Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru - Vol. 5 Ch. 20 - Kaede Hirose Doesn't Realize It.

Dex-chan lover
My god, not "seeing your love interest with your best friend" trope again, please.

Fed-Kun's army
The black haired girls are kinda hard to tell apart.

Double-page supporter
Is Kaede's role to trigger jealousy?

despite what the misleading mangadex tags might tell you, this is not a romance manga, and the author and editor have said as much

there’s no jealousy or lover’s quarrel to be had here, because no one is in love with anyone (except for fuyuki)

yep, @d3ban is right, this is not shoujo ai, the author have said it on her twitter. so.. don't get your hopes up..

Dex-chan lover
Well...if the author doesn’t see this as material for Shoujo Ai, then what’s left for us to wait? I mean, we’ve seen the Aquarium Club, blooming friendships, Family life, ecc...I mean, it could end in a chapter or two and no one could complain

Dex-chan lover
If it's not a love problem then where is the problem ? I don't think there is a point to tease drama if you just gonna put friendship in the mix and well if the author want to do only girl friendship then why make the relation between Honami and Amano like this because it's seem we have past the simple friends step.

Aggregator gang
They look so samey. It's hard to tell them apart even at chapter 20. I almost thought the mom was one of her friends...

Also the last panel is eerily foreboding for a NOT shôjo-ai manga.

Well it was something like she "doesn't intend to define it as yuri but reader can interpret it that way" so I would just wait and see. And if it indeed ends up as heavy subtext with open door for reader interpretation instead of clear label, what of it? If she ended up getting them all boyfriends or something, then sure, I would probably drop it, but now it's too soon to make definite judgements imo. On the other hand what I don't like is getting kind of cliffhanger endings on chapters that end volumes and make people wait 2 entire months for resolution. That's torture...

Users who are viewing this thread