New feature: Reading progress tracker! Thanks for all the support over the past 2 days!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contributor
I like the new vote system, being able to see the vote distribution is great.

Ever since the new features got added in, I keep getting erorr 502 or something...

VIP
@AVeroKariL that's probably the web server getting overwhelmed by high traffic. See this thread: https://mangadex.org/thread/47523

Quick question, how is the Bayesian average calculated (i.e. how are you smoothing things /ed)?

Group Leader
I've been editing the total chapters of titles I've read, but how should extra chapters be treated for this marker? Do they count as a chapter or only main ones?

In example:
There are 1-6 chapters as well as 6.5 as a bonus, should I put a total of 7 or 6?

Miku best girl
Admin
I don't think bonus chapters are counted

Thank you for this new feature.

Unfortunately this does not help us who have migrated from other manga sites. At the very least, an option to "Mark every single chapter in this title as read" would be nice. Although an option to "Mark every chapter up to chapter X as read" would be even nicer.

As it stands, ever since I left "that other manga site" many months ago, I haven't been able to resume reading manga here on MangaDex for this reason. There simply is no way to mark large number of chapters read, repeat almost two hundred times in a convenient way.

At least I have found other uses for the time I would have otherwise spent reading manga, so no big loss. But still, I'd like to resume reading someday...

Miku best girl
Admin
You can manually set your progress tracker if you came from other sites.
Don't rely on the "eye marker" too much - it will be revamped because the current method of storage in the database is unsustainable.

While looking through my follows list I noticed that manga marked as plan-to-read that I haven't read any chapters of have the progress tracker set as if I had read every chapter.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@KeeperB5 Click the pencil icon
8cd4f34f67.png

Holy crap. I had never noticed that feature. Thanks!

Edit: But "Follows" still does not have a column which would tell me if this title has unread chapters or not. *sigh* Guess I'll keep waiting for MD to reach a stage where keeping up with follows is reasonably easy and quick. Or give up on reading manga. Dunno which comes first. Each passing month certainly makes the latter easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread