Nezumi no Hatsukoi - Ch. 4 - Happiness.

Dex-chan lover
Ya know, it's a shame that despite darker subject matters, some authors just can't hide their boners, which just ends up creating really dissonant characters.
Like, she's basically saying "I'm going to teach you how to slice someone's throat, and I might or might not have killed babies", and all he's thinking is "lol nipples".
Hopefully reality sets in so the author can skip the highschool mentality when dealing with murder and yakuzas and then they can fuck when he's killed someone and is drowning in adrenaline or something.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks, y’all. It’s hard to get a read on Aoi; is he just a standard happy go lucky character that’s just glad to be going out with someone or is he a little, ‘off,’ himself. With his little bit of backstory, the latter seems likely…

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
Ya know, it's a shame that despite darker subject matters, some authors just can't hide their boners, which just ends up creating really dissonant characters.
Like, she's basically saying "I'm going to teach you how to slice someone's throat, and I might or might not have killed babies", and all he's thinking is "lol nipples".
Hopefully reality sets in so the author can skip the highschool mentality when dealing with murder and yakuzas and then they can fuck when he's killed someone and is drowning in adrenaline or something.
What do you expect bud? It's his first dip at that kind of thing

Dex-chan lover
Er, no, he's showing perfectly what the problem is with Aoi, and one that we've been clued in on from the start: This dude has serious developmental disorders. He's very disconnected from reality and he's sort of running away from it all by default. Nezumi is also similarly stunted due to her upbringing. These two are able to live through the horror precisely because they have the mental capacity of 12-yr-olds.

Dex-chan lover
Er, no, he's showing perfectly what the problem is with Aoi, and one that we've been clued in on from the start: This dude has serious developmental disorders. He's very disconnected from reality and he's sort of running away from it all by default. Nezumi is also similarly stunted due to her upbringing. These two are able to live through the horror precisely because they have the mental capacity of 12-yr-olds.

Yeah, her I get, because the story presented that as understandable, but with him they are at the stage where him being happy-go-lucky makes him dumb in an annoying way.
If later the author does the same thing he does with Nezumi, making him happy-go-lucky while drenched in blood to create the same dissonance as in early chapters, he goes from dumb to disturbing, which is a different wheelhouse.
To me, right now, the focus on sex in this immature way in this situation, just makes him feel infantile rather than possibly disturbed.

Dex-chan lover
That's a lot of copypasted nipple frame, I get it was meant to show how inexperienced he is but still, somehow I felt the author put it to pad their panels. Oldest trick in comic history.

Dex-chan lover
maybe just me, but i feel like that's part of the point. the author is trying to disturb the audience by not only depicting death and brutality, but having every character involved express a lack of empathy towards said death and brutality. it's probably also why our main characters have a cutesy aesthetic while also surrounded by blood and gore, it's all to serve an uncomfortable dichotomy. i only know a little about Chainsaw Man, but i remember it seemed to broach the same feeling. how effectively this series does in accomplishing that is up to you.
at the very least i like that even though each character shows a similar disinterest in caring about the lives of others, their reasons for doing so all seem to vary from one another. nezumi has been so steeped in it that she's been desensitized, and piss-boy over here is so cowardly he uses his love (and horniness) for nezumi as a shield so he doesn't have to face reality.

Dex-chan lover
That's pretty flattering if you ask me. Aoi is essentially saying Nezumi is so cute and attractive that he can hardly focus even when he knows his life is on the line.

Thank you for the translation (that Nezumi titty last chapter clearly did a number on the poor soul. Boobs have so much power).

Dex-chan lover
That's a lot of copypasted nipple frame, I get it was meant to show how inexperienced he is but still, somehow I felt the author put it to pad their panels. Oldest trick in comic history.
I mean these are some nice drawn nipples, I don't mind the author flexing his skills here and there.

Dex-chan lover
What do you expect bud? It's his first dip at that kind of thing
I'd expect him to take that more seriously, especially given what's at stake here

If he was really serious about being with her, then he would lock in and actually pay full attention to his training

Dex-chan lover
I don't get how this dude is walking around without any problems and probably having a boner. They took out some of his toenails, so wearing socks and shoes must hurt a lot. His wily was flattened by the big mf's shoe, so he either lost it, is now flat or it's not usable. Same with the balls.

30 days to kill a guy while being injured is crazy. Unless this is after a time skip, and he is fully healed, or he has the regeneration of troll. Maybe through horniness. The hornier he gets, the faster he heals... idk man.

Users who are viewing this thread