Neeko wa Tsurai yo - Vol. 2 Ch. 14

It's a dog he'll bring over, isn't it?

@sudzzuds The internet is not a safespace and triggerwarnings are cancer.

@talisay999 I'm not sure which country you're from but that's a pretty common theme across the west, teachers and people pushing retirement-age goes on about how you need to go to college/university and just study something they're interested in. Then when people graduate millions realize that there's not any actual demand for their degree in history or arts, and end up wasting 4 years of their life for an entrylevel position they would've gotten without it. Even worse in countries like the US where you often pay for your degree and end up with hundreds of thousands in debt and in a worse position than someone out of college. Sure it can be a smart idea to further educate yourself, but you need to be sure that your degree is actually useful for a career before dedicating large parts of your life to it.

That's what annoys me about the people spreading lies about it, on one hand you have the people in academia who are obviously heavily biased and on the other hand you have old people who think higher education has the same worth now as 30-40 years ago and constantly shill for it to the younger generation.

If you live in a country with high wages for unskilled labor it's a solid idea to just go straight into it, save and invest the money you make (instead of going into a deficit and spending years on an education) and try to build up passive revenue to fill the gap between your regular job and a sought-after educated position. Most people spend 4-5 years on a degree and another 3-4 to pay it off so they're basically on -/+ zero after eight years and THEN begin earning money from their degree, with eight years of investing half your salary you can breach that gap just fine. If you live in a country with very low minimum wages though like the US you really should consider spending a few years to learn a trade, even if education is what's gotten you in this mess. Unlike university it doesn't cost a fortune, pretty much all jobs are sought-after and they often only require a few years which you can do while working on the side to finance it.

Fed-Kun's army
@Elbow right, well i live in a third world country so either way i'm fucked, but yeah you speak the truth and i appreciate your time for writing that. Cheers Brother!

Double-page supporter
This chapter was almost as happy as that one where Neeko went through her closet and sat in misery as she remembered how pathetic she is from all the nostalgic memorabilia that reminded her that her life is going nowhere and she's a failure towards herself and those around her.

I know there is complaints about the comedy tag, but this chapter still funny to me, good chapter! Neeko is so pitiful, try again tomorrow.

The first half had me but I should've known it was gonna turn out like that

Fed-Kun's army
This is so depressing to read? Why am I even reading it if it makes me depressed? Am I some sort of masochist? AHHHHHHH

@Elbow

The only problem with what you suggest(For the US at least) is that by the time you have saved up for college, you will probably be making more by your trade than the field you planned to get a degree in.

@Uvenam Maybe I wasn't clear enough but I'm not suggesting that people save up a bunch of money from doing minimum wage jobs and THEN go to college, and that's kinda the problem. People fresh out of high school obviously don't have anywhere near that amount of money (unless their parents pay their tuition but that's pretty rare) so then they're forced to take a loan if they want higher education. Then due to the huge amount of people who end up not paying their loans the banks have to charge high interest at rates like 10% for the kids to pay off, and if they end up doing something fun but not valuable they end up with 100~200k debt with 20k interest a year to pay off while doing minimum wage and earning maybe 40k. Then they spend the time they should use to build a financial base to just stay afloat and pretty much ruin or at least severely damage their personal economy permanently.

I think it's fine if you wanna loan and go into college but that only as long as you're studying something well-paying and in demand, otherwise as said it's better to get into a trade where you can easily end up in upper-middle class if you work hard enough. And to clarify what I said earlier there's a third option in saving/investing rather than get an education to supplement your income which is what I'm doing, I wasted a couple of years after high school being NEET but they helped me learn to enjoy myself cheaply as fuck which lets me put away most of my income compared to other people my age.

@Elbow

I mean that it is more economical to stay in trades rather than investing/saving for college.

@Uvenam I'd say it's better financially than for most degrees you get in college yeah. For investing it really depends on where you live, in the US where unskilled labor is poorly paid it might be worth it to lose a couple of years and some money to learn a trade, here in Norway where unskilled labor can be pretty high (depending on where you work) it's not necessarily better to do it. For instance cashiers here earn the same as carpenters while I earn roughly the same as educated mechanics within the same company, it's very dependent on which trade and for us uneducated what employer we have. Three trades I think pays pretty well regardless of the country is electrician, pipers and plumbers so those are solid choices no matter where you live.

Dex-chan lover
It was amazing that she didn't think about end her life.

it's still amaze me that she still can say sorry to her mom
if she's me I'll just end my life there

Users who are viewing this thread