Navigation improvements for mobile users

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the hamburger should be moved back. Other sites place it on the left for reasons that don't apply as much here, like that they need to put something else there to be easier to reach (navigation or shopping cart) and they're getting used two handed. I think it doesn't apply here because all of your core repeat user interaction is hidden behind the hamburger and the site is otherwise perfectly easy to use with one hand. It would be different if Follow, Forums, and the search bar were their buttons but that would clutter everything a lot.

EDIT: After trying it out some more I do see that it's pretty easy to use two-handed now. Folks who write a lot on the forum might like it.

I see the option now for Nav under the settings, but no matter what option I select it stays on the left.

Edit: Settings changes are now working for me with the Dark theme.

tao

Am I doing something wrong I can never get past the captcha it makes me do it again and again, it also resets in under 12 hrs . After 10 minutes of trying I finally got in yesterday. Read maybe 12 manga and left the site today about 20 hrs later I’ve been on captcha for 5 min and can’t get in.

I really like this site, but there’s got to be a better way, at this point it’s just not usable for me at all

For visual consistency is it possible to have the settings panel appear as a slide out on mobile. It currently seems weird having it as a dialog box.

Miku best girl
Admin
Navigation updated. Now you can select 3 options (Old legacy option, nav on the left (default) and nav on the right).

Yes, I'll make them slide at some point.

Do like the update for mobile but the menu button on the left is a bit annoying for me. I keep hitting the settings thinking it's my follow menu

Miku best girl
Admin
If you go into user settings, you can flip the menu button to the other side.

Group Leader
Need to get used to it but it works great. Especially for someone like me that use gigantic 10 inch tablet instead of phone.

Dex-chan lover
Now i found Miku
DIRXuFB.jpg
in MikuDex (right navbar) in Mangadex. How surprisingly...
Both navigation work smoothly.

i was about to say the same thing about abyss theme but i already see some people reported it already. so i will just suggest a setting to change miku to other girl. 😂 jokes aside this feature is nice and handy. i'd like to have settings menu there. right now it feels like things overlapping between the navigation and the dropdown from username and also kinda weird to have both hamburger and cog imo.

@Holo please fix the bug where it takes you back a couple pages everytime it doesnt load, let the image be black and stay there until it loads, its reaaaaly a pain when it takes me to the beginning every 2 seconds

May I suggest making MikuDex panel customizable? Like, let us see our recently read/added manga there or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread