Negawakuba no Konote ni Koufuku Wo - Ch. 12.2

Double-page supporter
So I start looking through this like an hour ago. It had like 4 chapters. Somehow within that hour it was axed. Lol.

Double-page supporter
This definitely axed, mc get netorared and still on his revenge mission

Dex-chan lover
lol jebaited

lemme guess, poor childhood friend will turns crazy lol

Dex-chan lover
@Karmichel Most likely a promo. Although the WN is still ongoing (511 chapters), no new LN volume has been released since Vol 2 in Feb 2019. Could be the LN got cancelled.

@zalagires Thing is, it's not an edgy revenge story. It's more about subtle character growth and building as the MC's new interactions with his previous timeline tormentors result in their opening up and improving subtly.

Double-page supporter
Definitively a promo for the LN but it wasn't too bad, actually peaked my interest since I like these garbage tier revenge stories.

Dex-chan lover
The manga covers up to WN Chp 65/Arc 3. WN still ongoing at 511 chapters, is now in its 16th arc.

For the rest, you can read it here: https://tomotranslations.com/a-wish-at-the-palm-of-my-hand/

Or raws here. https://ncode.syosetu.com/n3170ed/

@Serkket It's not revenge, but subtle 2nd life improvement.

Double-page supporter
Alright, who can tell me what happens with childhood friend, does she seek him out ot fight it out, redeem him, seek answers, kill him bc different religion, etc?

Dex-chan lover
I am ecstatic to read more.
I really do wish they provided a bit more reason for his comrade's demeanor towards him at the beginning of the series.
Lughys has shown me nothing but his competence this entire series, so I seriously cannot imagine how he was completely powerless originally.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know. Despite the usual "REeeCuCkDetEcTeD!" commenters I thought it was pretty good. Dude has valid complaints with the way his life is going, takes a chance to do things over. Decides not to be as big of a dick as he could have(Letting knight-chick die to the boar/be forced to marry) and while plotting revenge ends up subverting the reasons he even needed to get revenge in the first place by making his tormenters(and himself) better people in the process.

Is it stellar writing? No. Is it decent writing without playing on the tropes too hard? I think so.

Aggregator gang
I pretty much echo PrivatePublic above me. Well said.

I also appreciate it avoiding the 'so edgy the edge cuts itself' extremes that other series have gone.

Fed-Kun's army
The End? This feels like the end of the first part, not the end of the whole ;p
GIVE ME MOOOOORE!

Dex-chan lover
First of thanks to the translators for the chapters. I have to say, this was fairly disappointing. Ths story itself seemed play enough, but the execution was so poor, I had to keep reminding myself there was a story. Details just came and went at random. It felt like I was hopping to a destination whether than walking to it; sure I got there faster, but I skipped over a lot, and it was a very bumpy ride. The wars over religion seem interesting enough, but they’re never really expanded upon. I’d need to know more about the differences between the two and why they’re fighting to care. Plus I fundamentally hate religious conflicts. The very idea that people would go to war and take lives over a belief without any evidence and basic difference of opinion is just.... well disappointing (you expect more in an “advanced” species. Say what you want about other animals, but they don’t slaughter their members of their own species for a difference in religion... well, that we know of). So I can’t really empathize with saintness (far too warmongering). You’re telling me she started a rebellion and wars so she could...pray... in a specific spot? That’s the type of depressing stuff I read in the news; I don’t need it in fiction too. The biggest issue I have with this is that I should be sympathizing with the mc. No matter what direction the story goes I should not care because no matter what I stand by the MC’s feelings of revenge (that’s what this whole premise breathes off of), but I don’t care. Mainly because we’re shown very little of it in the beginning, and also because he doesn’t seem to care. What not even a year after he’s been in the (now alternate) future and he’s enjoying being with the girls that tormented him because they act nice now? Okay. Plus it means that they were always potentially nice people and something traumatic happened in the original timeline to warp their personalities, so I don’t even want to hate them. Really with how this manga presents it, I’m not even sure why the mc to be from an unfavorable future. He apparently doesn’t hold that much of a grudge against the girls, and except for the first few chapters his future knowledge has either been worthless or he hasn’t even tried to use it. The way the manga portrays it, it’s like the author just ran with a popular cliche for more readers, but doesn’t know how to use it. For most of this manga, it would have made just as much sense if there was no rewind and this was the MC’s first life.

Well apparently there’s an WN. Like I said the story seems interesting enough. With better execution I could even enjoy. All I wanted was the girls to become a yandere harem. I got tidbits of that and am sad. Anyway, I’ll probably check the WN out. The childhood friend corrupted by the church could be interesting. Though I have to ask why the old religion orphan mother let her be adopted by that group. Let me end by again saying thanks to the TL group just cuz.

Users who are viewing this thread