 14 it just revealed a tiny bit of it. It is just like watching Harry Potter getting into the magic school and hunted by the Voldemort army without knowing the story of his parents and his childhood hardship. Hey... it somehow has a similar premise lol.

The Epilogue just massively jumped the shark. Where the fuck is the build-up? Dude just suddenly got an assignment, then this one teacher he interacted with at one point is suddenly a big bad guy?

Where did the revenge plot come from? We had nothing showing anything of the MC's past, then suddenly it's all just piled on top of you, and you're expected to just accept it as fact.

Why is he suddenly being referred to as "lord"? Where did this secret society of world-enders come from? We didn't even get to know his cousins, and now they're here. Also, there's a new one?

Yo an LN enjoyer here. I am a huge fan of the light novel and pretty much will only read the manga because I enjoyed the source material. Anyways, from what I can gather this is a really bad manga adaptation. I've read a few chapters and can say that it doesn't really go according to what happens in the LN, skips a bunch of content, and struggles to maintain the original plot. However, considering how complex the source material is and how manga panels can't really convey what the author is trying to say (eg. there is a lot of description, internal dialogue, etc. in the LN), it makes sense as to why the manga would fall short. Anyways, if you slightly enjoyed the manga but were disappointed with the execution, I'd highly recommend the source material if you like light novels. If you're curious on my rating, I'd rate this manga a solid 5.7/10 and the light novel a 9.8/10.

Users who are viewing this thread