New affiliate, MangaPlus support, infrastructure upgrades and supporter features!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
I've always been a fan of SauceNAO, and noticed their Mangadex links a while back. Good stuff.

The MangaPlus links however are garbage. As previously mentioned, it would be a lot less intrusive if those "chapters" were removed from the reader list and just placed amongst the "official links" at the bottom of the Description panel.

I don't particularly care for group hiding, although it can't come soon enough if it means getting rid of those dud links. I just wish it didn't clutter handy phone readers like Tachiyomi as well in the process.

My bad Also, Why do my chapters keep disappearing i am the original owner of the work and it keeps getting deleted.

@Holo
In the near future you will be able to hide groups that you don't wish to appear.
Linking to free official chapters has been a highly requested feature, so at least some people want this. Judging by the comments here and elsewhere, it would appear there is an overwhelming majority who do support this. Those of you who don't like it - wait for the ability to hide groups.

The ability to hide groups is really, badly needed. Or else a default option to stay in one group's releases for each manga. In this example, I refer you to the manga Summertime Rendering. This managa has both MangaPlus's official releases and Ampas Scans releases upto Ch 15. If I read Ampas Scans from Ch 1 to Ch 15, I get automatically shunted to MangaPlus redirects at Ch 7.5 and 11.5 (because Ampas Scans has not released those chapters). This can be downright confusing, and is very disruptive to the reading experience.

In short, that ability to hide certain groups (or stay in one group's release for per manga) is very much needed. imho, a better alternative might be to move external links (to MangaPlus, or any other official releases) out of the reader completely. Just leave the external links in the manga title page, thereby reserving the manga reader for scanlation releases only.

Dex-chan lover
or don't link to scummy 3rd party sites people have no interest in visiting.

But Kira you say people have asked for it.

Fair but maybe you know don't release a half finished product that annoys your user base just to please a vocal minority

It's like releasing an unfinished game and saying you will finish it later. even if your being truthful it's still annoying to have to deal with the half finished mess in the meantime.

TLDR: You linking to 3rd party sites most of which have some sort of malware or btcoin/coin miners. installed dont do that its not cool. also flooding my follows with false updates.

Big thanks to the admin here for the new features, as well as accomodating the people who don't want to use them too.

I'm happy to support the official releases, but the MangaPlus site can definitely be unpleasant at times.

@sola

Yeah let me just not read any manga until I learn how to read in Japanese.... You make it sound like learning a language is as easy as learning how to ride a bike.

Aya

Group Leader
Sorry, but I don't think I will. It would cause some pretty confusing behaviour inside the reader if you think about it for a moment.

Since he wants it as a setting it probably wouldn't be too problematic as long as it's not enabled by default

Will there be a Patreon some time in the future?

I would love to support Mangadex along with the other scanlation groups that utilize it without dealing with Paypal.

Seems like people like to enjoy their illegal reading and still manage to find way to complain even when they have legal chapters with professional translation for free...

Personally I find it a great initiative from mangadex and I'm not sure those who appreciate it are a *vocal minority*. Still, @Holo or anyone else, I noticed that Demon's Slayer didn't have the Mangaplus chapters. Is there any reason why this serie has a different treatment ?

that mangaplus site is some hot garbage. if we're already linking to aggregate site, is there a better one than that?

@Sidhe, Mangaplus is not an aggregate site. That you find it a hot garbage just prove that you don't understand at all what it is. But if you prefer giving money to some leechers than to the authors of the manga, please continue having such an opinion.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Sidhe Their reader and image quality may be awful, but they aren't an aggregator, they're an official source. We wouldn't link to aggregators.

Dex-chan lover
hmm.. feels like fakku happenings to me..

personally i dont want that tho.. another place to leave..

Miku best girl
Admin
Obviously we can't control how you feel, lol.

An overwhelming majority of people think that supporting M+ in this way is a good idea.

So is the Manga Plus support over with? None of their series have been updated in a month.

Dex-chan lover
Who in their right mind does allow the MangaPlus ads? I can't even get to their site as it says something like region block. And no I won't install some stupid Apps on my devices. Instead how about you kiss my ass?

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@monkey123 It's worldwide outside of China, South Korea and Japan, all of whom have their own equivalent services. And you don't need to an install an app, not sure where you're getting that from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread